News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Do you ever let anyone else drive your car?

Started by Ghoste, December 28, 2009, 02:28:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do others drive your classic?

Sure, it's just a car.
5 (6.2%)
No, it's about like asking to sleep with my wife (or husband or whatever).
24 (29.6%)
Sometimes, depends on the person.
52 (64.2%)

Total Members Voted: 81

moparstuart

Quote from: hemigeno on December 28, 2009, 06:34:32 PM
I've let (actually sorta had to insist with some) others drive the Hemicar.  My friends who have as much respect as I do for what these cars are would probably be more cautious than I when driving, so why not?

the hemi taxi
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

moparstuart

quintin has driven the birdible like three times , all on the speedway lol  no LIE     KANSAS SPEEDWAY , MARTINSVILLE VA , AND GATEWAY ST LOUIS

AT MARTINSVILLE IT WAS FULL TILT

miller

When the charger had a 318 in it I let a lot of my friends drive it (it probably had 100 horse, 0-60 in ten seconds). Now it has the 440 its mine and mine alone, well my father drives it from time to time, but it is just too much to lend out anymore.

2005 Harley Davidson 1200 Sportster Custom - Maggie
2012 370Z NISMO - Courtney
1979 Corvette L-82 - Lilly
1969 Dodge Charger R/T Clone - Vanessa

Skinypete

I would let anyone drive my charger at this point, as long as you push it back up the hill to my house when done.  :smilielol:
DJMIII

ChgrSteve67

there is a very short list of people I would let drive any of my cars.

And the people on that list would not ask me unless someone was dying. > ME <

BB1

Delete my profile

Sublime/Sixpack

1970 Sublime R/T, 440 Six Pack, Four speed, Super Track Pak

dstryr

One brother has driven both my RR and my 69 Judge, the other brother only the Judge so far.  I had a friend over to help r&r the 4speed and tossed him the keys when we were done.  He didn't want anything to do with it but another friend will help with a motor swap in the RR this spring and I don't think he'll turn down a chance to drive it afterwards. :2thumbs:  If my friends are good enough to help me work on the car then they're good enough to take it for a spin.  I would worry more about my junk breaking down on them than them having an accident. :lol:
dstryr, since 1986.

Bill of Rights
Must be 18. Void where prohibited. Not available in all states. Some restrictions apply.

Dans 68

Absolutely, but they have to pass muster first. My wife has driven my '68 stick, and my sis-in-law is welcome to drive any of them. She used to own the '73 and drove a '69 Bee through college. She can drive (and has the tickets to prove it).  :rofl:

Dan
1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259

ITSA426

My son would occasionally call me from a car show to tell me he had my four speed hemi car.  My kid brother asks but would take one if I'm not here to say no.  I wouldn't object.  They are just cars.  Our kids and nephews have grown up with them.  My son was driving one of my '66's to high school ten years ago, and now he owns it.  It's not much of a hobby if you can't share it with people.

NYCMille

Abso-freakin-lutely! In my humble opinion every red blooded American male should get a chance to mash the gas on a big block American Muscle Car. Besides, what the joy in ownership if you can't share it with others?  :Twocents:

So yes, I let most everyone drive my car if I like them.  :2thumbs:

moparstuart

Quote from: NYCMille on December 29, 2009, 02:50:24 PM
Abso-freakin-lutely! In my humble opinion every red blooded American male should get a chance to mash the gas on a big block American Muscle Car. Besides, what the joy in ownership if you can't share it with others?  :Twocents:

damn i missed my chance    :smilielol: :smilielol:

dstryr

Only exception to that thought is that not every red blooded American male will know how to act with big hp cars that have 500-600hp or more at their disposal. :o   I'll be much more stingy with offering up the keys when my new motor is in. ;D
dstryr, since 1986.

Bill of Rights
Must be 18. Void where prohibited. Not available in all states. Some restrictions apply.

motorcitydak

Nope, I will be the only one behind the wheel. I almost never let anyone drive my truck either. My mom had to one day and I left her a 2 page note telling her what to do and what to expect, she had to drive it 4 miles...
96 Dakota, custom everything 4x4, 5.7 HEMI
'68 charger project
[OO!!!!!!!!!OO]

Charger RT

I bought my 68 in 85 from my little brother and let it sit until 2000. I got it running and since then my wife is the only one to drive it besides me. She is also the only one since then to get pulled over. No ticket he just wanted to look at it or her.

Now when my brother owned it (80-85) he let our mom and brother drive it as well as me. Mom thought the clutch was to stiff.
Tim

Belgium R/T -68

Besides the wife, only friends who has experience from simular cars. Sometimes it's necessary if you have several cars that has to go to a show.

Per
Charger -68 R/T 500 cui Stroker

elacruze

My girlfriend will drive mine, she declined before the restoration but 'because it's more fun to ride while you drive'.
She'll drive when it's out, because we'll be putting on a lot of miles.
Otherwise, I've tossed the keys to about 3 people in the past, but I don't want to ride while someone else drives-If I trust them enough to drive at all, I trust them to do it without me. I don't want to see any accidents first hand.  :eek2:
1968 505" EFI 4-speed
1968 D200 Camper Special, 318/2bbl/4spd/4.10
---
Torque converters are for construction equipment.

66chargerkid

Come back to Kansas. Please?  :cheers:

General_01

I have let my Dad, brother-in-law, cousin's, Uncle's, nephews and friend's get behind the wheel of my mopars. Heck, Paul(Pocketthunder) has driven both my cars. I am still waiting for my turn with his. :icon_smile_big: Like Lee says, it's no fun if you can't share the experience with family and friends. :2thumbs:
1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee
496 stroker
4-speed

Rolling_Thunder

I only let my best friend Amanda drive my Charger...      :2thumbs:
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

skip68

:-\   It all depends on who it is...   I've let CB drive my car and would let Mike or Dan or a few others because I know they have one and would respect it.   Then again, when Cody comes down for M.A.T.S. he is going to drive the piss out of my car.   I plan on getting some pictures of him smoking my tires.    :icon_smile_big:   I'm sure he will post them.   Far as letting anyone drive the answer is no.   Only the select few.   
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

FLG

Quote from: skip68 on December 31, 2009, 01:27:39 AM
:-\   It all depends on who it is...   I've let CB drive my car and would let Mike or Dan or a few others because I know they have one and would respect it.   Then again, when Cody comes down for M.A.T.S. he is going to drive the piss out of my car.   I plan on getting some pictures of him smoking my tires.    :icon_smile_big:   I'm sure he will post them.   Far as letting anyone drive the answer is no.   Only the select few.   

Ill let you drive the car the Hemi goes in that Jeff gave me  :2thumbs:

flyinlow

The Charger has been a a project with my youngest son. He helped assemble the 440, did most of the grungy work on the on the chassie and wore out a couple of hundred sheets of sandpaper before we painted it. So......

The Charger went to the Senior prom, to High School on his last day and Graduation.  

It survived, so did I.

skip68

Good job dad.    :cheers:     As for Frank,  :rotz:  you suck... :nana:
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

G-man

Anyone that can drive I guess... and those Anyones are my wife/friends and family. Random guy I dont even know "hey can I drive your car?".... erm....  :slap:

I voted "sure its just a car"

If you are capable to drive and I know you cause you are a friend... have a go, no problem.