News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Opinions on auto transportation companies wanted

Started by 66FBCharger, December 30, 2009, 09:47:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

66FBCharger

I need to transport a '69 Charger R/T S.E. rolling shell (no engine or trans.) from South Milwaukee, Wi. to Ct. I got various quotes online. what I am most concerned about is the jobs these companies do and their honesty.
I would like to know if anyone has had experience with any of the companies I will list at the end of this post. I would like to hear both good and bad experiences.
These are the companies that having given me quotes:
Honesty First Auto transport
AA Automovers
Able Auto transport
Fox Auto Transport
American Auto Relocation
Bluestar Auto movers
Aaall States auto transport
'69 Charger R/T 440 4 speed T5, '70 Road Runner 440+6 4 speed, '73 'Cuda 340 4 speed, '66 Charger 383 Auto
SOLD!:'69 Charger R/T S.E. 440 4 speed 3.54 Dana rolling body

68charger383

Haven't heard of any of these.

You might want to place an ad on this site for additional quotes.

http://www.uship.com/
1968 Charger 383(Sold)
2003 Dodge Viper SRT-10

Slantback_66

What I did was call a local towing company to see if they'd do a transport and how much they'd charge and much to my surprise it came out a couple hundread cheaper and way faster than any of the transport companies I contacted. The best part was I had the flatbed all to myself, and didn't have to worry about the constant loading and unloading of my car or other vehicles around it.

John
1966 Dodge Charger 440

BrianShaughnessy

I had Sinnamon brought out to NY from MI via moparts member Doc Schwarz  ( schwarzdoc@yahoo.com ).  He's out of MI.  
 I posted on the transport forum on moparts and got several replies.   Doc beat them all
and the car was delivered within a week.
 28' enclosed pulled by a dodge turbo diesel.

It was suggested to me to try uship.com but I found it so annoying and overpriced I cancelled my account within hours.

You just might want to try posting on the moparts section also.  There's several guys that seem to do that full time.  
http://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/postlist.php?Cat=0&Board=transport&PHPSESSID=
Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

maxwellwedge

As weird as their name is I have used these guys (and so do the most picky and anal resto guys) a couple of times and they know what they are doing. http://www.hillbillyautotransport.com/

bill440rt

Have you contacted Horseless Carriage? They're based out of Paterson, NJ. I've used them before, so have other people I know.
Very good to deal with, they specialize in collector cars.
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

66FBCharger

Quote from: BrianShaughnessy on December 31, 2009, 08:48:32 AM
 I had Sinnamon brought out to NY from MI via moparts member Doc Schwarz  ( schwarzdoc@yahoo.com ).  He's out of MI.  
 I posted on the transport forum on moparts and got several replies.   Doc beat them all
and the car was delivered within a week.
 28' enclosed pulled by a dodge turbo diesel.

It was suggested to me to try uship.com but I found it so annoying and overpriced I cancelled my account within hours.

You just might want to try posting on the moparts section also.  There's several guys that seem to do that full time.  
http://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/postlist.php?Cat=0&Board=transport&PHPSESSID=
I posted on the Moparts board at the beginning of Dec. I didn't get very many replies.
I am going to email Doc Schwarz to see if he can move the car for me.
Thanks for the info!
'69 Charger R/T 440 4 speed T5, '70 Road Runner 440+6 4 speed, '73 'Cuda 340 4 speed, '66 Charger 383 Auto

66FBCharger

Quote from: maxwellwedge on December 31, 2009, 09:24:59 AM
As weird as their name is I have used these guys (and so do the most picky and anal resto guys) a couple of times and they know what they are doing. http://www.hillbillyautotransport.com/
Quote from: bill440rt on December 31, 2009, 10:35:46 AM
Have you contacted Horseless Carriage? They're based out of Paterson, NJ. I've used them before, so have other people I know.
Very good to deal with, they specialize in collector cars.
Thanks for the tips. I will check these places out!

poppa

I live in Milwaukee....your suppose to be shipping Chargers here not away.
God must love stupid people....he made a sh**load of 'em....

Matco tools...guaranteed for a lifetime. Just not a human lifetime.

66FBCharger

Quote from: poppa on January 05, 2010, 07:35:43 PM
I live in Milwaukee....your suppose to be shipping Chargers here not away.
I have a '66 I can ship you. What's your address?LOL

poppa

I'll send you the 66-67 storage facility address. :rofl: ;D
God must love stupid people....he made a sh**load of 'em....

Matco tools...guaranteed for a lifetime. Just not a human lifetime.

66FBCharger

rustafarian

C.A. Auto Transport out of Oklahoma.  Used his service 100's of times, no problems.  Good guy,  good rates: 405-708-1373
Beyond the Palace hemi-powered drones scream down the boulevard