News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Merry Christmas to me - 2nd gen Charger calendars. Got a few left... see pg. 3

Started by bull, December 21, 2009, 04:17:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1969chargerrtse

I don't have many and the setting may not be what your looking for, but here ya go. (Though you already have a Orange 69 )
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

bull

Well, I'm having issues with Costco's online calendar program. The pics have to be high resolution (around 2 MB) or they won't work. Most of the ones I got are below 1 MB and they aren't enough. :scratchchin: So far I've only got 4-5 that will work.  :brickwall:

miller

Quote from: bull on December 27, 2009, 03:34:15 PM
Well, I'm having issues with Costco's online calendar program. The pics have to be high resolution (around 2 MB) or they won't work. Most of the ones I got are below 1 MB and they aren't enough. :scratchchin: So far I've only got 4-5 that will work.  :brickwall:

Is the pic I sent you high enough, if I recall it is somewhere around  1851 kilobytes (give or take .2 kilobytes) which comes out to 1.85 MB. Let me know if you need me to do anything.

2005 Harley Davidson 1200 Sportster Custom - Maggie
2012 370Z NISMO - Courtney
1979 Corvette L-82 - Lilly
1969 Dodge Charger R/T Clone - Vanessa

firefighter3931

Quote from: bull on December 26, 2009, 07:42:41 AM
Quote from: firefighter3931 on December 26, 2009, 07:10:59 AM
Curtis ; here's a pic of the Black Pig in Action. I have a high res copy if you want it.  ;)

Ron

That would be cool, Ron. Do you have a copy of that pic in high res without thr border and logo?

Sorry Curtis....that is a scan of the pic i purchased from the track photographer in St Louis.

Fwiw the (High Res) scan is 2.1 MB....if you want it lemme know and i'll send it out.  ;)

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

bull

Quote from: miller on December 27, 2009, 04:57:17 PM
Quote from: bull on December 27, 2009, 03:34:15 PM

Is the pic I sent you high enough, if I recall it is somewhere around  1851 kilobytes (give or take .2 kilobytes) which comes out to 1.85 MB. Let me know if you need me to do anything.

Yes, yours is one that worked. The others that worked were sent by Tim (chargerboy69), Mike (472 RT/SE), Brian (1HotDaytona) and Mike Willnow (can't recall his username). I tried some of my own pics and they didn't work either. I'm trying to find the minimum size to get decent pics and through trial and error it seems they need to be at least 1.3 mb. Actually, the ones sent by 472 RT/SE are too big so I'm trying to pare them down.

bull

Quote from: firefighter3931 on December 27, 2009, 09:43:00 PM
Quote from: bull on December 26, 2009, 07:42:41 AM
Quote from: firefighter3931 on December 26, 2009, 07:10:59 AM
Curtis ; here's a pic of the Black Pig in Action. I have a high res copy if you want it.  ;)

Ron

That would be cool, Ron. Do you have a copy of that pic in high res without thr border and logo?

Sorry Curtis....that is a scan of the pic i purchased from the track photographer in St Louis.

Fwiw the (High Res) scan is 2.1 MB....if you want it lemme know and i'll send it out.  ;)

Ron

Sure. I'll give it a try. :2thumbs:

RAC95054

Apparently I need to get a lot more creative in my picture taking.  Some really nice ones there.  I can email you some of mine (T7 R/T SE) if you are interested.
Play: Work that you enjoy doing for nothing.   -Evan Esar

bull

I invite you to send your pics (if it's not a hassle) however I already took my CD to Office Depot today and the calendar should be ready tomorrow. I got tired of messing with Costco's online calendar maker because the resolution requirements weren't making any sense. Some of the pics would work and some woiuldn't, even though they were of similar size. One 2 MB pic would work but when I tried to post a 3.8 MB pic I'd get an "insufficient resolution" warning. Admittedly I'm not too savvy on this stuff but I do know when a picture fills my 17-inch screen and looks great at 100% it should shrink down and look fine on a 11.5-inch page. Plus it's a "dumb" program meaning the editing features are very limited. It was impossible or at least very difficult to arrange the pictures, center them, crop them, etc. Anyway, I took 16 pics on a CD to Office Depot today and ordered one calendar with instructions for them to save the completed project digitally in case I need to order more. Brian has already said he wants one and I assume others will too. They are charging $12.99 each so I'm going to be the genea pig here on the first one and see how it looks before I ask for more. Unfortunately the Costo calendars are on sale right now for $7.99 but if it doesn't work it doesn't work. I called Costco today to get some help but they said they have nothing to do with that program other than to charge you for the final product. I wasn't comfortable with that scenario given the time frame.

miller

2005 Harley Davidson 1200 Sportster Custom - Maggie
2012 370Z NISMO - Courtney
1979 Corvette L-82 - Lilly
1969 Dodge Charger R/T Clone - Vanessa

OneofNoneRT

1968 R/T 440/4 Spd (Prototype Factory Sunroof)
2008 R/T 5.7l HEMI (Road & Track)

Jonas_N

Did my high res work? It was kinda big: 3.8 MB
I can make it smaller.  ;)

bull

Quote from: miller on December 29, 2009, 12:29:07 AM
so is it a 16 month calender?

I asked if they would do that but they said no, therefore, some of the pics I couldn't use. I feel kind of bad about this but I used two pics of Brian's 68 in the calendar because I like it so much. On the subsequent calendars I might replace one of them with another member's car to make it fair. Mainly though I was trying to make it so all the pictures were very high quality, framed nicely and had a good mixture of poses if that makes any sense. For whatever reason most of the pictures I got had the cars facing left; 11 of the 16. And all of Brian's pics were facing right so it made for a better balanced collection.

Quote from: OneofNoneRT on December 29, 2009, 06:36:02 AM
Bull. will the calender show (identify) whos car?

I didn't do that on the first one but got to thinking I might do that on the others (if they can do that).

Quote from: Jonas_N on December 29, 2009, 08:03:26 AM
Did my high res work? It was kinda big: 3.8 MB
I can make it smaller.  ;)

Yours is the one that wouldn't work on the Costco program even though the 2 MB pics would. :shruggy: I still don't understand that but it's no longer an issue.

BB1

:scratchchin: old picture not very high rez
Delete my profile

bull

I got the calendar back and it looks good for the most part. The pictures that started out somewhat dark got darker when it was printed so those months don't look that great (probably half the pics :brickwall:). I'm planning on going back to Office Depot today and see if they can't lighten some of them up and possibly add names to the pics. How many people would be interested in having oneof the calendars? I would have posted a picture of it already but I can't get my camera to work. :rotz:

chargerboy69

Quote from: bull on December 31, 2009, 12:50:18 PM
How many people would be interested in having oneof the calendars? I would have posted a picture of it already but I can't get my camera to work. :rotz:

I am definitely interested in one Bull.  Just let me know what the total cost will be.  Do you take Payal?

Tim
Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

bull

Quote from: chargerboy69 on December 31, 2009, 02:36:58 PM
How many people would be interested in having oneof the calendars? I would have posted a picture of it already but I can't get my camera to work. :rotz:

I am definitely interested in one Bull.  Just let me know what the total cost will be.  Do you take Payal?

Tim

Ok. Yours is January so you'd probably like one ASAP. :yesnod: I'm thinking we should be able to get by on $2-$3 for shipping. PM me your address and I'll figure it out and let you know. I'm heading out to Office Depot pretty soon to see if they can lighten some of these pictures up. I spent part of the morning adjusting the pics on my end so hopefully it will be an easy fix. Yours is one of the few that required very little adjustment. I don't know who shot Brian's pictures but if they were all as good as his I'd have printed off 50 calendars by now. Do you care if they have the owner's name on the pics? I've had one request for that but it might be a bit more hassle than I'm willing to deal with on Dec. 31. I don't really want to have to deal with the added work, cost and trying to spell everyone's name right, etc.

chargerboy69

Quote from: bull on December 31, 2009, 03:17:47 PM

Tim
Do you care if they have the owner's name on the pics? I've had one request for that but it might be a bit more hassle than I'm willing to deal with on Dec. 31. I don't really want to have to deal with the added work, cost and trying to spell everyone's name right, etc.

Personally, I do not car if the name is on them or not.  I just think they are cool to have.

You should have a PM with my address.

Thank you for all the work you have put into this Curtis.
Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

bull

Quote from: chargerboy69 on December 31, 2009, 04:03:04 PM
Quote from: bull on December 31, 2009, 03:17:47 PM

I am definitely interested in one Bull.  Just let me know what the total cost will be.  Do you take Payal?

Tim
Do you care if they have the owner's name on the pics? I've had one request for that but it might be a bit more hassle than I'm willing to deal with on Dec. 31. I don't really want to have to deal with the added work, cost and trying to spell everyone's name right, etc.

Personally, I do not car if the name is on them or not.  I just think they are cool to have.

You should have a PM with my address.

Thank you for all the work you have put into this Curtis.

I finally got my camera to work long enough to shoot a video of the calendar. I tried turning it off and on about 20 times and taking the battery out 3-4 times and finally I resorted to just smacking it around (which worked). I'm going to post a youtube link to the first draft calendar in a few minutes.

Here we go: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKzv16tCFs4

Charger-Bodie

Cecil made the cover!! Cool calender Curtis,When do I get mine? where do I send the money?
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

Back N Black

bull, are you willing to ship to Canada? if so, i will take two.  :2thumbs:

bull

Quote from: Back N Black on December 31, 2009, 04:35:31 PM
bull, are you willing to ship to Canada? if so, i will take two.  :2thumbs:

I don't see why our Canadian brothers should be left out. ;D PM your address to me and I'll figure out the shipping cost for two. Same for you, Brian. :2thumbs:

Hey Tim, if you're in more of a hurry I can send you this first draft calendar. Like I said earlier some of the pictures are darker than I like but I could send it out today.

Brock Samson

69rtse4spd

chargerboy69

Bull, They look good.

I am in no hurry.  It can be January in my house all year long.  I will take two of them.  Let me know where, how much and when to send the payment.

--Gerald Ford

bull

Looks like we're up to 15 at least. :o I'm at Office Depot right now making sure eve looks right. They said they'll be done for sure by Monday but I'm hoping for Saturday.