News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Auction season opens next week

Started by Ghoste, January 16, 2010, 01:42:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghoste

Anyone care to make predictions?

My own would be that rare quality cars will bring as much and in some cases slightly more than last year.  More common but still quality cars will hold their own.  I also think the clone insanity has ended for the most part.  There will be some exceptions but clones will now start selling for the kind of money they should bring.  (which is based on condition and not the rarity of whatever model they are trying to imitate)

TruckDriver

B-J pulled a 1971 Plymouth Hemi 'Cuda Re-Creation that was supposed to go up on Saturday. They found out it was stolen in 1975.

http://www.barrett-jackson.com/media/pressreleases/01152010_mystery-concerning-1971-plymouth-cuda-solved.asp
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Chad L. Magee

I think that the well built clones will still hold their own against the restored factory ones. (especially in the 67-9 Camaro and 67-68 Mustang fastbacks with new bodies).  As for the very rare originals, they will probably increase in price roughly 10%-25% over what they would have brought last year.  Restored rare musclecars will be on the increase (5-10%), but not by much over last year (compaired to previous gains four years ago).  Cobbled together clones and not so documented or rare, ratty factory cars will be taking it in the shorts over the $ invested into them.  That is my best guess about how it will turn out, but then again I never win the prizes on their guessing contests either.....
Ph.D. Metallocene Chemist......