News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Fire! survival made the front page....

Started by OneofNoneRT, January 06, 2010, 07:21:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

OneofNoneRT

6 am Monday morning i get a call..it is my Daughter she is in hysterics..Trailer is on fire and they are out but they cant get Lilman! ( Small white dog kinda like a real snoopy).. :rotz: Well hen we get there we meet the ambulance they are taking my Son in law to the hospital with smoke inhalation and slight burns.. They say it is minor so we proceed to the trailer..We meet my daughter she is just a mess,  she tells us they awoke to smoke when jerry stood up he was right in the smoke he went back down looked out the bedroom door and could see flames in the kitchen area closed the door got to the window and broke it out then threw a blanket over and threw my daughter out ( pretty good drop) Then came out too. They had another dog Missy a larger dog that came out with them But Lilman wouldnt come! My daughter ran to the neighbors and called the FD and came back yellin for lilman! Jerry(Son in law) Had went to the front door and finally kicked it in and the flames shot out and thats when he singed his ear.. But they couldnt see the dog and he  wouldnt come..  :rotz: FD comes and begins trying to put the fire out ..This is a picture not long after we get there and My wife left for the Hospital with our daughter to get her checked out and to check on Jerry.  
1968 R/T 440/4 Spd (Prototype Factory Sunroof)
2008 R/T 5.7l HEMI (Road & Track)

OneofNoneRT

Well I find the fire captain and tell him to watch out for the dog. so they could have some closure. well he says no signs of any pets .. They trailer they had to peel the siding off of the sides to get the fire out..you could see all the way thru out the back of the trailer where it burnt .. looks worse than the picture shows. it was still burning inside.. I stay for awhile as they put out the hot spots ( its about 15 degrees outside).. No sign of any pets but they find the car key.. burnt bad but it still worked on there car.. so I go and set in my Pickup to warm up and I see the captain walking my way carrying something..ITS LILMAN!!! Hes alive!... He came out from one of the back Bedrooms ..scared the Fireman when he took off!! He Looks bad ,Stinks but he is alive.. I call My Daughter and let her know.. The Brightest part of the ordeal!  This dog a couple years ago got ran over buy a truck doing 35-40 mph.. Dislocated his shoulder, could not  walk for months had to crawl..My daughter babied him back to health..He has a limp.. Just one incredibly tough little dog!! :laugh:  Vet says he had damage heat damge to one eye and smoke got him on creme for his eye and anti biotics for his lungs.. Simply amazing.. ;D

tan top

yikes,  sorry to hear that , glad everyone made it out ok !!   yeah tough doggie :yesnod:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

poppa

God must love stupid people....he made a sh**load of 'em....

Matco tools...guaranteed for a lifetime. Just not a human lifetime.

TruckDriver

Quote from: tan top on January 06, 2010, 08:13:41 AM
yikes,  sorry to hear that , glad everyone made it out ok !!   yeah tough doggie :yesnod:

Agreed! It's great everyone will be okay in the end including her pets. Fire is my biggest fear in life, well other then spiders.
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

TruckDriver

PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

268RTs4ME

Give my reguards to your daughter and family, the best thing is that no one was seriously injured or lost of life,, my home burned over a year ago, i wasn't  home when fire started luckly, but lost two pets in the fire 1 yorkie and 1 chiwawa, but were like my kids, but they are safe now, anyway its hard to stand there and watch everything you have go up in smoke and flames, all I had was what I had on my back, and reality hits you, i was smart enough to have my home and contents insured. but the insurances companys are as,, holes too. my home was a total loss along with everything you have accummulated thru the years, personal stuff like family pictures keepsakes,special gifts from special people in your life, insurances doesn't cover that, its like everything being erased that you basically cherished. Anyway tell your daughter and family to keep the faith cause better things are gonna happen now, To anyone who has ever had a fire, they know what I mean. give them my best, and they will be alot of other people there for them, there are still good hearted people around.

FlatbackFanatic

Glad everyone is OK. Houses can be replaced, people and pets can't, its nice to see that they'll be alright.
Flatback Fanatic, Kurt  , MN

RD

what a good outcome for the pup and your daughter.. sorry about the place, but its cliche.. you can replace items, not loved ones.  they did have insurance correct?
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

Brock Samson

That's how my mom died, she went back in to get her dog... and they both died...
glad everyone is safe.

OneofNoneRT

No Insurance..newlyweds just getting going  :rotz: Brock! Sorry man.. People can sure get attached to there pets.. A lot of community freinds outpouring . I think they will be fine, just a lesson learned.. The night before they borrowed My WII and games .. I Lost My WII! :brickwall: Yes of course its just stuff and we all feel blessed that no one was seriously hurt.. They keep my Niece and nephew a lot and they would have been in the back bedroom.. Could have been a huge tragedy. so no matter what we are all real greatful for the outcome.. No Idea yet what was the cause, Older rental trailer.. :shruggy:

Sublime/Sixpack

Glad to hear that everyone made it out okay, including Lilman.
1970 Sublime R/T, 440 Six Pack, Four speed, Super Track Pak

OneofNoneRT

There story Made The front page of the local paper..

The70RT

Wow....sorry. I'm glad everyones gonna be ok. That's pretty cool to have the dogs on the front page. Too bad it had to be for that reason. Pets seem to ease some of the pain when your down so the animals being saved was a savior.

Sorry about your loss Brock and your pain you endured.
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

bull

Well now, there's some excitement you could live without. :o