News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Classic Auto Air.

Started by Aussiemadonmopars, January 01, 2010, 10:16:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aussiemadonmopars

Just started putting together a classic auto air system for the Charger and it looks like they've given me the wrong evaporator unit. I'm in Perth Australia, literally the other side of the world so sending something back is going to be bad. So I wanna check to make sure if it is the wrong one. If there are any other guys on here that maybe have photo's of the installation that would be helpfull thanks. I've checked the instructions and they are slightly different to the unit that I have and the evaporator and the distribution housing that screw together don't line up either. Photo's attached...

b5blue

They are just across the bay from me if I can help you let me know. I'm not clear what your saying is wrong though?  :scratchchin:

Aussiemadonmopars

The 2 housings that screw together don't line up as per photo and the bracket that gets screwed to the dash is different than whats in the install manual. Makes me think they supplied the wrong unit??

b5blue

I see now, it looks nothing like what I removed from my 70 or the "universal" one I got from them. (total custom pick on my part)   :scratchchin:

Aussiemadonmopars

This is was what was in the manual...

b5blue

It looks like they have a plastic plate blocking off the pass side fresh air duct, then your motor/blower stuck up there with the bracket bent over...sort of... :eek2:...is your car a heater only? Mine had air but I didn't want to restore that big mess of tubes, wires, hoses and such back in 96.

Aussiemadonmopars

Yeah, it's a heater only car. I just have to wait for them to get back to me.  :eyes:

b5blue

Mine had the big hole in the firewall for the blower motor.

charger Downunder

Before you buy any parts overseas because of the return postage expenses ask them to double check what they are sending. And have them agree if they send out the wrong part that they are to pay all postage expenses that are involved in retuning it and resending the correct part. If they don't agree don't deal with them because they are incompetent.
[/quote]

Aussiemadonmopars

Quote from: charger Downunder on January 03, 2010, 12:00:48 AM
Before you buy any parts overseas because of the return postage expenses ask them to double check what they are sending. And have them agree if they send out the wrong part that they are to pay all postage expenses that are involved in retuning it and resending the correct part. If they don't agree don't deal with them because they are incompetent.

Yeah, I know but if I had to do that every time I wouldn't be able to deal with anyone.  :eyes: This was a reputable company who many of the forum members have dealt with.

bill440rt

Hi,
I installed their system in my '69 Charger, a heater only car.
I had a similar situation. It's been a while, but if I remember correctly the holes didn't line up that great in my heater box, although not as bad as in your picture.
Where it bolts to the cowl, I had the flat bracket but bent it to match that picture in their instructions.

By all means, contact them to confirm. But mine was very similar to yours.
:Twocents:
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

Aussiemadonmopars

Cool, thanks for the info Bill.  :2thumbs: