News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Hi beams

Started by twodko, December 28, 2009, 11:01:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

twodko

I've refinished the headlight cups for my 69 and have the hi beam cups marked separately. My bad, but I neglected to take note of whether the hi beams are the outboard bulbs or inboard? Thanks.

Tom
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

FLG

I think im reading this correct but you want to know where they sit on the car??

High beams are inboard, lows are outboard.

Excuse me if im reading it wrong.

resq302

If I remember correctly, there is indexs molded into the glass part of the bulb and it will allow you only one way to put them in.  This makes it so you can only put the high beams and low beams in a specific location.  High beams go on the inside towards the center of the grille and low beams go towards the fenders.
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

Charger-Bodie

2 prongs (high beam only) go towards the inside,and the 3 prongs (high and low beam) go to the outer most locations.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

maxwellwedge

Most "buckets" I have messed with are stamped Hi and Lo or something to that effect.

b5blue

I was hoping this topic was "different" type high beams.  :eyes:

twodko

This is the info I needed to reassemble the grille sub-frame light buckets correctly. I knew the bulbs registered only one way but couldn't remember which was inboard/outboard. Thanks guys. Neal, I was tempted to include a pix of some fine norcal "artesians" but didn't want to get a PM from Troy about it/them. hahaha.
resq302 I hope you're feeling better and the shift was relatively quiet.

Happy New Year to everyone..............it will get better.

Tom
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

b5blue

resq302

Quote from: twodko on December 29, 2009, 12:57:36 PM
This is the info I needed to reassemble the grille sub-frame light buckets correctly. I knew the bulbs registered only one way but couldn't remember which was inboard/outboard. Thanks guys. Neal, I was tempted to include a pix of some fine norcal "artesians" but didn't want to get a PM from Troy about it/them. hahaha.
resq302 I hope you're feeling better and the shift was relatively quiet.

Happy New Year to everyone..............it will get better.

Tom

Tom,

Thanks for the warm wishes.  I am feeling better from the flu but now my right side jaw is swollen pretty well from an infected lymph node.  When will this year end?   :brickwall:
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto