News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

24th of December 2009....

Started by G-man, December 24, 2009, 01:41:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

G-man

I have become a proud owner of a 1968 Dodge Charger QQ1-Blue, 383ci Column shift open rear end Original matching numbers - minus the gearbox - car that has no rust!. Also has original body panels and trunk floor and floor pans that have not been replaced or rusted out... which is quite rare to find any cars with the trunk floor or floor pans (even behind rear window or quarters) without rust or at least replaced in its past.

Cant wait for it to get here!

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ME!

:woohoo:

skip68

:cheers: :2thumbs:   Cool !   Is this your first Charger ?  You know what we need to see now..... PICTURES !   :drool5: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

69rtse4spd

8WHEELER

QQ1  :2thumbs:  Great color congrats   :2thumbs:

Dan
74 Dart Sport 360, just for added fun.

OneofNoneRT

1968 R/T 440/4 Spd (Prototype Factory Sunroof)
2008 R/T 5.7l HEMI (Road & Track)

elacruze

Gearbox?

Is that a manual trans car?
1968 505" EFI 4-speed
1968 D200 Camper Special, 318/2bbl/4spd/4.10
---
Torque converters are for construction equipment.

G-man

Quote from: elacruze on December 24, 2009, 05:52:16 AM
Gearbox?

Is that a manual trans car?

727 column shift auto (didnt know there was a column shift manual available as original)  :scratchchin:

Thats only thing that was replaced in the past somewhere. I personaly dont care for matching numbers as I got big plans for it... but... what did it for me is the fact its all original steel not flimsy garbage and not AMD... its ALL front to back original steel, never been replaced... including the trunk floor (this in most cases has been replaced or is rusty and needs replacing) and floor pans 1968 metal and good!

To me that alone is worth 10 000+ cause knowing me, id try to buy NOS panels and u know what that would cost even though it wouldnt effect value of car... now i dont gotta spend to get it... its a bonus WOW to me. Infact to me thats made my day more than if I got offered a full alloy 528ci for free cause i know how rare it is to find all original metal not needing replacement etc while the hemi u just order 1 and get it built (big deal). To me thats worth alot as I treasure stuff like that.

Quote from: skip68 on December 24, 2009, 01:56:49 AM
:cheers: :2thumbs:   Cool !   Is this your first Charger ?  You know what we need to see now..... PICTURES !   :drool5: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

No, my first car was that red charger I asked on here what to do with that had 20 000 worth of repair apparantely needed... after it already cost me 40k AU, was onlya base model 318 car with a 383/4 speed fitted and carb etc (all new mechanicals) body was mostly reproduction stuff (quarter skins etc... very flimsy  :eek2:) and it was red and i never wanted a red car I always wanted a BLUE car!

So I sold it... 40k AU (thankfully lost nothing on it) and replaced it with this show car which came in all ORIGINAL metal  :woohoo: (priceless to me) and to top it off... it also came in BLUE. I mean to get any car in all original metal isnt that easy to find, so which ever colour it is, be very happy with it... well, it came in all original metal and IN Blue as If I ordered it from the show room floor. So to me thats something that woul require pages to explain how exciting that is to me... and its an original BIG block 383. And its ended up MUCH less than the problematic car I had by more than 10k so now I got some money left for the missionary trip and an XV1  :D suspension kit which I couldnt afford for the bad 20k extra needed non original, all reproduction RED of all colours car!

Just picture it (future tense) fully restored Charger to show quality and you can look at it in admiration and quietly to yourself say "yep... that beauty has no reproduction pannels on it... its a show car in its 1968 pannels... wow"

Who can say that about theres?

In SHort

IM OVER THE MOON!.

1 day this baby will handle like a Ford GT40 with 650-700 break horsepower. Hopefully this is something that happenes, if not... whocares Im still over the moon cause its all original sheet metal with no rust needing to be cut out and fixed!

I believe I havent yet even come close to express my feelings on it but Im certain you get the idea!

Can you picture a little boy at 5 years old open a present and its what hes ALWAYS wanted and he knew NONE of his friends had it?

:icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big:

hemi68charger

Congrads........  :2thumbs:  Now, the fun begins.......
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

Cooter

Always rules when you score one you really wanted.... :cheers:
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

4cruzin

Very Exciting!  You must still be jumping up and down!   :cheers:
Tomorrow is promised to NOBODY . . . .

Troy

So after mentioning the original panels (again) more times than I can count... please don't cut any of them out to tub it or g-machine it. Unfortunately, if you throw 700 hp at it in stock form you'll twist it so you need to reinforce the car which throws all the originality right out the window. I'd drive it "as is" or maybe upgrade to a mild 440.

For those who need pictures, it's 41husk's car.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

skip68

I know the feeling of all original metal.   :2thumbs:   Mine is the same and to me that is rare.  One thing I've found out is that most the cars that came without the vinyl tops tend to last longer as mine has.   OK, I'll shut up about that.   ;)   Anyway, great score.   :cheers:
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!