News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Milodon Gear Drive Question

Started by Sinister68, December 04, 2005, 10:52:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sinister68

Just a quick question:  When using a Milodon Gear drive, do I have to install the oil slinger?  ???

Thanks!
-James
2013 Challenger SRT - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 1968 Charger (R/T)
6.4 Hemi/Auto - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 440 4bbl/5 Speed/Dana 3.54

doechsle

As long as it clears the idler gear bar you can,the slinger is to help prevent timing cover leaks.

Sinister68

Looks like it does'nt fit after all.  The crank cog has its own "compartment" inside the timing cover which is about 1/16" smaller than the oil slinger.

Jeesh, that's not going to be fun if the front crank seal starts to leak.  Whenever that timing cover is removed, the cam timing has to be checked since the idler gear is mounted to the timing cover.   :-[
-James
2013 Challenger SRT - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 1968 Charger (R/T)
6.4 Hemi/Auto - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 440 4bbl/5 Speed/Dana 3.54