News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

And a 75 Charger tv spot for all the 4th gen fans

Started by Ghoste, December 27, 2009, 12:49:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FLG

I love how they talk about change yet they kept the opera windows along with the look of some of the gauges and called it "new".

Ghoste

THE STIG

Quote from: Ghoste on December 27, 2009, 12:49:22 AM
Because I know you're out there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ftfwu0P5eGg&feature=related
About 10 years ago I was working P/T at a car auction for a non-profit organization, my job was to climb into the crapped out donated junk and try and start the cars and if they started put it into gear to test the trans. One day I climbed into one of these not knowing or caring what it was I turned the key and it fired right up then put it into gear and moved it in both directions. I sat there while the bids came in and glanced over at the door panel and saw the Charger emblem, I never knew there was a Charger after 74 and long story short this is how I learned there was, it was'nt much to look at (in my opinion) but mecanically the 318 was sound and ran like a champ. Just thought I would throw this out there.

Belgium R/T -68

How many other models, from any other carmanufacturer went from beeing the hottest musclemachine to a car for your grandpa and still keeping the name?
I can't recall any.

Per
Charger -68 R/T 500 cui Stroker

Ghoste

Belgium R/T -68

Was it still named "Charger" only or was something added to make a distinction that a new era/style was started?

Per
Charger -68 R/T 500 cui Stroker

aussiemuscle

Quote from: Belgium R/T -68 on December 30, 2009, 03:50:15 PM
How many other models, from any other carmanufacturer went from beeing the hottest musclemachine to a car for your grandpa and still keeping the name?
I can't recall any.

Per
i think all those names that survived, post 1973, became hideous behemoths or shadows of their former selves. (except corvette).
mustang "2"
Pontiac Firebird

nh_mopar_fan

Quote from: Belgium R/T -68 on December 30, 2009, 03:50:15 PM
I can't recall any.

Per

Really? What about that lovely Korean GTO?

What about the Cougar?

Even the T-Bird went from a sporty little number to a luxo tank.

There are plenty of examples.

Foreman72

Eric "Foreman"

Previous: 1972 Dodge Charger
Current: 2002 Volvo S60

"The steps of a man are ordered by the LORD, and He delights in his way. Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down; For the LORD upholds him with His hand.
=Psalm 37:23-24=
"But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven..."
=Matthew 6:19-21=
:pat