News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Chargers in a Swedish barn

Started by NorwayCharger, December 25, 2009, 06:44:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NorwayCharger

A Lucky man in a little place in Sweden own this barn  :o
AKA the drummer boy
http://www.pink-division.com

1969chargerrtse

Nice, now get them back here in the USA where they were made originally.  :yesnod:
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

LeadfootBob

Nice  ;D
Saw one just like it last spring (might be the same one?), dude has pair of spruced-up barns with paint booth, complete body shop, heated storage garage etc. inside. On the top floor there are 20-30 muscle cars parked, mainly Mopars and Fords with spare engines, transmissions and the odd Dana 60 laying around in neat rows.
After gawking at all this stuff for a few hours we took a short drive and he showed us his real stash: 15 gen 2 Chargers in various states of repair, all parked in this run-down barn in the boonies, no hint at all as to what was inside...

Edit: Scratch that, this IS the same barn. And the guy has MORE of them now!  :o

Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on December 25, 2009, 07:04:29 AM
Nice, now get them back here in the USA where they were made originally.  :yesnod:
Sure, you fly over and hunt them down, then pay and ship them home. That would be a refreshing turn of events, actually  :smilielol:
Proud member of the jack stand racing team since 1999.
'70 Charger 500: "Bronson", some kind of hillbilly hot rod in progress.
'89 Chevy Caprice 9C1: "it's got a cop motor..."

tan top

:scope: :faint:  dang thats some collection  :yesnod: whats the story ?? any more pictures & stuff  :popcrn:

thanks for posting  :2thumbs:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

NorwayCharger

Quote from: tan top on December 25, 2009, 07:40:43 AM
:scope: :faint:  dang thats some collection  :yesnod: whats the story ?? any more pictures & stuff  :popcrn:

thanks for posting  :2thumbs:

It is a man who loves 68-70 Chargers, 65-70 Mustangs, 55-57 Classic Chevy, and GTO´s.
He have collected a lot of cars and parts over many years, he restore them and drives the cars.
He have a 69 Mustang Fastback with over 800 hp that he drives on the street.
Nice to see a guy that owns a lot of cars, do most of the work himself, likes to drive them too, and not a millionaire  :yesnod:

AKA the drummer boy
http://www.pink-division.com

Al

1968 Dodge Charger, 383, UU1

Ghoste

I never knew Travis had a Scandinavian twin!  :icon_smile_big:

Johnny SixPack

Quote from: Ghoste on December 25, 2009, 10:50:59 AM

:iagree:

Now that is funny.  :icon_smile_big:

Cool story!  :coolgleamA:
Johnny's Herd:
'69 Charger SE, '70 Charger R/T SE 496 Six Pack, '72 Chrysler Imperial LeBaron, '74 International Scout II, '85 Ford F-250 Diesel, '97 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series

"If everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

"If its got tits or tires, you're going to have trouble with it." - Unknown

Got Dodge Fever? There's only one cure.....Charger!

mikesbbody

Quote from: LeadfootBob on December 25, 2009, 07:40:19 AM
Nice  ;D
Saw one just like it last spring (might be the same one?), dude has pair of spruced-up barns with paint booth, complete body shop, heated storage garage etc. inside. On the top floor there are 20-30 muscle cars parked, mainly Mopars and Fords with spare engines, transmissions and the odd Dana 60 laying around in neat rows.
After gawking at all this stuff for a few hours we took a short drive and he showed us his real stash: 15 gen 2 Chargers in various states of repair, all parked in this run-down barn in the boonies, no hint at all as to what was inside...

Edit: Scratch that, this IS the same barn. And the guy has MORE of them now!  :o

So how many 68-70's does this guy have in BOTH barns? (both restored, and being restored?) This guy may actually have more Charger's than Time Wellborn!

LeadfootBob

Dunno how old that article is but the lineup in the pic looks quite different from what I saw. He DOES deal in the cars, make no mistake about it, so they may all be gone by now...

Might be going back there this spring, if so I'll make sure to do a head count.

This btw is the guy who shows us the collection, feigns boredom and says "Chargers, pff, dime-a-dozen cars..." followed by a sh*t-eating grin... BASTARD!  :icon_smile_big:
Proud member of the jack stand racing team since 1999.
'70 Charger 500: "Bronson", some kind of hillbilly hot rod in progress.
'89 Chevy Caprice 9C1: "it's got a cop motor..."

hs1973

if you guys are going to go abroad to find chargers. try finland. i live in denmark next to sweden and everybody here knows that finland is the place to shop mopars. the swedish and fins have vacumecleaned the us for several decades of all the nice mopars, in finland its not uncommen to see several hemicars at the local show in the summer. and sweden is the place in erope that has the most us cars. they bought many cars during the oil crisis when you guys vere giving them away. i personely know of a guy just 20 miles from me that has a barn with at least 40 mopars where most of them are 3 gen chargers, some 2gen and hang one for this one, a genuine numbers macting 71 hemicuda. he put the cude up on a shelf under the roff so noone will steel it- several has tryed. i buoght my 72 charger in my avatar from him. he just has 2 containers one the way with chargers. one is the tribleblack costum hemicharger 1972 that was one ebay a month ago or so. looking forward to seeing it. so guys hungry for mopars try europe.

tan top

Quote from: hs1973 on December 28, 2009, 02:03:26 AM
if you guys are going to go abroad to find chargers. try finland. i live in denmark next to sweden and everybody here knows that finland is the place to shop mopars. the swedish and fins have vacumecleaned the us for several decades of all the nice mopars, in finland its not uncommen to see several hemicars at the local show in the summer. and sweden is the place in erope that has the most us cars. they bought many cars during the oil crisis when you guys vere giving them away. i personely know of a guy just 20 miles from me that has a barn with at least 40 mopars where most of them are 3 gen chargers, some 2gen and hang one for this one, a genuine numbers macting 71 hemicuda. he put the cude up on a shelf under the roff so noone will steel it- several has tryed. i buoght my 72 charger in my avatar from him. he just has 2 containers one the way with chargers. one is the tribleblack costum hemicharger 1972 that was one ebay a month ago or so. looking forward to seeing it. so guys hungry for mopars try europe.

that sounds like some colection  :o
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

MoparManJim

Quote from: Johnny SixPack on December 25, 2009, 12:44:15 PM
Quote from: Ghoste on December 25, 2009, 10:50:59 AM

:iagree:

Now that is funny.  :icon_smile_big:

Cool story!  :coolgleamA:

Yea, I about choke on my coffee here when I red that one myself!  :smilielol:

69charger2002

haha you guys are a trip.   :cheers:
that guy sure has a nice collection of cars. cool looking barn too, odd shaped..
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

mikesbbody

I totally believe this  :yesnod: there's a guy here on DC I use to email him he has a 71 Charger SE Factory 440 and 4 speed very rare! he told me about all the Mopar's in Sweden he even sent me a list of the 71 Charger's listed with Sweden's DMV and there were well over 30 71's alone! there were some 6 pack and even Hemi car's! Sweden's not a huge Country and then there's 72-74's, 68-70's Charger's, E bodies etc etc

hs1973

you better belive sweden has been sucking every cool kind of motor out off the us for decades. it has been a way off life for young swedes to drive cool us cars for as long i can remember. sweden has a population of 10 mil people and its by your standarts a smal country. but every litlle town has at least 30 us cars. and we are not talking the cheapest models here. most of the rare cars can be found in sweden. they have alot of big block and hemi cars. and not only mopars but just about every make you can think off. plus with the swedish dmv you can tjek how many there are in the country off a specifik make and model. we stole all your cool cars when you wasent looking :coolgleamA: during the energy crisis your parents were giving them away almost for free, so they instead could drive small ugly cars, bummer dude :brickwall:

nascarxx29

1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

PocketThunder

Hey!  There's one from Minnesota in there..!   :scope:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

surmanajaja

Wish it was true but no, Finland doesn´t have half as much american made cars as Sweden, and for example, I know only 1 2nd gen charger for sale at the moment,and its priced at around 40k usd...I almost bought a 440 rt for 6k usd long time ago and regret not buying it ever since.

Of course if one is willing to pay ridiculous money, anything is for sale and there are more than 50 2nd gens here that I know but even bad,bad projects go for 10-15k usd. so better to just grab the ones You find in the good old usa.
sweden is another thing, they didnt tax the cars in 70´s so hundreds of shelbys, drop top hemi challenger and dozen or so superbirds were shipped to sweden around the oil-crisis time when noone in the us wanted them.

I dont know why so many americans want to "bring back OUR cars", they were sold also here when they were new (one 4 door hemi-belvedere for example) and generally they are very well taken care of here and never driven on winter or bad weather. so let us europeans enjoy our muscle cars..even if they were not built on our soil. never heard any italian complain why americans are hogging all lambos, ferraris or panteras...

Ghoste

Trust me, it's a minority opinion and a topic that has long ago been beaten to death.

fc7_plumcrazy

Hi,

bringing it down to genuine Hemicharger in sweden you will end up with no 66/67 model but two 68, 4x 69, they had two 70s but both left the country and one 71 RT as well as a 71 Super Bee

Carsten

ChargerSG

Hahaha nascarxx29 you found me :icon_smile_big: But i just have 3 Chargers and 2 Challengers;) I sold 3 last year;)

But here in Swedish contryside like my little village with 7 houses there is like 15 Us cars(sure 6 is mine, and Erik has like 5-6) and in allmost every household in contryside there is one Us car.
My dad did vacume the us in the late seventies, i wouldent be supriced if he bought like 100 cars(60% Mustangs).
Looking for 383 Magnum #0B196875 and 0B115166

elacruze

One of the coolest moments ever outside the U.S. was walking around Stockholm on a Saturday evening, and hearing the unmistakable thunder of big American engines coming. It raised the hair on the back of my neck, giving me visions of Gratiot Avenue and Telegraph road back in Detroit. Strangely it was more intense, because they all rode in together and caught me by surprise. I remember a couple mustangs, a 'Cuda, a '55 or '56 Chevy among many others, a parade of probably 20 cars. I never did catch them parked anywhere, but we were on foot so couldn't follow far.
1968 505" EFI 4-speed
1968 D200 Camper Special, 318/2bbl/4spd/4.10
---
Torque converters are for construction equipment.