News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Trunk latch won't catch.

Started by Wakko, December 02, 2005, 11:39:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wakko

:icon_smile_angry:

The locking mechanism doesn't seem to have a strong spring in it, but I'm not sure.  No matter what I do, it simply won't catch.  Is this fixable or do I need to find another latch assembly?  They available repro or from a different vehicle?  Thanks, guys.
Ian

'69 Basketcase, bluetooth powered

Boynton 236 F&AM

Drop Top

I assume you oiled it really well, right? I've never seen one go bad unless it got broken in an accident. If you have tried adjusting it and it still wont work. If you really need a different one. You can get it from any other B-Body car from the same 3 years. Others might work also. But without looking at them I can't tell you for sure.

Charger_Fan

Try closing it with a screwdriver (substituting where the solid striker would go) & see if it latches that way. Just don't forget to unlock it again before you slam the lid. ;D

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

cudaken

Have you taken the latch or trunk off then it started to happen? Or should I say not happen?

If you have had either off I will post a trick of getting the stuff lined up. If not off, try the oil as drop Top said. I have replaced alot of stuff that does not ware out but my cars still have the orginals.

Cuda Ken
I am back

Wakko

I doused it in WD40 today and the latch caught, so I guess it's dirty in there, but it doesn't seem that dirty at all.  The whole mechanism seems fairly sloppy, so it could be worn out.  I haven't removed it lately, so everything should be lined up as it was.  I'll keep my eyes out for a replacement I guess.
Ian

'69 Basketcase, bluetooth powered

Boynton 236 F&AM