News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

2011 Dodge Charger spy photos...

Started by 69Charger_440, January 11, 2010, 11:19:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skip68

I think if Ford did something as dumb as Dodge (Ford won't) it would be a new Mustang based on the Taurus but with a V8.    :smilielol:     :shruggy:   They would still sell but make the Mustang name a joke and Ford won't have that.   But in the end we must look at were Dodge is right now,  the toilet.   I think in the past several years Ford and Chevy have kept the american influence more so when it comes to design and Dodge has had other countries hands in the kitchen with more control.   :shruggy:   
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

Silver R/T

I'd take any year 66-74 before I get into 06-10 Turdnums
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Khyron

Quote from: Nitrox on March 13, 2010, 10:16:10 AM
:hah:  Khyron

Thanks for taking my comments with a grain of salt, sometimes people think im serious around here ;)

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

MoparManJim

I don't belive what I just red, someone tradeds a 2000 mustang in for a a emforcer car, I would have stuff with the mustang as at least that car has more class and more style then that emforcer will ever have period. I have set inside a new charger at the dealership just to see is I could get the feeling of one and see if it would grown on me like it does to some. But the more I set inside it the more the feeling kapt fading, I even told the guy that they should remove the name badging and put "Emforcer" badging on it as it would fit like a glove then  :lol:. Heck out own member JB666 was talking good about the new chargers for awhile before he got one and now after he had one he had not much good to say either if I remember correctly  :lol:

Dodge has really went down the tolit anymore, Ford on the other hand has a good head on there shoulders and know what the people lieks and what they don't like. Now if Dodge would have pulled there head out where the sun don't shine, they would have notice it also but no, they just went with the other companys and said hell with the people and what they want and lets do it our way and they will still like it more likely. Man was they wrong  :lol: as there cars has no style now where as the Ford guys Mustang has style and class all over it. Way to go Dodge  :nana:   

What cracks me up was last summer over town. a friend of mine had his red 1970 charger out and we was out crusin (well killing some time before met up with afew friends) and down town we was at this red light area, these young kids pulls up in a the wannabe charger, they have there stero playing and the they pull up next to us. The driver has his window down and my friends car has no Charger badging on that they can see. The driver turns his stero down and yells over to us "Nice car man!, what is that, a Challenger?" and I look at my friend as he looks at me and starts to laugh. I look over at the driver  :lol: and respond with this "it's a 70 Dodge Charger, man" and he looks at me with a strange look on his face and his buddys ask him a what. Then I respond again with this "You know a real and true charger not one of those emforcers"  :lol:.  Then he said this "Man, I have to find one of those old chargers as I like yours alot dude"  :cheers:, and I hear his buddy saying this "Thats a real charger? then what are we driving?"  :smilielol: . That just crack me up when he said that. 

Brock Samson

:scratchchin: what were you doing crusin the red light area?.  :popcrn:

OneofNoneRT

1968 R/T 440/4 Spd (Prototype Factory Sunroof)
2008 R/T 5.7l HEMI (Road & Track)

OneofNoneRT

1968 R/T 440/4 Spd (Prototype Factory Sunroof)
2008 R/T 5.7l HEMI (Road & Track)

MoparManJim

Quote from: Brock Samson on March 13, 2010, 01:20:08 PM
  :scratchchin: what were you doing crusin the red light area?.  :popcrn:

He was taking a short cut around town to avoid going through town really and we thought why not cruse through downtown (there afew 06 things down there anyways  :lol:. So he went through the down town red light area instead as there was back way to our friends place that we was heading to anyways. So instead of going the whole way around the long way we took the short way for afew reasons. But cought the red light though. But I have to say it was worth it though after hearing what that kid buddy ask him  :lol:. Heck even my friend luagh over it to.   

MoparManJim

Quote from: OneofNoneRT on March 13, 2010, 01:24:30 PM

Not that style of mustang, the other newer ones from 05 and back.  :pity:  :slap:

skip68

Since I'm on fire I would like to add one more thing/point...

I read this is not 1970 it's 2010.  That's true and we know what year this is.
Tell that to Dodge not us.....

We did not try to cling to the past with the HEMI name or Daytona or Charger name.   This was all Dodge not us so tell that to Dodge.      THEY (Dodge) had ads showing a Hemi Daytona pickup truck on a race track with a real Daytona....  NOT US !  THEY (Dodge) tried to capitalize on the past and tried to make a connection with the past by using legend cars and names.   NOT US ! ...   THEY (Dodge) have shoved this Daytona, Charger, Hemi, Super Bee crap down our throats with reference to the 1968-70 legend cars...  NOT US !     So, WHO IS REALLY CLINGING TO THE PAST ? ? ? ? ?   :shruggy:  

If they (Dodge) are going to try and sell the past, (and that's just what they are doing) it is our duty and right to question them on where is the connection.   And that's the truth like it or not.   I did not ask for the new charger/daytona/hemi or super bee.  BUT I am asking what's with the dog and pony show that Dodge has done with them clinging to the past but yet giving us no real connection other than names ?     :shruggy:     Like I said before, I like the 99 concept.   It looks modern but retains some touch of it's history.   You can see there is something there with a modern style and it's very clear it's NOT A 300M.   Sorry guy's, but that's what you have is a Chrysler 300 based car.  Those words are right from Dodge, not me.  

I know this will be a never ending fight and it's sad.   :'(   The new charger/300 is a nice car and I don't want to upset you guys that have them at all.   I just don't like the idea that Dodge made some changes in the 300 to turn it into a "charger"  because it was cheaper than making a new Charger.  And then they try to make the public think that the new Daytona/charger/superbee or whatever has a connection to the past.
  With these new "Charger's" I don't know what the hell I'm looking at  :rotz:  Is it a Charger, charger R/T, Superbee or Daytona ?   :shruggy:  I'm glad that the Superbee has the name and a bee on it and the Daytona has the name on it.  This way I can read what it is.    :smilielol:    The new Challenger was a step in the right direction for Dodge but I fear it is tooooo late.    It won't be a shock for me to see the end of Dodge in the next few years.  

In short, I'm sorry if I upset anyone here.   :cheers:    But you see, I love the whopper and you can't sell me a fish sandwhich with the whopper name stamped on it.    :icon_smile_wink:     OK guy's, be gentle but come on and let me have it.   :icon_smile_big:    
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

MoparManJim

Quote from: skip68 on March 13, 2010, 01:42:04 PM
Since I'm on fire I would like to add one more thing/point...

I read this is not 1970 it's 2010.  That's true and we know what year this is.
Tell that to Dodge not us.....

We did not try to cling to the past with the HEMI name or Daytona or Charger name.   This was all Dodge not us so tell that to Dodge.      THEY (Dodge) had ads showing a Hemi Daytona pickup truck on a race track with a real Daytona....  NOT US !  THEY (Dodge) tried to capitalize on the past and tried to make a connection with the past by using legend cars and names.   NOT US ! ...   THEY (Dodge) have shoved this Daytona, Charger, Hemi, Super Bee crap down our throats with reference to the 1968-70 legend cars...  NOT US !     So, WHO IS REALLY CLINGING TO THE PAST ? ? ? ? ?   :shruggy:  

If they (Dodge) are going to try and sell the past, (and that's just what they are doing) it is our duty and right to question them on where is the connection.   And that's the truth like it or not.   I did not ask for the new charger/daytona/hemi or super bee.  BUT I am asking what's with the dog and pony show that Dodge has done with them clinging to the past but yet giving us no real connection other than names ?     :shruggy:     Like I said before, I like the 99 concept.   It looks modern but retains some touch of it's history.   You can see there is something there with a modern style and it's very clear it's NOT A 300M.   Sorry guy's, but that's what you have is a Chrysler 300 based car.  Those words are right from Dodge, not me.  

I know this will be a never ending fight and it's sad.   :'(   The new charger/300 is a nice car and I don't want to upset you guys that have them at all.   I just don't like the idea that Dodge made some changes in the 300 to turn it into a "charger"  because it was cheaper than making a new Charger.  And then they try to make the public think that the new Daytona/charger/superbee or whatever has a connection to the past.
  With these new "Charger's" I don't know what the hell I'm looking at  :rotz:  Is it a Charger, charger R/T, Superbee or Daytona ?   :shruggy:  I'm glad that the Superbee has the name and a bee on it and the Daytona has the name on it.  This way I can read what it is.    :smilielol:    The new Challenger was a step in the right direction for Dodge but I fear it is tooooo late.    It won't be a shock for me to see the end of Dodge in the next few years.  

In short, I'm sorry if I upset anyone here.   :cheers:    But you see, I love the whopper and you can't sell me a fish sandwhich with the whopper name stamped on it.    :icon_smile_wink:     OK guy's, be gentle but come on and let me have it.   :icon_smile_big:    

Chuck, don't take this the wrong way man... but I love you! very well spoken there with what you said.

Brock Samson

I like three of the new generation Chargers,.. most the Super Bee SRT/8 in the B-5 Blue, the regular old SRT/8 in Black
and the Police Version. Kind of...
 I like the Bullet version of the Mustang from the last couple years. and I might like a Chally if it was optioned exactly the way I'd want it... (and didn't cost $40K, - there are rebates being offered on it now BTW)
Anyhow, this thread is about Spy Shots of the upcomming version, which is kind of interesting, just to see what changes they are making, the entire Corp. is in upheaval right now and the LXs are being modified at the 11th hour - even the Challenger is getting a new floor pan to bring it into line with the latest edition LXs... but you guys go on 'n continue venting It's really funny...  :popcrn:

skip68

:drool5:   I love you to Jimmy...    Hey, I saw the new ford mustang a few post back...   It's got 4 doors and taste like chicken but ford says it's a mustang.  I'll just keep telling myself as I eat it that it taste like beef even though I know it's chicken...  :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:

Black Charger

skip68,

Your comments haven't upset me at all. In fact, I have some of the same criticisms that you do concerning the LX Charger. If you spend any amount of time on the LX forums, you will see that a lot of us are critical of the car's styling. We like them for the creature comforts and performance (namely the SRT8 version) but the styling could use some work. It's an attractive car, but as others have said, it needs to resemble as least one of the classic generations and stick with it.

Here's what I mean. The classic lines become a little more obvious after those ugly side moldings are removed (I removed them from both of the LX Chargers I have had. In fact, it's a popular and cheap cosmetic "mod". The biggest problem with the LX Charger styling is that it doesn't follow just ONE generation (like the Mustang and Challenger). Chrysler tried to use a mishmash of different generations and that only makes the car look a little cluttered. The roof looks like it's from the first generation, the rear flanks from the 2nd, the front end looks like it belongs on a '70 Coronet/Super Bee, and the grille looks like it came off a minivan. A few of the artistically inclined LX forum members have drawn mockups of what they thought the LX Chargers should have looked like and I have to say they looked markedly better than what's out there now. The maddening thing about this is, this is a car that Chrysler could EASILY have built. It would retain the practical side of the current car while looking more like the old one. We're still waiting for that to happen, but now that the Challenger is out, Chrysler has an over the counter resto-mod to compete with the Mustang, so the Charger probably won't see any styling changes for the better.

As you can see, I am hardly a fanboy when it comes to the LX Chargers. In fact, I like discussions like this because it's always interesting to get someone else's take on things.

skip68

Quote from: Black Charger on March 13, 2010, 03:55:48 PM
skip68,

The classic lines become a little more obvious after those ugly side moldings are removed (I removed them from both of the LX Chargers I have had.

Do you have a picture you can post ?    :cheers:

Thank's for not beating me up.   :icon_smile_wink:   I guess I'm more sad than angry of what's become of the Charger.   But I still am a closet 99 concept fan...  :drool5:  :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5:

BigBlackDodge

Quote from: Black Charger on March 13, 2010, 03:55:48 PM
skip68,

Your comments haven't upset me at all. In fact, I have some of the same criticisms that you do concerning the LX Charger. If you spend any amount of time on the LX forums, you will see that a lot of us are critical of the car's styling. We like them for the creature comforts and performance (namely the SRT8 version) but the styling could use some work. It's an attractive car, but as others have said, it needs to resemble as least one of the classic generations and stick with it.

Here's what I mean. The classic lines become a little more obvious after those ugly side moldings are removed (I removed them from both of the LX Chargers I have had. In fact, it's a popular and cheap cosmetic "mod". The biggest problem with the LX Charger styling is that it doesn't follow just ONE generation (like the Mustang and Challenger). Chrysler tried to use a mishmash of different generations and that only makes the car look a little cluttered. The roof looks like it's from the first generation, the rear flanks from the 2nd, the front end looks like it belongs on a '70 Coronet/Super Bee, and the grille looks like it came off a minivan. A few of the artistically inclined LX forum members have drawn mockups of what they thought the LX Chargers should have looked like and I have to say they looked markedly better than what's out there now. The maddening thing about this is, this is a car that Chrysler could EASILY have built. It would retain the practical side of the current car while looking more like the old one. We're still waiting for that to happen, but now that the Challenger is out, Chrysler has an over the counter resto-mod to compete with the Mustang, so the Charger probably won't see any styling changes for the better.

As you can see, I am hardly a fanboy when it comes to the LX Chargers. In fact, I like discussions like this because it's always interesting to get someone else's take on things.

You are aware that they had designed the car first and then stuck the Charger name on it after .....right? It does not share ANY ques from the old Chargers other than colors and graphics.

BBD

bull

Black Charger

As far as the above picture of the Mustang, does anyone know if that is an  actual legit pic released by the factory or someone's photoshop project?

And yes, MoparMan Jim, I traded in a 2001 Mustang GT for my 2006 Charger R/T. You see, I only have ONE vehicle and as such it is my sole source of transportation. The Mustangs were fun, but the lack of room (I am 6'1, 250+) and the fact that they are terrible to drive in winter conditions are what prompted me to trade for the much larger Charger. Even though its RWD, it still gets around pretty good in the snow. With my SRT I have to watch the front fascia, as it hangs down low enough to hang up in some places. As for the 2001 Mustang having more style and class than an LX Charger? I beg to differ with you on that one. If I truly thought the Mustang was a better car, regardless of the space issues, I would have kept it.

skip68-I will post pics as soon as I take some. I used to have pics of my car, but I can't find them at the moment. It's about time to take some new pics anyway. Thanks for the reminder.

No matter what I say, I'm not going to change any minds in here about the LX Chargers, and I don't plan to anyway. People will like and dislike whatever they choose. It just so happens that I like the way the LX Chargers look (even if I think they could also use some styling improvements). If everyone liked the same things, it would be a boring world.

As for that 2011 concept, I think it completely misses the mark. I actually like the current version much better. I like the fact that some people (like skip68) have constructive criticism. I just wish that Dodge would listen to some of it. The Dodge engineers have been hanging around the LX forums looking for "input" and when we give it to them, it seems to go in one ear and out the other. So much for public relations I guess...

Chris G.

Quote from: skip68 on March 13, 2010, 10:40:03 AM
I hate to be wrong so maybe somebody that loves the new charger can ed-ju-kate me.   Can you show me ONE.... (1).... "JUST ONE" thing that has any kind of connection or style (other than the name) from the new charger to the old ? ? ? ? ?

If you can name me "JUST ONE" thing from a 1975-1978 or 1983-1987 Charger that resembles "the old", then I can name something on the new Charger that resembles the old.  :icon_smile_wink:

And someone please remind me again what year has the highest production Dodge Charger again? It ain't 1973 anymore. You kats can cry until your eyes hurt, but Chrysler may not be around right now if not for the 4 door Charger or Ram truck. That's been the only thing keeping them a float if you ask me (or any normal human). How can anyone blame them for using old colors and tricks? I mean keep it real people...the Charger "nameplate" has been abused way before 2006. And comparing Mustang sales to Charger sales? Go back to 68-70 Mustang/Charger sales. Ford has always doubled (or tripled us) in that category. You really think things would be different in todays market?

If you prove me wrong, then I will say you proved me wrong.

Oh... :Twocents:

skip68

Quote from: Chris G. on March 13, 2010, 07:23:17 PM

And comparing Mustang sales to Charger sales? Go back to 68-70 Mustang/Charger sales. Ford has always doubled (or tripled us) in that category.

Ok Chris, you are right... We can't compare the Charger and Mustang sales because they only made 215,000-230,000 +- Chargers in those three years compared to the 820,000 Mustangs made.   So, it would make sense that the Mustang would have 2-3X more sales than a Charger since they made 3-4x more cars.    :smilielol: :rofl:  

Chris, if you have 5 apples and I have 20 apples and we both sell out most of our product, is it possible for you to out sell me ? ? ?    :nana:    :icon_smile_big:     I'm just playing with you....    :cheers:

skip68

If you can name me "JUST ONE" thing from a 1975-1978 or 1983-1987 Charger that resembles "the old", then I can name something on the new Charger that resembles the old.  :icon_smile_wink:

You are 100% right again....   Those years had nothing and so they failed.   All I know is that the 1968 broke sales records.  Dodge tweeked the charger from 1975 and on to the point of no return.  That's what I compare it to.   Not Mustangs or Camaro's or other Charger failers.  The only time I compare it to Mustangs and Camaro's is how Ford and Chevy stuck with what worked.    Even the guys that own the new chargers wish they had more classic style.    Again, not fighting with you Chris so don't kill me.    :icon_smile_big: :cheers:

tan top

Quote from: hutch on March 12, 2010, 09:27:03 AM
Quote from: john.v on January 11, 2010, 11:37:24 PM
:eek2: , do not like it. to many doors................. :slap:

+1, why even hide the body? its not like some other car maker is going to want to copy it i think.

:smilielol: thats funny
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

MoparManJim

Quote from: tan top on March 13, 2010, 08:51:51 PM
Quote from: hutch on March 12, 2010, 09:27:03 AM
Quote from: john.v on January 11, 2010, 11:37:24 PM
:eek2: , do not like it. to many doors................. :slap:

+1, why even hide the body? its not like some other car maker is going to want to copy it i think.

:smilielol: thats funny
They are probably to embaress about the whole design so they thought it was best to just hide it  :lol:

skip68

sshhhhhhhhhhhh,  it's a secret.   :smilielol: 

472 R/T SE

If you can name me "JUST ONE" thing from a 1975-1978 or 1983-1987 Charger that resembles "the old", then I can name something on the new Charger that resembles the old.  :icon_smile_wink:

And someone please remind me again what year has the highest production Dodge Charger again? It ain't 1973 anymore. You kats can cry until your eyes hurt, but Chrysler may not be around right now if not for the 4 door Charger or Ram truck. That's been the only thing keeping them a float if you ask me (or any normal human). How can anyone blame them for using old colors and tricks? I mean keep it real people...the Charger "nameplate" has been abused way before 2006. And comparing Mustang sales to Charger sales? Go back to 68-70 Mustang/Charger sales. Ford has always doubled (or tripled us) in that category. You really think things would be different in todays market?

You know I've wanted to mention that little tidbit for a while now but I'm not quick witted enough for any ensuing rebuttals it's sure to entail.  The Charger was/is outselling the 300.  When the 300 was introduced it was hailed as the savior of Daimler Chrysler.

As far as comparing the Mustang, the same thing can be applied now as back in the day.  The Mustang was marketed to a whole different segment of the public.  It's idiotic to compare them.  Apples & oranges.

Y'all can snivel about the Charger all you want, that's your right.  But really does it matter, the car wasn't built to appease the owners of classic Chargers' anyways.  >Creed comment<
There's an entirely different market the car is geared towards, and that market out numbers' the 7620 members' of this site, moparts or any other classic forum by an insane amount.  So the redesigned car will continue to be a 4 door because FIAT doesn't want to mess with some thing that's been such a success.  

I too liked the prototype Charger until one day it hit me that it looked just like the Camaro.   :eek2:

:Twocents:   :Twocents: