News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Google Chrome??

Started by jb666, January 01, 2010, 08:09:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jb666

Who's using this as their browser??

If you're not............ DO IT....... It's a kickass browser and is 100X faster than Firefox.

I've been using it for about a week now and will NEVER go back. It hasn't crashed once, loads pages very quickly and has some really nice features.

http://www.google.com/chrome

FLG

FLG

So far so good, i like it.

dkn1997

it really flies...but I can't find the headings like file, view, tools, etc... that are at the top of every other browser?  what am I missing? 
RECHRGED

jb666

Quote from: dkn1997 on January 01, 2010, 08:48:46 PM
it really flies...but I can't find the headings like file, view, tools, etc... that are at the top of every other browser?  what am I missing? 

Top right, you have two drop down boxes.. I believe what you are looking for is in there?

elacruze

I use it at home, Afghanistan 3G network doesn't much like Google, and Chrome is very buggy over here.
Chrome pays off best when you have dial-up or a slow DSL line.
1968 505" EFI 4-speed
1968 D200 Camper Special, 318/2bbl/4spd/4.10
---
Torque converters are for construction equipment.

Troy

It's been a while since I tried it but I remember having too many issues and switched back to Firefox. Maybe I'll download the latest and give it another spin.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Todd Wilson

Got the wife a new laptop for christmas with Windows 7.   Impressed with it so far. So fed up with my tired 10 year old system running ME I ordered a new system yesterday! My poor Sony 21 inch trinitron has lines thru it and the brightness is stuck at full bright and it flickers for 5 minutes when you fire it up after its been off a while. Almost puts you into a seizure it flickers so bad! HAHA!  Trying to get all my files moved off this system.

Todd

1970Moparmann

Just tried it, based on the comments about the fast speed-not impressed.  Not sure what happened, but Mozilla is 10x faster for me.  It was painfully slow for me.  :cheers:
My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

jb666

Weird... Firefox used to be good, for me... And in the past couple of months seems to have really slowed down...

Google Chrome is really moving along, for me... I'm still in the "testing" stages, so keep the opinions coming  :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

ChargerDuane

tried ie7, firefox, chrome and opera.  liked chrome and opera best but ended up using opera.  speed difference wasn't much of a factor choosing between the 2.  I just like the feel of opera better.
Make it so!

dodgecharger-fan

The underlying design of Google Chrome makes a TON of sense.
This comic gives just enough detail: http://www.google.com/googlebooks/chrome/index.html

I've had Chrome installed since very early after it was released, but I haven't really gotten in to the groove of using it.
FireFox has been my browser of choice for a long time. Although, I have had troubles with javascript recently. It will stop working until I delete the cache and reload the page.

I'm researching to see if Chrome protects against the things that a plug-in like No-Script addresses. If Chrome covers that, then I'll give it a more thorough test.

Just 6T9 CHGR

I've been using FireFox for a few years as well....lately my problem is the fact that I cant save pics off eBay anymore....I have to open IE & view the page in there to same the pics  :rotz:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

FLG

Quote from: Just 6T9 CHGR on January 03, 2010, 09:48:29 AM
I've been using FireFox for a few years as well....lately my problem is the fact that I cant save pics off eBay anymore....I have to open IE & view the page in there to same the pics  :rotz:

Try using IETab for FF. Little button on bottom corner, when you want to view something in IE just click it and it will reload the page as if you were using IE.

TylerCharger69

Wow!!!   This is a kick-ass browser!!!  Mozilla can take a hike now....much, much faster!!!   Thanks again jb!!!

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: FLG on January 03, 2010, 05:34:24 PM
Quote from: Just 6T9 CHGR on January 03, 2010, 09:48:29 AM

Try using IETab for FF. Little button on bottom corner, when you want to view something in IE just click it and it will reload the page as if you were using IE.

Found this "experimental" add-on that works pretty good.....

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/13972#reviews
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Dans 68

Quote from: Just 6T9 CHGR on January 04, 2010, 09:17:01 AM
...Found this "experimental" add-on that works pretty good.....

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/13972#reviews

Thanks, Chris. I've been looking for a way to grab those pics.  :2thumbs:

Dan
1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259

Hemidog

I really like Firefox, but I'll give it a try..

miller

I am using it now, but how do you go back more than one page at a time (firefox lets you select from a list of previous pages).

2005 Harley Davidson 1200 Sportster Custom - Maggie
2012 370Z NISMO - Courtney
1979 Corvette L-82 - Lilly
1969 Dodge Charger R/T Clone - Vanessa

lisiecki1

Quote from: miller on January 06, 2010, 01:12:09 PM
I am using it now, but how do you go back more than one page at a time (firefox lets you select from a list of previous pages).

you shouldn't need to......

stop living in the past  :nana:
Remember the average response time to a 911 call is over 4 minutes.

The average response time of a 357 magnum is 1400 FPS.

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,52527.0.html

Brock Samson

im not sure if it's bugs or nor but all the pages are linked so if you delete one page they all go away..
also pasting links requires more steps and has to be done by pasteing first and then bracketing the imgs after and,.. the codes dissapear so if you make a mistake your unable to view and correct your mistake...

miller

Quote from: Brock Samson on January 08, 2010, 05:17:50 PM
im not sure if it's bugs or nor but all the pages are linked so if you delete one page they all go away..
also pasting links requires more steps and has to be done by pasteing first and then bracketing the imgs after and,.. the codes dissapear so if you make a mistake your unable to view and correct your mistake...

As far as deleting one at a time, in each tab there is an x and if you click that x only that tab is deleted. You may be talking about something else, but hopefully that helps.

2005 Harley Davidson 1200 Sportster Custom - Maggie
2012 370Z NISMO - Courtney
1979 Corvette L-82 - Lilly
1969 Dodge Charger R/T Clone - Vanessa

elacruze

Tried to use the 'buy it now' button on ebay, paypal link was FAIL on Google Chrome. IE6 and Firefox worked fine.
1968 505" EFI 4-speed
1968 D200 Camper Special, 318/2bbl/4spd/4.10
---
Torque converters are for construction equipment.

mikepmcs

Been using google chrome for some time now.  Nothing else matters anymore.  Google Chrome people get on board.  Now this google wave crap is another story, absolutely no use for it as far as I can see.
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?