News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

End of the decade- dodgecharger.com moments

Started by 69bronzeT5, December 30, 2009, 11:40:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ponch ®

Quote from: NHCharger on December 31, 2009, 04:47:52 PM
Some of the members posting personal health problems and/or medical procedures that left me feeling ill just reading about it.

lol...that's what moparts is for.

QuoteThe disappearance of some members, Crycho, chargerbill, cudaken, vainglory

Don't know about the first three (though I do hope they're doing well) but I hear Vainglory is ballin' nowadays.
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

Brock Samson

:scratchchin: runninhorn wanting,.. no, offering to buy (and owning) every car on the internets,.. finding out the modtop daytona was real... where is musteang hater?..
And on top of all would be franks turning the scow into what she is today,.. took like 9 mos and he only worked on it like 4...
great stuff.

Nacho-RT74

mustanghater is around Moparts

TK73 has posted here quite often.

Vainglory posted on the missed members thread not too much time ago

Chryco is still at CC.com board and I think he post once in a while around here.
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

Ghoste

Chryco rarely posts anymore but he is a somewhat regular lurker.

NYCMille

Can't really think of one specific moment. I do find it amazing though that after 6 years now on this site it just never, ever gets old. It's my homepage, it's the first place I go every morning without fail and the amount of knowledge, advice, laughter and friendships that I have made are over the years are just staggering. I'm actually really looking forward to seeing what 2010 brings for DC.com and it's members...

I have to say that this one though in particular is freakin' awesome...
Quote3.  Cody's transformation from kid to adult.  This is a big one.  It's like he grew up right in front of us old bastards

Happy New Years everyone - enjoy the everything 2010 brings to you and your families.  :2thumbs: :cheers: :icon_smile_big:

jb666

I don't know.. but 2009 felt like it was 10 years long... I'm just glad it's over!!

BIRD67

The thread I started about the 666 and whatnot.. Any thread that Cody and I participated in was...interesting (I'll leave it at that lol)
I will not make any deals with you. I've resigned. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own. I resign. -Number 6, The Prisoner

R.I.P. Matthew Fraser 4/30/10

71ChallengeHer

For me it's all the great friends I've made on DC. :cheers: Meeting so many of them at Carlisle.  :2thumbs:  HemiDoug taking Shelby for her 1st ride in a Hemi car. Mike talking to Shelby about Bullrun , just taking the time for a lot of questions. Thanks, Mike  :icon_smile_big: Going to Vegas and hanging out with the awesome Mr and Mrs Skips68 and VegasMike.  :cheers:  And the Daytona fire did suck. But I'm trying to look at the good things. Here's to a great 2010.  :cheers:

squeakfinder

The "I blank the Dukes" thread.  And its still not locked. :scratchchin:
Still looking for 15x7 Appliance slotted mags.....

General_01

A few that stand out for me are:

1. Chargerbill railing against anything not along the party line(you all know his party  ;))

2. Paul's (Pockethunder) restoration thread on his red '68.

3. Firefighter and Troy setting up the proven combo's section.

4. Meeting and making friends through the board. Meeting quite a few at the Dodge Charger Registry meet in Jefferson City was great. I also have made friends with quite a few Charger guys in town that I met through the board.

5. Following Mike through Bullrun.

6. Following the rebuild of Jb666's GL and seeing him persevere.

7. Following Pockethunder on all of his building projects (First garage, second story addition, wood floor installation, second garage, fish house, etc.) Never fails to make me feel like I don't do enough around my house. :icon_smile_big:

Those are a few of the many things I remember from this site. I come here every day to get my fix and to see what is going on with everyone. Thanks to every member for making this a great place.  :cheers:

1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee
496 stroker
4-speed

dart3404

I think the most memorable moment for me was when the old site went down  :shruggy: and we all scattered to other sites, till Troy put up the new home. I think we were all a little lost there for a while. Thanks Troy!!!  :cheers:

Reading some of the other post in this thread, I can see a lot of stuff I missed the past couple of years.  :rotz:

Oh and we can't forget about all of the your spelling sucks threads.

Happy New Year to all.  :popcrn:

Nacho-RT74

Quote from: dart3404 on January 02, 2010, 05:32:49 AM
I think the most memorable moment for me was when the old site went down  :shruggy: and we all scattered to other sites, till Troy put up the new home. I think we were all a little lost there for a while. Thanks Troy!!!  :cheers:

and the Stratocharger nickname changes just right on that moment ( some others too :D... Mojo... )

another memorable moments:
-the wannabe board's charger
-Drache's old conduct and the new refreshed conduct when signed up back giving apologizes

I'm sure there are lot more, but those come in to mi mind just right now ( there are some other personal situations that I don't want to mention, if somebody else does, won't be a problem )
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html

NHCharger

Almost forgot. Nacho's South American car show threads with all those HOT woman.
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone
79 Lil Red Express - future money pit
88 Ramcharger 4x4- current money pit
55 Dodge Royal 2 door - wife's money pit
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

Foreman72

i haven't been here too long so i don't have too many stories...but the post your 3rd gen pics thread was very influential for me...when i got my charger, that thread was what kept me interested in restoring mine...still does...

also, the 23+ page soap opera thread with 500hp440 was pretty memorable
DS's photoshop job for the 426hemicharger kid...that was hilarious...

all in all, i have gained so much valuable info from this site...hope to gain more! :2thumbs:
Eric "Foreman"

Previous: 1972 Dodge Charger
Current: 2002 Volvo S60

"The steps of a man are ordered by the LORD, and He delights in his way. Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down; For the LORD upholds him with His hand.
=Psalm 37:23-24=
"But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven..."
=Matthew 6:19-21=
:pat

General_01

Quote from: Foreman72 on January 02, 2010, 12:03:41 PM

Gotta get me some of those awesome dog dish hubcaps!!! LOL  That was hilarious!!!!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
496 stroker
4-speed

PocketThunder

Quote from: General_01 on January 02, 2010, 12:34:00 PM

Gotta get me some of those awesome dog dish hubcaps!!! LOL  That was hilarious!!!!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Where is that picture i cant find it?
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

mikesbbody

Anyone remember Chargerman68? he sold a new member here on DC a am radio advertised as a am/fm he ended up leaving as a result (along with his Wife). I have never seen Tufcat get so pissed  :lol: he really stood up for the dude who got shafted who I don't think posts here anymore.

squeakfinder

Quote from: mikesbbody on January 02, 2010, 02:51:33 PM
Anyone remember Chargerman68? he sold a new member here on DC a am radio advertised as a am/fm he ended up leaving as a result (along with his Wife). I have never seen Tufcat get so pissed  :lol: he really stood up for the dude who got shafted who I don't think posts here anymore.

That thread should be sticky-ed as a warning to anybody planning to screw other members. :yesnod:
Still looking for 15x7 Appliance slotted mags.....

A383Wing

Technically, this year we are in now is the end of the decade, not 2009.

I'm only going to say this ONCE. Step one, count to ten.  Did you start at "one" and end at "ten?"  What was the last number in that series?  TEN.  The NEXT series (decade) of numbers starts at ELEVEN.  2010 is the LAST year of the first decade of the new millennium.

Don't worry, 99% of the idiots on this planet celebrated 2000 as the first year of the new millennium.  Arthur Clarke didn't name the book "2001" by accident.  Remember, you do NOT start counting at "zero."

Rant over.
  :D

mikesbbody

That thread should be sticky-ed as a warning to anybody planning to screw other members. :yesnod:

I agree 100% with you there  :yesnod: great to see other's standing up for the guy who got ripped off  :2thumbs:

Troy

Quote from: A383Wing on January 02, 2010, 05:27:24 PM
Technically, this year we are in now is the end of the decade, not 2009.

I'm only going to say this ONCE. Step one, count to ten.  Did you start at "one" and end at "ten?"  What was the last number in that series?  TEN.  The NEXT series (decade) of numbers starts at ELEVEN.  2010 is the LAST year of the first decade of the new millennium.

Don't worry, 99% of the idiots on this planet celebrated 2000 as the first year of the new millennium.  Arthur Clarke didn't name the book "2001" by accident.  Remember, you do NOT start counting at "zero."

Rant over.
  :D

I'd disagree. How do you count birthdays? You are considered 1 year old at the end of your first year so you'd be a decade old on your 10th birthday, a century old on your 100th birthday, and a millennium old on your 1,000th birthday. Up until your first birthday (during year 0) your life is measured in days, weeks, and months. After your birthday you are 1 year and some number of days old until your 2nd birthday - the end of your second full year since birth. Our calendar is based on a birth remember?

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

General_01

Quote from: PocketThunder on January 02, 2010, 12:48:01 PM
Quote from: General_01 on January 02, 2010, 12:34:00 PM

Where is that picture i cant find it?

Here ya go.  :rofl:
496 stroker
4-speed

bordin34

My favorite moments would be Carlisle and all the great people I met there.

1973 SE Brougham Black 4̶0̶0̶  440 Auto.
1967 Coronet Black 440 Auto
1974 SE Brougham Blue 318 Auto- Sold to a guy in Croatia
1974 Valiant Green 318 Auto - Sold to a guy in Louisiana
Mahwah,NJ

Nacho-RT74

I was to post about that what A383wing posted, but didn't want to discuse that.

we didn't got a year 0, just a 0 starting point and from there the first 365 days called year 1 ( year one of the Christ birth ). We call the year BEFORE ends

we never sayd YEAR 0 after of before Christ... you say year one after or before Christ

whe are now still at first decade, because the year 10 IS GOING from now. We are on 2009 and 3 days from the point 0, 3 days runing from the 10th year what completes the decade.

we are at the Jan 3 of the 2010 RUNNING, not ended, so we have 2009 years and 3 days COMPLETED from Christ birth. Decade hasn't finished

when talking about the age ( what is not the year ) is diff because you talk about the COMPLETE years you are old...  if your 40th birthday is lets say on february, on april you still say 40 years old but you have 40 years and 2 months, you still say your complete years you got, not the 41th year of your life running.

something like this

Ponch ®

Quote from: Nacho-RT74 on January 03, 2010, 07:47:59 PM
 if your 40th birthday is lets say on february, on april you still say 40 years old but you have 40 years and 2 months, you still say your complete years you got, not the 41th year of your life running.

actually, you are on the 41st year of your life at that point. It's all in the semantics at that point.

"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West