News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Greed

Started by dkn1997, December 03, 2005, 06:43:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dkn1997

I have been posting over in the tech garage about chaning my power steering box and some other issues.  What it boiles down to is that i needed the bolt on aluminum piece with the nipple molded into it for the return line on the power steering box.  A very small part that probably gets tossed in the dumpster along with many worn out boxes.  I will admit it's not common to need one.

I also posted at moparts asking where i could get one hoping that somoene had one and would let it go for cost of shipping and a few bucks for the trouble.  One guy pm's me and says he will sell it to me for $35.00.  I feel he was attempting to gouge me for this..  I ended up getting it for free from someone I met on another board who lives local.  He was more than happy to give it up.  it's just the kind of part that nobody would really have use for since it does not appear that it can wear out.  I just needed one because I mixed and matched parts to do the original power steeering swap.

I know people make thier living selling parts, but it's annoying when someone tries to take advantage like that for such a small insignificant part like this.  Plus the fact that I thought these boards were supposed to be sort of community oriented where we all have a common interest and we help each other out where we can. This guy was just trolling for suckers to rip off.
RECHRGED

BigBlackDodge

::)

It takes all kinds to make the world I guess.

Let me know if your deal falls through...................I have a junk '74 b-body that still has that part on it...............for only 34.99!!!!!!

j/k......pay for shipping and it's yours. ;D

BBD

dkn1997

I picked one up for nothig from rumblefish 360.  I know him a bit from years ago when I used to live over at moparchat.  He lives local and I never met him until today.  all he wanted was to BS for a few minutes about mopars!!!  I asked him 3x if he wanted anything for it.  He would not take money. 
RECHRGED

hemihead

Welcome to when a love of Mopars ( like it used to be) gets swallowed up by the Yuppie greed machine.  :icon_smile_sad:
Lots of people talkin' , few of them know
Soul of a woman was created below
  Led Zeppelin

Shakey

Sometimes spares are purchased to fund other aspects of the project.