News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

finally back home

Started by 70charginglizard, January 10, 2010, 10:41:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

70charginglizard

Finally got her home last nite and come to find out (although I could have sworn I had the correct booster from the one pic I had of that area) after I got it home and had the opportunity to actually see it in person it's not the right booster. Its the single diaphram one. and the new master cylinder the shop put in is not correct either.
So First thing done last night was that we pulled all that stuff out and ordered up hopefully the correct setup for front disk/rear drum Master cylinder and booster from Napa. Now I just hope they can find and deliver the correct ones to me. :-\
70charginglizard

jaak

What booster are you needing? A bendix booster? I had a time finding one, too. All the parts stores still show a part # for it, but it looks nothing like the original. Its a service replacement. (been there done that). I finally bought a core from a member here and sent it to Prior Brake in Texas. It was $101 bucks for the rebuild with return shipping.

Jason

70charginglizard

Yeah I just remember that someone in here had a correct booster and master cylinder for sale just after I made the order with napa on line.  :brickwall: I'm working on cancelling that order with napa because of this and to get the one from my friend on here.  :2thumbs:

bty-that is one beautiful looking firewall you got there. :2thumbs:
70charginglizard

jaak

69bronzeT5

The engine looks GREAT Kelly! :2thumbs:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

70charginglizard

Quote from: 69bronzeT5 on January 10, 2010, 02:35:08 PM
The engine looks GREAT Kelly! :2thumbs:

Thanks

I just got finish pulling most everything out to paint the engine bay.

Scuffed everything up and got my first coat of primer down. Man I'm beat. That was a job and a half.

70charginglizard