News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

2010 Yellow Challenger

Started by Landonsrt, December 30, 2009, 05:49:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Landonsrt

This was taken at the Dodge dealer that I work at now. Since I finally got a job. This is the first one I have seen.

Grim Jhaixus

Ill bet it was GM that kept that from being a launch color.
"Scars" 1973 Base 318/904 Originally B5

Married on November 23rd, 2009
Fried all the electricals two weeks after purchase
Set on fire ~twice~
Overheated til it would diesel a full five minutes ~twice~

Never once didn't start, never stranded me, never once did not take me where I needed to go. Daily driver of 4+ years.

Currently undergoing 413/727 swap after I finally beat the 318 til it lost a headgasket. The kicker is the 318 still cranks and runs like nothing is wrong. I love my ca

RD

67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

Grim Jhaixus

I'm just saying, GM has been spending ALOT to make sure that their cars are the only cars used in movies. Anyone see Fast N Furious (the new one) or the opening race of Tokyo Drift or either Transformers movie? With exception to the new Death Race and Gran Torino I've been seeing too much of GM at the theaters, and look at this yellow Challenger! It looks fantastic in Bumblebee's exact shade, not to mention that a "Bee" anything would've made a at least some sense for a Chrysler product.

Also, wasn't a shade similar to this available factory from at least '72?

Set on fire ~twice~

Never once didn't start, never stranded me, never once did not take me where I needed to go. Daily driver of 4+ years.

Currently undergoing 413/727 swap after I finally beat the 318 til it lost a headgasket. The kicker is the 318 still cranks and runs like nothing is wrong. I love my ca

Ghoste

You're right but I suppose it's better GM than a Honda.  :shruggy:  Besides, if they are only going to show a Charger on film as an excuse to wreck it than I'd rather not see them used in Hollywood.

Sweet T

I've been seeing those yellow Challengers by the truck full driving down the 401 and at the nearby truck refill station lately.  It must be an anticipated hot colour or they were only painting yellow this week.
No, it ain't a Hemi.....thank God!

Skinypete

I don't want to steal this thread, but I have a question that ties to the Dodge seeking your input thread.

Since you work in a dealership now, and a lot of people were bitching about the mark up by dealers.  How much is the mark up at your dealership?
DJMIII

kab69440

I'd still take mine in basic black, thank you. Man, I have got to hit the lotto before these things disappear!
Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not;  a sense of humor to console him for what he is.      Francis Bacon

WANT TO BUY:
Looking for a CD by  'The Sub-Mersians'  entitled "Raw Love Songs From My Garage To Your Bedroom"

Also, any of the various surf-revival compilation albums this band has contributed to.
Thank you,    Kenny

Jesus drove a Honda. He wasn't proud of it, though...
John 12: 49     "...for I did not speak of my own Accord."

Landonsrt

I'm not sure what the markup is but I will check for you tomorrow. I was dealing with a salesman today on a new ram. $12k off the 09's.  Ill let you know. The disapointing prt of that car to me, its an automatic........

General_01

I wish I had the money to park that thing next to the Bee in the garage. :drool5:
1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee
496 stroker
4-speed

rt green

third string oil changer

Landonsrt

Snow?? Whats snow? You mean that white stuff that comes around here once every 4-5 years and is gone in a few hours??

The last time we had a good snow fall was 16 years ago.

Cooter

The "Dealer Mark up" will prolly be determined by how many idiots come by and offer to plunk down $50K for that thing, just so they can be the first on the block with a Yellow one...
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

68charger383

Quote from: Grim Jhaixus on December 30, 2009, 06:46:46 PM
I'm just saying, GM has been spending ALOT to make sure that their cars are the only cars used in movies. Anyone see Fast N Furious (the new one) or the opening race of Tokyo Drift or either Transformers movie? With exception to the new Death Race and Gran Torino I've been seeing too much of GM at the theaters, and look at this yellow Challenger! It looks fantastic in Bumblebee's exact shade, not to mention that a "Bee" anything would've made a at least some sense for a Chrysler product.

Also, wasn't a shade similar to this available factory from at least '72?

I don't know about F&F. In Drift, the old monte carlo races a viper, the main guy races in a mustang and at the end the big scene is Vin Diesel in the GTX.

Looks good in yellow. Still cant believe these cars are not $10K below invoice yet!
1968 Charger 383(Sold)
2003 Dodge Viper SRT-10

Landonsrt

Heres a R/T Classic that just came in today. I think this one looks better!

SeattleCharger

some metallic colors would be cool, or high gloss,  don't care much for the flat looking colors, 

Why would you want anything else?  Just give me a Charger and I'll be happy.

Manfred318

I really like the yellow. Especially the R/T Classic. Ive not seen any of them around here. The only ones the dealer has here are dark grey and black. There was talk of a blue one but nothing so far.

Current MoPars:
1968 Charger. 318 Out of commission:(
1975 Dart Swinger. 225 Pops daily ride.
1990 Dodge Ram. 360FI My daily ride.
2007 Magnum R/T. 5.7 Family wagon.

moparsons

i'll take one in plum crazy please.   :yesnod: :2thumbs:

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

NYCMille

Man... that's just a whole bunch a' Yellow!

Landonsrt

Quote from: Manfred318 on December 31, 2009, 03:37:37 PM
I really like the yellow. Especially the R/T Classic. Ive not seen any of them around here. The only ones the dealer has here are dark grey and black. There was talk of a blue one but nothing so far.

We have a few in blue. There's an R/T classic in the showroom that is blue. This dealer specializes in the Speedfactory Chargers and Challengers. They had a Comparison in Motortrend I think recently with one of the Challengers from here.

Landonsrt

Here ya go. Only on the Service drive. Im an Advisor so not much time for driving them around or on the streets. We have too many porters for me to take advantage of one.

Ghoste

That is one fine looking pair isn't it?

Silver R/T

That bumper cover is one whole piece huh. Kind of like 70 Charger.
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Cooter

" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

Manfred318

Quote from: Landonsrt on December 31, 2009, 06:21:48 PM

Here ya go. Only on the Service drive. Im an Advisor so not much time for driving them around or on the streets. We have too many porters for me to take advantage of one.
Ahhh yes. Thats indeed what Willis was talkin 'bout.  :drool5:

Current MoPars:
1968 Charger. 318 Out of commission:(
1975 Dart Swinger. 225 Pops daily ride.
1990 Dodge Ram. 360FI My daily ride.
2007 Magnum R/T. 5.7 Family wagon.

greenpigs

Was the color Top Bannana back in 71?
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

Grim Jhaixus

Yeah, Top Banana... It was a little paler though I think.

Cooter- Thanks for completely ruining the any possible desire for a mickey-mouse Challenger. I'll have dig up a real one somewhere instead.

Set on fire ~twice~

Landonsrt

The blue one blocked out the red speedfactory Challenger behind it that has special edition appearance package and 600hp.

SeattleCharger

Quote from: Landonsrt on December 31, 2009, 06:21:48 PM

ya, I like that blue a lot,   really nice, cool wheels   :2thumbs:   :2thumbs:

mally69

whats with the driver side mirror in the second yellow pic

Landonsrt

Thats what they look like when the mirrors are folded in.

Akron_Charger

I really like the yellow, theres a classic R/T at Fred Martin down the street from me. Nice car :2thumbs: Im probably going to go yellow with my Charger too. Guess I like being a banana :icon_smile_wink:

BB1

That is one color I would never buy on a car.  :Twocents:  :puke:
Delete my profile

bull

I like that blue above. Our local dealer got one of those in the other day and it'll probably be sitting there for months due to that rediculous markup they have on these things. :rotz: Chrysler could have sold a lot more Challengers if their prices were in line with the Mustang/Camaro.

SeattleCharger

other colors, mods, wheel combos, (customs)

SeattleCharger

SeattleCharger

Go Hogs Go

I really like the r/t stripes on both colors. The SRT looks naked without them IMO. I'd drive both of em'. :drive:
Go Hogs!

Landonsrt

I agree. The cowl stripe is there but the side is naked. Need to bust up that yellow.

TheGhost

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

Foreman72

i love this thread  :drool5: ...so right now...i'd like one in red with the classic swoosh r/t stripe...
Eric "Foreman"

Previous: 1972 Dodge Charger
Current: 2002 Volvo S60

"The steps of a man are ordered by the LORD, and He delights in his way. Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down; For the LORD upholds him with His hand.
=Psalm 37:23-24=
"But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven..."
=Matthew 6:19-21=
:pat

Landonsrt

Ill check to see if they have one when the showroom opens.

DodgeChargerNeeded

That R/T Classic with those odd looking flat wheels looks weird, I like the 09 Chrome R/T 20's
Jeff

Landonsrt

They are not that flat. They look like a ripped off version of the cragar, american racing torque thrust wheels.