News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Charger Body line

Started by 6pkrtse, January 06, 2010, 12:51:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

6pkrtse

Ever notice on 68-70 Chargers sometimes the center body looks to be noticable & other times you can't even see it there. Is it just different colors that hide it better? I know sometimes poor body work is another reason, but on many real nice examples you can barely see it.
1963 Belvedere 413 Max Wedge
1970 Charger R/T S.E. 440 sixpack.
1970 Challenger R/T Drag Radial 528 Hemi
1970 Charger 500 S.E. 440 4 BBL
1970 Road Runner 383 4 BBL
1974 Chrysler New Yorker 440 4 BBL
1996 Dodge Ram 2500 V-10 488 cu in.
2004 Dodge Ram 3500 CTD Dually 6x6
2012 Challenger R/T Classic

Ghoste

I have noticed that too and yes, I'd  guess that color and lighting have a lot to do with it.

Troy

In my opinion, darker colors tend to hide the body lines. If you are close, the reflections will make them easy to see but lighter colors definitely make them stand out more from a distance. How the body work was done will also make a difference. I think a lot of them get sanded off.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Mike DC

The factory's stamping dies were also probably more worn out as the years passed.  Not sure about Chargers but I know that's true with the later E-bodies. 

Hemidog

Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on January 06, 2010, 01:27:47 PM

The factory's stamping dies were also probably more worn out as the years passed.  Not sure about Chargers but I know that's true with the later E-bodies. 

I read that too, a restored 74 cuda lost points on a concourse contest because the judges thought it was poor bodywork.

Khyron

early year here, mine are front and center :)

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.