News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

2011 Dodge Charger spy photos...

Started by 69Charger_440, January 11, 2010, 11:19:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mauve66

"catfish that just ate a dog turd grill."

i just can't get that image out of my mind................................ :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke:
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

SeattleCharger

Quote from: Armudster on January 12, 2010, 07:50:07 AM
The design itself is not that bad, the problem is the freakin' 4 doors, cgheck this image out, it looks a lot better as a two door.

cool pic of two door charger, 

but hey, they gotta be able to sell these chargers to be taxi cabs and cop cars,  come on    :brickwall:

Why would you want anything else?  Just give me a Charger and I'll be happy.

Brock Samson

Just an update:   :shruggy:
This bad photo of the revised cars' dash has come to light.
I know it's not our style,.. I'm just stirring the pot...
and remember folks BEWARE of the TROLLS...  :RantExplode:
Bull, you stay off this thread - remember your blood pressure!

the old one..

and the upcomming 300s' dash..

Khyron

If I eat a lot of spinach.... and my poop is green... it's still poop right?

nuff said ;)

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

Nitrox

1973 is the only year they got the Charger right.

69charger2002

if numbers don't lie, then you're dead on.. 1973 was the highest selling year for charger, ever.. but man those opera windows, and the loss of hideaways and scoops(R/T, rallye) etc was just a travesty.. and no hood options except a bulge? to me by 1973 the charger was all but dead looks wise..
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

bull

chargerjy9

"1973 is the only year they got the Charger right. "

I am not sure I would go that far, the 2nd gen is a timeless design, the RT/SE versions were muscular with a touch of luxury class. But that said, I love my 73 (with opera windows, et al). yes, I miss the hideaways (thanks to the bean counters) The 3rd gen, esp 73/74 cars were beautifully styled,  with sexy, sinewy curves. IMO the opera windows were unique and made that car stand out among the rest. I never was a fan of the Gremlinesque b pillar treatment of the 71's and 72's.
Everybody and his brother either has a 2nd gen, or loves them, but even tho the 73 was the best selling year, there are few of them seen on the road today ( I know that there are those of you out there who say they were'nt worth saving ( I consider you guys to be the "fringe"  anyways, pretty inflexible.) Yes the 73/74 may not be true muscle cars, whatever THAT definition is. but then IMO the General Lee type of "muscle car" and the whole rebel yell mystique about it is  nothing more than a cartoon, not   representative of what the marque is  REALLY all about.
1973 Dodge Charger SE 400 4 bbl,727, survivor
1977 AMC Pacer original
2011 Dodge charger R/T Max

elanmars

as a former owner of a '73, I gotta say that besides the lack of performance aspect and no hideaways, the body itself is the perfect 3rd gen-the back window fits the body curve perfectly. the ride is very nice too. if I ever got one again, I would borrow some parts from a '71 and '72 and make the perfect 3rd gen. some people already have done that on this forum and it looks fantastic.

never cared for the '73-74 grille much.

the 2nd gen styling of the 68-69 is unbeatable. the 70 body is ok except for that lip molding.
1969 Dodge Charger, pseudo General Lee., 1973 ratty Dodge Charger.

check out my photography: http://www.tomasraul.com
instagram: tomasraul
facebook: www.facebook.com/tomasraulphotography

hutch

Quote from: john.v on January 11, 2010, 11:37:24 PM
:eek2: , do not like it. to many doors................. :slap:

+1, why even hide the body? its not like some other car maker is going to want to copy it i think.

They need to work on the sporty side of their cars and reduce the costs to get them back under 15K, then they will sell like hot cakes.
In the words of Colonel Sanders,,,   "I'm too drunk,,, to taste this chicken"

Khyron

Quote from: chargerjy9 on March 12, 2010, 07:11:28 AM
Yes the 73/74 may not be true muscle cars, whatever THAT definition is.

Generally accepted, full size car motor in a mid / small body.

and i'm re-reading the second part to see if I should be insulted...

HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

Nitrox

I am not sure I would go that far...

I would. I did. And heres why.

Its my life and I got one round of it. I like the '73 the best. So Im going to live my life with a '73 in it. Thats all there is to it.

This is not a popularity contest to me, like it is to some. Theres plenty of people who cant stand a '69 Charger, or even a '73 Charger...Hell even Dodge for that matter sucks to A LOT of folks. Theres ALWAYS going to be somebody with a negative opionion regardless of what I drive...even Lambo's or Chevy's. So Im going to live MY life the way I want and Im going to represent what I like in MY life.

Khyron

Quote from: Nitrox on March 12, 2010, 02:29:57 PM
I am not sure I would go that far...

I would. I did. And here's why.

Its my life and I got one round of it. I like the '73 the best. So I'm going to live my life with a '73 in it. That's all there is to it.

This is not a popularity contest to me, like it is to some. Theres plenty of people who cant stand a '69 Charger, or even a '73 Charger...Hell even Dodge for that matter sucks to A LOT of folks. Theres ALWAYS going to be somebody with a negative opionion regardless of what I drive...even Lambo's or Chevy's. So Im going to live MY life the way I want and Im going to represent what I like in MY life.

If it your life and you live it once maybe you should stop acting like someones pissing in your Cheerios and try to come across a little better. If what you want to represent in your life is coming across like an asshat, your doing great!

if you like it the best... so be it, but don't come in on a soap box and preach it as the best...

HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

Khyron

ohh and maybe I should add, this is nothing to the 3rd gens, hell, I like the damn things.... would I own one? no, I'm not digging the body, I like the 1st gens a bit better... but if I couldn't own my 2rd gen "popularity contest" car then I would get a 67, if the choice was no 1st or second gen charger....I would own a Pontiac GTO, or Firebird.

HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

Matthan

one day we will get a real Charger

472 R/T SE

Quote from: Nitrox on March 12, 2010, 02:29:57 PM

Well said!  That's one of the best posts I've read on here.

He's no different than the "selected few" who ridicule other year's w/in the 2nd generation except his happens to be a '73.

Khyron

Quote from: 472 R/T SE on March 12, 2010, 04:02:32 PM
He's no different than the "selected few" who ridicule other year's w/in the 2nd generation except his happens to be a '73.

any they're asshats also ;-)

Except the Magnacharger haters, they're o.k. ;-)

HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

Black Charger

I've followed this thread since the beginning and I have been a little reluctant to post, but I'm going to get this off my chest anyway.

I have been a Charger enthusiast since the first time I watched the Dukes of Hazzard in 1979 when I was eight. I also used to watch the NASCAR races with my Dad on Wide World Of Sports and I was also a fan of Richard Petty's 1974 Charger. I always wanted to own a Charger over the years, but time, money and circumstances always got in the way. I even came close to owning a '73 back in 1991 (as I posted in another thread) but my Dad wasn't keen on the idea of me dragging the rather haggard (but driveable) Charger home. After that, since Chrysler didn't produce anything that I was even remotely interested in (with the exception of the Viper, which I can't afford, then or now), I drove three Mustangs in a row. Finally, when the 1999 concept came out I was excited.

I was less then thrilled when the first mockups of the 2006 production models came out in Car & Driver. I abolutely HATED the thing until I saw one in person and it started to grow on me. Finally, one of my best friends bought a GoMango 2006 Daytona and he took me for a ride in it. I officially wanted a new Charger after that, and in July 2006, I traded in my 2001 Mustang GT for a black 2006 Charger R/T. I found a better job after buying the R/T and about nine months later, I traded in the R/T for a nice used 2006 Charger SRT8. Finally, after some good fortune smiled on my wife and I, in December 2009, I paid off the SRT8.

I am now looking for either a 2nd or 3rd generation Charger like I have always wanted, which brings me to this site. I have been a member of a couple of the LX forums for a few years, but given all of the hate Hfrom the old-school Mopar crowd towards the new Charger, I was a little reluctant to come here, or at least admit that I actually own an LX Charger. But now, I don't care if I am hated or not. The fact is, the LX Chargers also have a loyal following and not all of us turn them into gaudy pimp-mobiles. I understand that everyone is entitled to their opinion, but some of the comments I have read are insulting, hateful, unnecessary and downright childish. Like I said, say what you will about my car, but from some of the comments I have seen, a few of you are truly showing your ignorance.

Nitrox

skip68

Black Charger, I am one of those that think the new charger is a joke.   It is a nice car but has the wrong name on it IMO...    :yesnod:    I hope they can make a change so it stands out and looks like no other car (300) but that won't happen.    :rotz:    Anywho...   you are welcome here and good luck finding your dream car.   :cheers:    I have a 68 but would love to get a 71-74 also.    :drool5:

By the way, I do like the 99 concept charger that TK73 posted on page 3, post 54.    :yesnod:    Sorry guys, but that car looks good to me.    It has some flavor of the past mixed with new style.   Then Dodge can continue to run ads showing the old Chargers with a new one and we can see the connection.   :2thumbs:   

I hate to be wrong so maybe somebody that loves the new charger can ed-ju-kate me.   Can you show me ONE.... (1).... "JUST ONE" thing that has any kind of connection or style (other than the name) from the new charger to the old ? ? ? ? ?   Dodge put the old ones in commercials trying to show it's a new version.  So that's all I want to help me understand.    WERE IS THE CONNECTION ?     :shruggy:   I'm not starting a fight, I just want to know....  Help me PLEASE understand the connection is all I ask from the new charger owners.     :shruggy:    Like I said before....  If BK made a "new" whopper and ran ads of the old whopper that made them famous to help promote the new one that would be smart and good.   But, if the new whopper was a "fish sandwhich" what the hell is the connection ? ? ?    :shruggy: :smilielol: 

Again, I don't want to fight, just an honest connection to help my dumb ass see.    :yesnod: :cheers:
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

Dans 68

Hmm, so as I have a '68 and a '73 I'm doing it right (meaning everyone likes me?)?  :icon_smile_wink:

Dan
1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259

OneofNoneRT

Quote from: Black Charger on March 12, 2010, 11:55:27 PM
The fact is, the LX Chargers also have a loyal following and not all of us turn them into gaudy pimp-mobiles. I understand that everyone is entitled to their opinion, but some of the comments I have read are insulting, hateful, unnecessary and downright childish. Like I said, say what you will about my car, but from some of the comments I have seen, a few of you are truly showing your ignorance.

Blackcharger, I know, I am lucky enough to enjoy both worlds ( well 68 is under resto..), Not everyone here has the same opinions on the New.. And I do think I heard somewhere that this site was called " dodgecharger.com" Not 1st,2nd,3rd,dodgecharger.com.. If no one welcomed you,I will.."WELCOME" :2thumbs:
1968 R/T 440/4 Spd (Prototype Factory Sunroof)
2008 R/T 5.7l HEMI (Road & Track)

mauve66

Quote from: skip68 on March 13, 2010, 10:40:03 AM
Black Charger, I am one of those that think the new charger is a joke.   It is a nice car but has the wrong name on it IMO...    :yesnod:    I hope they can make a change so it stands out and looks like no other car (300) but that won't happen.    :rotz:    Anywho...   you are welcome here and good luck finding your dream car.   :cheers:    I have a 68 but would love to get a 71-74 also.    :drool5:

By the way, I do like the 99 concept charger that TK73 posted on page 3, post 54.    :yesnod:    Sorry guys, but that car looks good to me.    It has some flavor of the past mixed with new style.   Then Dodge can continue to run ads showing the old Chargers with a new one and we can see the connection.   :2thumbs:   

I hate to be wrong so maybe somebody that loves the new charger can ed-ju-kate me.   Can you show me ONE.... (1).... "JUST ONE" thing that has any kind of connection or style (other than the name) from the new charger to the old ? ? ? ? ?   Dodge put the old ones in commercials trying to show it's a new version.  So that's all I want to help me understand.    WERE IS THE CONNECTION ?     :shruggy:   I'm not starting a fight, I just want to know....  Help me PLEASE understand the connection is all I ask from the new charger owners.     :shruggy:    Like I said before....  If BK made a "new" whopper and ran ads of the old whopper that made them famous to help promote the new one that would be smart and good.   But, if the new whopper was a "fish sandwhich" what the hell is the connection ? ? ?    :shruggy: :smilielol: 

Again, I don't want to fight, just an honest connection to help my dumb ass see.    :yesnod: :cheers:

that is the best arguement i've heard on the car, there is NO connection to an older Charger (even a 3rd or 4th gen) like a Camero or Mustang or Challenger has, i still like the car cause it has a V8 and i think it looks alot better with the SRT hood/grill but its still not a Charger to me

what do you think the ford guys would say if the new mustang came out and looked like a modern pinto or gremlin and had no indication of its heritage??
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment