News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

LOS ANGELES - Good mechanics for classic cars?

Started by Wolfie, January 06, 2012, 03:29:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wolfie

i seem to be having a problem finding a solid mechanic in the los angeles area to work on my charger, and was wondering if there might be someone here who could recommend one?
New to the muscle car/mopar addiction so bare with the "dumb" things I'm likely to ask all of you. Just trying to learn and gotta start somewhere! Cheers!

Rolling_Thunder

Quote from: Chryco Psycho on January 06, 2012, 07:36:42 PM
Restoration By Julius ??
he may know someone good if he won't tackle your problems

I wouldnt take anything I own to that guy...         

What do you need done?  I live in the Los Angeles area - i'll point you in the direction depending on what you need done.
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

Cooter

You may have a problem finding one you trust as most "Mechanics" don't like messing with people's "Babys" so to speak. These types tend to be overly concerned with minor to the "Mechanic", but major to the owner problems with certain aspects of their work. Therefore, they tend to be as a bodyshop would be when attempting to do any work..It simply isn't worth the problems.

I have found myself that you can be the best damn "Technician" around on anything, but mess with One person's car that is kinda "Anal" about it and all of a sudden your the worst "Mechanic" that ever touched a car. My :Twocents:
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

Rolling_Thunder

True Cooter - I had a really anal guy about his 70 Cuda - but if you do right by the customer he will give you respect and business until he dies..   
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

Cooter

We call these type car owners "Reputation Breakers", instead of "Money makers". unfortunately, My Business owners in this to make a living. Can't do that if you have to give the work away four times to someone that's overly "Anal". Some will b*tch simply because that's how they built their entire car, by complaining about everything until they have very little if any, money invested at the end. Those types we tend to simply stay away from. GOOD friends however "Anal" they may be, tend to know that if you piss-off a good "Mechanic", there's always a bad one that's willin' to "Work" on your sh*t for free.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"