News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Started by bull, December 24, 2009, 02:55:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ponch ®

"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

BB1

Considering the size of the humanoids, they're freak'en enormous.  :drool5:
Delete my profile

Mike DC

On the radio today somebody said that on the DVD/Blu-Ray releases of Avatar, there will be a cut sex scene in the extras (presumably the aliens). 

I'm serious. 

Old Moparz

Went to see it last night with my wife & daughter, we saw the 3D version. It was good, but the story was predictable & comparible to the other movies mentioned. The 3D was much better than I expected, not like some of the crap that was done years ago.
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

Ponch ®

Quote from: Old Moparz on January 10, 2010, 10:41:59 AM
The 3D was much better than I expected, not like some of the crap that was done years ago.

that's high praise considering you remember when talkies were the novelty.  :rofl:
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

SeattleCharger

Why would you want anything else?  Just give me a Charger and I'll be happy.

Old Moparz

Quote from: Ponch ® on January 10, 2010, 01:03:34 PM
Quote from: Old Moparz on January 10, 2010, 10:41:59 AM
The 3D was much better than I expected, not like some of the crap that was done years ago.

that's high praise considering you remember when talkies were the novelty.  :rofl:

:smilielol:

You get some of that L.A. sunburn on the top of your head & bake that brain of yours?   :smilielol:
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

CB

I saw it last weekend and I didn't fall asleep  :icon_smile_big:
CB
1968 Dodge Coronet 500

bull

miller

2005 Harley Davidson 1200 Sportster Custom - Maggie
2012 370Z NISMO - Courtney
1979 Corvette L-82 - Lilly
1969 Dodge Charger R/T Clone - Vanessa

Mike DC

Some people said Jar-Jar Binks was a racial stereotype too.  Other people say Harry Potter promoted paganism.  Some have even complained that Bert & Ernie are a gay couple.

Johnny SixPack

Haven't seen it yet, but this article was nuts:

Audiences experience 'Avatar' blues

http://www.cnn.com/2010/SHOWBIZ/Movies/01/11/avatar.movie.blues/index.html

(CNN) -- James Cameron's completely immersive spectacle "Avatar" may have been a little too real for some fans who say they have experienced depression and suicidal thoughts after seeing the film because they long to enjoy the beauty of the alien world Pandora.

On the fan forum site "Avatar Forums," a topic thread entitled "Ways to cope with the depression of the dream of Pandora being intangible," has received more than 1,000 posts from people experiencing depression and fans trying to help them cope. The topic became so popular last month that forum administrator Philippe Baghdassarian had to create a second thread so people could continue to post their confused feelings about the movie.

"I wasn't depressed myself. In fact the movie made me happy ," Baghdassarian said. "But I can understand why it made people depressed. The movie was so beautiful and it showed something we don't have here on Earth. I think people saw we could be living in a completely different world and that caused them to be depressed."

A post by a user called Elequin expresses an almost obsessive relationship with the film.

"That's all I have been doing as of late, searching the Internet for more info about 'Avatar.' I guess that helps. It's so hard I can't force myself to think that it's just a movie, and to get over it, that living like the Na'vi will never happen. I think I need a rebound movie," Elequin posted.

more @ the linked article.

I can't say I've ever watched a movie that made me contemplate suicide.  :shruggy:

Guess my life makes me pretty happy. :cheers:

The Chargers in the garage don't hurt.  :D

Johnny
Johnny's Herd:
'69 Charger SE, '70 Charger R/T SE 496 Six Pack, '72 Chrysler Imperial LeBaron, '74 International Scout II, '85 Ford F-250 Diesel, '97 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series

"If everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

"If its got tits or tires, you're going to have trouble with it." - Unknown

Got Dodge Fever? There's only one cure.....Charger!

Ponch ®

Quote from: Johnny SixPack on January 12, 2010, 09:55:20 PM
Haven't seen it yet, but this article was nuts:

Audiences experience 'Avatar' blues

http://www.cnn.com/2010/SHOWBIZ/Movies/01/11/avatar.movie.blues/index.html

(CNN) -- James Cameron's completely immersive spectacle "Avatar" may have been a little too real for some fans who say they have experienced depression and suicidal thoughts after seeing the film because they long to enjoy the beauty of the alien world Pandora.

On the fan forum site "Avatar Forums," a topic thread entitled "Ways to cope with the depression of the dream of Pandora being intangible," has received more than 1,000 posts from people experiencing depression and fans trying to help them cope. The topic became so popular last month that forum administrator Philippe Baghdassarian had to create a second thread so people could continue to post their confused feelings about the movie.

"I wasn't depressed myself. In fact the movie made me happy ," Baghdassarian said. "But I can understand why it made people depressed. The movie was so beautiful and it showed something we don't have here on Earth. I think people saw we could be living in a completely different world and that caused them to be depressed."

A post by a user called Elequin expresses an almost obsessive relationship with the film.

"That's all I have been doing as of late, searching the Internet for more info about 'Avatar.' I guess that helps. It's so hard I can't force myself to think that it's just a movie, and to get over it, that living like the Na'vi will never happen. I think I need a rebound movie," Elequin posted.

more @ the linked article.

I can't say I've ever watched a movie that made me contemplate suicide.  :shruggy:

Guess my life makes me pretty happy. :cheers:

The Chargers in the garage don't hurt.  :D

Johnny

i felt like that after Mean Girls

Johnny SixPack

Quote from: Ponch ® on January 12, 2010, 10:53:39 PM

i felt like that after Mean Girls

Now I'm REALLY happy I missed it.  :smilielol:
Johnny's Herd:
'69 Charger SE, '70 Charger R/T SE 496 Six Pack, '72 Chrysler Imperial LeBaron, '74 International Scout II, '85 Ford F-250 Diesel, '97 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series

"If everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

SeattleCharger

I was so depressed after I saw it,  I went out and started hugging trees until I felt better.    :'( :'( :'(

wth?  is that for real?  please, they could say that about 100 or 1000 other movies,

the fact that there is a dumb blog like that, and all the idiots writing on it, that's depressing

Khyron

wow.... just wow.....

i'll never understand that..... it's a feaking movie people!

ohh no, I just watched Battlestar galactica and thought that they treated the Aliens so mean! I went in the kitchen and made love to my toaster! soooo, what sav should I use on these burns?

freaking morons.

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

SeattleCharger

Quote from: Khyron on January 12, 2010, 11:46:48 PM
wow.... just wow.....

i'll never understand that..... it's a feaking movie people!

ohh no, I just watched Battlestar galactica and thought that they treated the Aliens so mean! I went in the kitchen and made love to my toaster! soooo, what sav should I use on these burns?

freaking morons.

:lol:        butter?

bull

I get the feeling that blog contains many posts made by 40-year-old virgins who still live with mom.

Arthu®

Now if they all would stop talking about it and actually do it the world would be a better place.

I'm going to see the movie Sunday in 3d. Personally not a very big fan of the fantasy genre, but I am kind of forced by someone that I can't say no to.

Arthur
Striving for world domination since 1986

bull

Quote from: Arthu® on January 13, 2010, 04:58:25 AM
Now if they all would stop talking about it and actually do it the world would be a better place.

I'm going to see the movie Sunday in 3d. Personally not a very big fan of the fantasy genre, but I am kind of forced by someone that I can't say no to.

Arthur

I don't think the message in this film has anything new to say regarding race relations so don't hold your breath. The story is not the film's strong point, mainly because its characterizations are over-simplified (the Na'vi are too perfect and the the military/corporate thugs are too flawed). It basically seems like it's aimed at children. It's decent story-telling but it's oversimplistic and trite and the subject matter is based on politically correct mumbo jumbo. People are not flocking to it to hear the message; they're going to see the special effects.

Johnny SixPack

Quote from: bull on January 13, 2010, 10:25:22 AM
Quote from: Arthu® on January 13, 2010, 04:58:25 AM

Arthur

I don't think the message in this film has anything new to say regarding race relations so don't hold your breath. The story is not the film's strong point, mainly because its characterizations are over-simplified (the Na'vi are too perfect and the the military/corporate thugs are too flawed). It basically seems like it's aimed at children. It's decent story-telling but it's oversimplistic and trite and the subject matter is based on politically correct mumbo jumbo. People are not flocking to it to hear the message; they're going to see the special effects.

IMO movies and T.V. are total propaganda machines.

And, as I see it, they are quite often aimed at kids.

Adolph Hitler said, "He alone, who owns the youth, gains the future."

He also said: "All propaganda has to be popular and has to accommodate itself to the comprehension of the least intelligent of those whom it seeks to reach."

He was a narcissistic, ego-maniacal monster (I don't care what Oliver Stone thinks) who managed to whip an entire country into a destructive/nationalist/genocidal fervor, and he did it with propaganda.

So when it comes to propaganda and controlling the minds of the masses, I think he knew what he was talking about.
Johnny's Herd:

bull

Quote from: Johnny SixPack on January 13, 2010, 11:13:33 AM
He was a narcissistic, ego-maniacal monster (I don't care what Oliver Stone thinks) who managed to whip an entire country into a destructive/nationalist/genocidal fervor, and he did it with propaganda.

What does Oliver Stone think?

Ranger Max

Mike DC

I like the "unobtanium" name. 

Cameron is personally a pretty gear-headed guy.  He put that word in there knowing exactly how engineers have already been using it for years. 

And maybe he was implying that it was an unofficial slang-term for the metal even in that future world.

SeattleCharger

:nana: