News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Rear End Bushing/Mount?

Started by TXcharger70, January 21, 2010, 03:11:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TXcharger70

I am new to the forum. I have a 1970 Dodge charger all original w/383 4bbl ,ac, 8 3/4 3:55. I am in the process of restoring it /making it roadworthy.

I have just pulled out the rear end and I putting in new leafs and painting the rear end.

My question is Where can i find and what it is exactly called?
it is the bushing/mount on top of the 3rd member on the differential? its more like a mount

b5blue

Welcome Newbie!  :wave: I think you mean the pinion snubber. A flat (more or less) plate that bolts above the front of the gear housing with a rubber bumper mounted on top. There are 3 kinds I know of stock, a adjustable type that screws up and down and a adjustable that uses a pin to set height. Look at Mancini Racing's online site for photos.  (I have a 70 also)

Just 6T9 CHGR

Welcome to the site :cheers:

You mean the pinion snubber?

http://chucker54.stores.yahoo.net/adpinsnib.html

PS...Neal ya beat me to it by 6 sec while I was copying the URL for the picture :thumbs:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

TXcharger70

Thank for the quick replies. I will look into it to see which one i have.
Oh and how would the adjustment one work is it more or less a bumper from it bottoming out to adjust height?

Just 6T9 CHGR

The snubber helps prevent axle wind up on hard acceleration.....
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

b5blue

For my car I have the one pictured....since I'm at stock height I cut mine down some to get normal clearance then pinned it in place. It stops the pinion from moving up under hard acceleration as the rear springs kind of flex from torque as the car gets pushed forward.  :drive:

TXcharger70

So if i where to put that one on how do you determine the height you want it at. I am installing the MP HD leafsprings so i am guessing ride height will change

b5blue

Mine ended up on the lowest setting that's why I had to cut it down. (I had no stock part to put on with a new bumper)