News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Newbies..Resizing/renaming suggestions .. And ..Please add your tips..

Started by OneofNoneRT, January 02, 2010, 08:48:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

OneofNoneRT

This has probably been here before but here it is again..
Seems Like there is alot having trouble resizing photos to fit. here is a link to a program that works welll and is pretty easy. You can Batch resize and rename, so there is no duplicate names..

http://www.faststone.org/FSViewerDownload.htm

Another good way is to set up an Photobucket account, upload your pics then copy/paste the link in your post and it will show in the post no resizing neccessary,  Just copy and paste the image code into your post. IDK but this maybe the preffered way to show pics as it does not put a load on the site server. But if it has been there for a long time the image will disappear. Thats why you see old posts with the photobucket pic not available.  Here is both ways, to show the differences..

Photobucket

Another thing if you do see the error ( file to large or already named ) be sure to copy your post then back out and paste your copy on a new post. That will keep you from retyping everything.. Good luck all.. :cheers:
1968 R/T 440/4 Spd (Prototype Factory Sunroof)
2008 R/T 5.7l HEMI (Road & Track)

Aussiemadonmopars

I just use MS Paint and reduce the image 50% on each plane, sometimes have to do it twice to get it down reasonable. Most basic windows based systems will have this simple software.

Just go to the start menu:
go to "All Programs"
go to "Accessories"
go to "Paint" or "MS Paint", whichever you have
In the paint program go to "File"
then "open" or hit Ctrl O and open the file to be re-sized
When you open the file you will notice it opens up a huge big A2 size sheet
go to "Image"
go to "Stretch/skew" or hit Ctrl W
in the fields under the stretch title you will notice they are populated with the 100% figure,
change these fields to 50% and select "OK"
this should actually shrink the image by 50% thus re-sizing it

Now as I said, you may have to do this twice depending on the size of the file.

Now once you have re-sized the file you are ready to save it.
go to "file"
go to "save as"
now usually what I do here is I create a new folder in the selection menu and I put a sub-folder in the folder of     
    where the original photo's are and name it "re-sized images" or something to that effect
select the new folder you have just created and hit the save icon.
once saved then you can exit out of the paint program and go into explorer to check the size of the file you have
     just created

Very simple system to use and there are probably other ways to do it but this does it for me.

Landonsrt

I also use paint. 50-60% the first time. then cut it by 90 to get close.

Good grief.... I just scrolled down the new unread  posts.... I see why you posted this thread.