News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

When do you take your Christmas Tree down??

Started by jb666, December 27, 2009, 01:51:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jb666

I put up a real tree, this year... It's coming down today.. I loved having a real tree again, but the mess  :brickwall:

When do you guys take yours down?

Dans 68

We normally have two Christmas celebrations, so after the 2nd one, of course. ;)  This year it will be after the 2nd of Jan but before the following Tuesday (trash and recycling pick-up). Oh, the pace of modern living.... ;D

Dan
1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259

A383Wing

Ours stays up year 'round.........  :D

69bronzeT5

My mom likes waiting until after her birthday which is on January 8th. :yesnod:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

1969chargerrtse

Today.  It folds in 3 sections ( including lights ) and is in the attic already.  :2thumbs:
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

Manfred318

We dont usually put one up, so nothing to worry about here. When I was a kid we would usually take ours down on Jan.2

Current MoPars:
1968 Charger. 318 Out of commission:(
1975 Dart Swinger. 225 Pops daily ride.
1990 Dodge Ram. 360FI My daily ride.
2007 Magnum R/T. 5.7 Family wagon.

tan top

not sure , think the ole tradition is supposed to be 12 days after  :shruggy:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

mikepmcs

Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

histoy

skip68

I took our Noble Fir tree down today!!! God, I hate to put the lights on, and even more to take them off!!!!!!   :brickwall: :brickwall: :RantExplode: :brickwall: ............................................................. Oh Yeah, Happy Holidays!!!! :D

Mrs.Skip68 ;)
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

Charger440RDN

I usually take ours down on New Years day, by then I get sick of looking at the damn thing. It is a pain in the ass to take it apart and sort the decorations and lights. :brickwall:

Just 6T9 CHGR

I take mine down on Little Christmas on Jan 6th....a day after my B-Day :thumbs:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

poppa

When all the needles have fallen off...then they are only in one spot. :D
God must love stupid people....he made a sh**load of 'em....

Matco tools...guaranteed for a lifetime. Just not a human lifetime.

NHCharger

Just finished taking all the Christmas stuff down and stuffing it in the basement.
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone
79 Lil Red Express - future money pit
88 Ramcharger 4x4- current money pit
55 Dodge Royal 2 door - wife's money pit
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

RAWPWR

Little Christmas on Jan 6th, the day the wise men arrived
68 R/T Charger 440<br />00 Dakota

Charger RT

when i lived in philadelphia and we had real trees it would be the night before the tree pick up (after jan 1) we would take off the decorations and the next morning (the day of pick up) after sun rise (so no one would set it on fire) we would drag it out for pick up. here we have a fake 3 foot tree and its when ever someone here takes it up to the closet I think last year that was in feburary
Tim

resq302

took ours down today only cause the needles started to finally fall off.  I also took down all of the outside decorations since the ground was fairly soft and I could get all of the stakes out.  No snow on the roof so I took down all of those lights also.  I guess its good that I did it today since they say a storm is coming for Wed or Thurs which would pretty much made the stuff freeze into the ground again till Feb.
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

BBKNARF

68 Charger, slowly in the works, 451 c.i. approx. 535 hp @ the flywheel, so far best time in the 1/4
11.21 @ 119 mph, full exhaust, stock suspension, 4:10s @ 3640 pounds.

Chargerfreak

SLIKK 70

Right after the kids left, 9:45 PM 12/25/09   :2thumbs:

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

FlatbackFanatic

New Years day, take it down , take it apart put it in a box until next year. :laugh:
Flatback Fanatic, Kurt  , MN

ITSA426

If it was up to me it would go out with the gift wrapping paper but it stays up until the first week of January typically,

oldrock

all our Christmas stuff comes down on year years day every year. This year its under freezing so gonna be cold taking all the lights down outside  :'(

jb666

Quote from: SLIKK 70 on December 31, 2009, 04:44:59 PM
Right after the kids left, 9:45 PM 12/25/09   :2thumbs:
:rofl: Don't waste any time there!!!  :rofl:

Mine was down a few days ago and out to the curb on Tuesday.. Long gone decomposing in a lot somewhere as we speak...

TylerCharger69

mine was down the 27th.....something was stinking....we thought maybe a cat had crapped in it.....nope....it was the stagnant water in the base......damn what an odor!!!....good riddance!!!!

General_01

We boxed ours up Tuesday, the 29th. We don't have a normal time to take it down. We just take it down when our schedule's permit, but it does come down some time between Christmas and New Years every year.
1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee
496 stroker
4-speed

RECHRGD

I would think that the tree should come down when the drag strip closes for the season. :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big:  Bob
13.53 @ 105.32

BrianShaughnessy

Took it apart this afternoon and put it back in it's box for next year.    Pre-lit artificial isn't as bad a PTA as others but it's more than I want to deal with anymore. 

Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

greenpigs

I took it down new years day and the wife got ticked. If I had a clue why I would have said what it was.
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

charger490

mine stays up all year it is 45 ft high right next to the house and the only way it is coming down is for the wind to do it.

A383Wing

Quote from: charger490 on January 02, 2010, 05:54:09 PM
mine stays up all year it is 45 ft high right next to the house and the only way it is coming down is for the wind to do it.

That's the best kind, Don......no watering or messy needles in the house

Dodgecharger74

pulled xmas tree back into box xmas evening will pullit back out other end next year & just plug it in
74 charger se
82 dodge PU fleetside short box 440
05 magnum 5.7 Hemi
04 rumble bee hemi

ChgrSteve67

BB1

Delete my profile

grdprx

Cleared ours out last night, to make room for the Poker game!  It could have gone a few more days though.  Hadn't dropped hardly any needles!  I was shocked

ChgrSteve67

X-Mas lights on the house came down today.

Holidays are officially back in the rafters till November.

69rtse4spd

When ever the wife decides to, she puts it up, she takes it down.