News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

End of the decade- dodgecharger.com moments

Started by 69bronzeT5, December 30, 2009, 11:40:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nacho-RT74

yes you are right and thast what I'm saying, but at that point you never say I AM 41 YEARS OLD, you say I'M 40 YEARS OLD ;)

and because same reason you are right we are on the 2010 year of the Christ birthday, but he got 2009 years old now.

after that we can maybe discuss about why we celebrate the Christ birthday on Dec 25 instead Jan 1... that will take us looong time and will take us to Gregorian calendar ( used up to mid age ) and everything. Maybe to not mix the celebration with the New Years day, and make it more separate of any party far away from religious holidays
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

Ponch ®

Quote from: Nacho-RT74 on January 03, 2010, 08:31:08 PM
yes you are right and thast what I'm saying, but at that point you never say I AM 41 YEARS OLD, you say I'M 40 YEARS OLD ;)

and because same reason you are right we are on the 2010 year of the Christ birthday, but he got 2009 years old now.

after that we can maybe discuss about why we celebrate the Christ birthday on Dec 25 instead Jan 1...

it depends on who you ask. Some say that it's because December 25 was the date of the Roman Sun holiday and a Christian emperor (don't exactly remember which one) decided to celebrate Christmas on that day as to overshadow the pagan holiday. Others say that Christians adopted the holiday and eventually took it over. And yet others, like the Pope, say that December 25 is nine months after the canonically accepted date of Jesus' conception (the annunciation).

I don't know...I'm still with Troy on this one.
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

TK73

Quote from: Ponch ® on December 31, 2009, 04:37:56 PM
Quote from: PocketThunder on December 31, 2009, 04:13:08 PM
Quote from: Ponch ® on December 31, 2009, 03:54:57 PM
Another moment - or moments, rather - go back to the old site: the ChargerBill vs. John Kunkel / Last426 / Orange_Crush flame fests were epic.  

and TK73!   :icon_smile_big:

Oh yeah...where is that dude anyway? Last time I remember hearing from him he was having some marital problems and was "reassessing" his life. Another good guy (albeit politically misguided  :D) that we haven't seen around here in a while.

Present and accounted for... sorta...

I've racked up two ex wives in the last five years... is it legal to marry your Charger in CA?  If so, I'm moving... trust the old beater a whole lot more than any woman...
1973 Charger : 440cid - 727 - 8.75/3.55

Now watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical,
      a liberal, oh fanatical, criminal.
Won't you sign up your name, we'd like to feel you're
      acceptable, respectable, oh presentable, a vegetable!

Mike DC

When someone talks about "best rock band of the 1990s" or something like that, do they have the chart going from 1991-2000?  No. 

When someone talks about "best rock band of the 1980s," do they make the chart 1981-1990?  No. 

In cultural terms we identify our decades starting at zero and ending at nine.  This tends to be how we think regardless of what the number system technically means. 

hemi68charger

My most memorable moments;

The restoration/saga of my LL1 '68 Hemi Charger R/T which eventually got me to my...

number one moment, the no-money-exchanged-up-until-then-elusive '69 Charger Daytona..........  Whew !!!! I did it.......  Now, the saga continues...

I've enjoyed Geno's restoration process on his Daytona and the creation of the Aero Discussion section....

Troy
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

Nacho-RT74

Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on January 04, 2010, 09:49:20 AM
In cultural terms we identify our decades starting at zero and ending at nine.  This tends to be how we think regardless of what the number system technically means. 

yeap, that's why I didn't want initially talk about, but since somebody else mentioned I wanted to give my knoledgement about.

Is true that culturaly and commonly we associate the decade by the second number on the year ( 1980, 1990 etc... ) but just showing the reality of the facts about where really begings and ends....
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html

BB1

Most interesting person hands down Cody. To many moments to remember.  :2thumbs:

Delete my profile

Landonsrt

Quote from: Nacho-RT74 on January 03, 2010, 07:47:59 PM
we never sayd YEAR 0 after of before Christ... you say year one after or before Christ

whe are now still at first decade, because the year 10 IS GOING from now. We are on 2009 and 3 days from the point 0, 3 days runing from the 10th year what completes the decade.

we are at the Jan 3 of the 2010 RUNNING, not ended, so we have 2009 years and 3 days COMPLETED from Christ birth. Decade hasn't finished

Technically its not from his birth, its his death. AD= After Death

MoparSam

Quote from: Landonsrt on January 04, 2010, 12:06:39 PM
we never sayd YEAR 0 after of before Christ... you say year one after or before Christ

whe are now still at first decade, because the year 10 IS GOING from now. We are on 2009 and 3 days from the point 0, 3 days runing from the 10th year what completes the decade.

we are at the Jan 3 of the 2010 RUNNING, not ended, so we have 2009 years and 3 days COMPLETED from Christ birth. Decade hasn't finished

Not wanting to be a smart butt or nothing but I was sure AD stands for Anno Domini (Latin for In the year of our Lord)  Funny what you remember from 6th grade.  My favorite moment was Pocket Thunder's standing in line and the young couple in front of him buying rubbers thread.
'68 Charger R/T 440
'74 D-100 Adventurer 318
'75 Ramcharger 360 4x4 4 Speed
'78 Ramcharger 360 4x4 4 Speed
'67 Dart GT (Soon 440)
'05 Ram 1500 4.7
1/2 '71 Dart

Troy

Well, my most vivid memory is starting this site and trying to figure out what, if anything, I could salvage from the old one. My other "best memories" are of meeting members at shows and during my travels. Bad memories include the 2004 Presidential election (old site) and the 2 years I spent fighting the spammers until the software got good enough to filter most of them.

How about the Dick Landy '70 Charger? That was a defining moment for me on the power of connecting with all kinds of people from all over the world. It was neat to see the story unfold.

I'd have to say seeing Mike on Bullrun was pretty captivating as well.

There are a too many to mention but I love seeing the build stories of all the cars here. I know it can be an ordeal for some (maybe all) but when the cars are finished it's like everyone knows them intimately. That appreciation is hard to instill on the average Joe at a car show seeing the finished product (and invariably picking it apart).

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Ponch ®

Quote from: MoparSam on January 04, 2010, 12:28:12 PM

Not wanting to be a smart butt or nothing but I was sure AD stands for Anno Domini (Latin for In the year of our Lord)  Funny what you remember from 6th grade.  My favorite moment was Pocket Thunder's standing in line and the young couple in front of him buying rubbers thread.

:yesnod:
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Nacho-RT74

technically you are wrong ;D

Mike DC

We could spin the details of the year numbering system even farther - The bearded dude in the robes was said to have been born during the reign of king Herod, but Herod actually died in 4 B.C.  Best current guess for the birthdate is somewhere between 0007-0004 B.C.

moparstuart

Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on January 04, 2010, 03:22:44 PM

We could spin the details of the year numbering system even farther - The bearded dude in the robes was said to have been born during the reign of king Herod, but Herod actually died in 4 B.C.  Best current guess for the birthdate is somewhere between 0007-0004 B.C.

LOL  bearded dude in the robes
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

69bronzeT5

Quote from: BB1 on January 04, 2010, 11:13:30 AM
Most interesting person hands down Cody. To many moments to remember.  :2thumbs:

Thanks for the shout-outs guys :icon_smile_big:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

dodgecharger-fan

I start my decades on the 6's and they're still 10 years long.

Ponch ®

Quote from: moparstuart on January 04, 2010, 04:34:31 PM

Old Moparz?

moparstuart

Quote from: Ponch ® on January 04, 2010, 05:49:26 PM

Old Moparz?
yeah and sandles also
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

PocketThunder

Quote from: Ponch ® on January 04, 2010, 05:49:26 PM

Old Moparz?

:smilielol:  :smilielol:  :smilielol:  :smilielol:  :smilielol:  :smilielol:  :smilielol:

He should have chimed in by now!
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

mikesbbody

Man, how could i forget? meeting Johnny six pack back in 2007 for me was a highlight.