News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

choke adjustment on Edelbrok comp. AFB

Started by hemi68charger, December 30, 2009, 08:51:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hemi68charger

Hey Gang..
Is the choke adjustment on the Edelbrok Competition series carb like any other AFB with the exception of finding a power source for the choke pull-off coil? Also, which source should I put to energize the "+" side of the coil? Would the "+" side of the coil be fine?

Adjustment is nothing more than twisting the black bakeolite cover until the choke butterfly gets to a desired position?

Troy
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

hemi68charger

Got it.. figured it out with some help over at moparts and some obvious wiring for the electronic choke.. Works like a charm.....
Troy
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)

charger500440

Troy, how do you like that carb on there? I've been having trouble with cold starts on my 383 SE and have contemplated switching to a "new" Carter. Was this on the car when you got it or did you just install it? I'm in CT, so my cold is a little colder than your TX cold. Thanks...

Mike
1969 SE  383 Automatic
1969 500 440 Automatic

hemi68charger

Quote from: charger500440 on December 31, 2009, 11:17:26 AM
Troy, how do you like that carb on there? I've been having trouble with cold starts on my 383 SE and have contemplated switching to a "new" Carter. Was this on the car when you got it or did you just install it? I'm in CT, so my cold is a little colder than your TX cold. Thanks...

Mike

This carb was on the car when I got it... It didn't have the electric choke hooked up though. I did it when I put it back on last week. It is a good carb. If I was to buy something new though, I would get the new AVS version of the Edelbrock. THUNDER SERIES AVSĀ® CARBURETOR series...
http://www.edelbrock.com/automotive_new/mc/carbs_acc/carbs_access_main.shtml

I do have an original 4618S. I rebuilt it, but it has too much debris from sitting too long with grud in it. It didn't work all that great. So, back on the PERFORMER SERIESĀ® CARBURETOR went. Again, I hooked up the choke electrically and so far so good.

440 startin' up cold - video

Troy
Troy