News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Anyone seen this charger for sale?

Started by af_one, December 28, 2009, 07:23:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

af_one

I was wondering what folks thought about this car--its been a while since I visited this site last.  I sold my charger and went to modern muscle--I think its time to go back to vintage muscle.  I'd like to know everyones opinion on this machine, and what things I may be overlooing.  I'm considering buying it.  anyone notice any issues or anything incorect with it? It says best 72 charger on the planet? Thanks in advance.
Ebay item#280438304688

Rallye

Best of Show has some great cars.  And this 72 Rallye looks very nice.  I don't know about "the best on the planet", but with a few details fixed, it may be.  Here are some things I noticed with a quick look through the pictures:
- missing drip rail moldings
- has 71 rear bumper (no jack slots)
- trunk lid decal installed incorrectly (gap between the pieces is too narrow)
- rear Dodge emblem has orange letters instead of black
- missing exhaust heat stove and pipe that connects to the air-cleaner
- some dash knobs are incorrect (radio and wiper knobs)
- inside door handles are installed on the wrong side (left is on the right and right is on the left, switch them)
These are all fairly minor details, but something to be aware of when making an offer.
Good luck... 72 Rallyes are the best!!!   :2thumbs:   

1972 Charger Rallye - 400magnum

RD

matters on what you define as best.. restored to stock or restored to better than factory specifications.
it is a beautiful car for sure though.

i do not think it is worth 39,900 bux though.  71 R/T 440 Six Pack with 4 speed is worth that much minimum.. a 72 Rallye 440 with a 727... $22 min $28k tops.
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

histoy

They have some very nice cars, but I feel that their prices are $10k to $20k higher than many other classic car dealers.

Just 6T9 CHGR

They have a great camera setup that makes all the cars look spectacular
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Nacho-RT74

WELL another ones:
-No front spolier as option in 72s
-Joystick mirror control at passenger door :shruggy:
-Black fender to firewall reinforcements ( it should  be body color ).
-Center rear seatbelt ?
-Black finish at brake booster ?

other wise is amazing some details like the chromed finsh around gauges, vent outlets and passener side dash insert.

I also think is uprated. Maybe 2 or 3 years ago was more less "good" priced but not now
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

Rallye

Quote from: Nacho-RT74 on December 29, 2009, 11:44:33 AM
-Black fender to firewall reinforcements ( it should  be body color ).

Are you referring to the reinforcement bars that run from the top center of the firewall to the middle of the fenders?  They are black as they should be.  Never seen body colored bars on an original car.  :shruggy:  But who knows what exceptions ma mopar made back in the day.       
1972 Charger Rallye - 400magnum

Nacho-RT74

yes those bars.

Interesting... all what I have seen down here are colored. Just noticed a survivor car and is black, so you are right. Maybe Chrysler of Venezuela just went in another way on this :shruggy:

I preffer it body color though
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

NHCharger

I've looked that over pretty hard. For that money it otta have one of the legendary 440/6pac's that were snuck into a few 72's. As mentioned above if they actually want to sell it, especially this time of year it should be priced in the mid 20's.
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone
79 Lil Red Express - future money pit
88 Ramcharger 4x4- current money pit
55 Dodge Royal 2 door - wife's money pit
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

TeeWJay426

It's a great car, but I gotta agree with Brian... in today's market, it's overpriced by probably 10-15K.
74 Charger SE, 400 HP, 4-speed

af_one

Thanks for the comments and insight fellas.  I made him an offer and he wasnt willing to negotiate further--looks like Im still in the market for a car.  Definately looking for a turn key car to cruise and take to shows.