News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

whats its worth thread... partially restored '69 R/T

Started by wstukas, January 08, 2010, 08:50:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wstukas

Wondering what my car is worth as it sits.  I'm thinking of putting her up for sale, but really don't know where to start.

First, a few pics can be found here.  http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,60882.msg679330.html#msg679330

It is a '69 R/T 440 HP 727 car.  I have a clear title, the build sheet, and the fender tag.  Also have a chain of ownership all the way back to the 2nd owner who purchased it in the early 80's.  It is R4 red, Black top and interior w/ buckets.  A/C car, power steering, manual 11" HD drums (converted to power).  3.23 open Mopar 8 3/4, "hemi" rear leafs, music master AM radio.

Original 440 was rebuilt in 2002, .030".  All stock rebuild except for a mopar "purple" cam.  727 was also rebuilt at this time.  They both have less than 100 miles on them.  Engine was broken in, and it's only run in the neighborhood, and off and on trailers etc...

Body work was done by Larry Lephardt in SC in 2001-2003.  I'm pretty positive this car is straighter than it was new!  I have a complete interior minus the buckets, although most all of it will need replacing.  It does run and drive around the neighborhood.  But could use some carb work before its really roadworthy.

So, whatcha guys think?
XS29L9, 1969 Charger R/T.  R4 red Black vinyl top.

PocketThunder

I'd start at $20,000~25,000, but i tend to guess high.    :Twocents:

"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

69charger2002

i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

1969chargerrtse

This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

TylerCharger69

wait.....somebody school me on this....but i was under the impression that RT cars had sure-grip differentials and not open????

Sublime/Sixpack

1970 Sublime R/T, 440 Six Pack, Four speed, Super Track Pak

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: TylerCharger69 on January 08, 2010, 07:38:38 PM
wait.....somebody school me on this....but i was under the impression that RT cars had sure-grip differentials and not open????
Maybe, but it's got paper work, tag and correct motor.
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

chargerboy69

I would tend to think into the $15,000.00ish range.  I have seen many sweet running and driving R/T's out there needing little to nothing only bringing low to mid 20's.  Good luck.
Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

wstukas

Quote from: TylerCharger69 on January 08, 2010, 07:38:38 PM

On my build sheet, code D53
XS29L9, 1969 Charger R/T.  R4 red Black vinyl top.

Ghoste

Sure Grip was an option TylerCharger69, even on RT's.

68charger383

1968 Charger 383(Sold)
2003 Dodge Viper SRT-10