News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Brake Pedal bolt

Started by grdprx, December 03, 2009, 02:02:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

grdprx

I can't find the bolt that goes throught the pedal to mount it to the bracket in the car.  I tried to pick one up at the store, but I discovered that the holes are 2 different sizes.

Anyone know what tools I'd need to remove one from a different vehicle?  Thinking of going by the bone yard tomorrow.   Looks like a tight place to get into...

HPP

Just a wrench and socket will do it. 3/4 and 11/16 I think.

grdprx

Well, didn't have any luck at the local wrecking yards.. They cycle through these newer disposable cars too fast!   :smilielol:

Any idea where I could find one?  New or used doesn't matter.  The Dealer perhaps?  Dunno about that though.  Always has to be a struggle...

maxwellwedge

Try Tonys Parts. He sells a lot of pedals etc.

jkornoff

What about the o-ring that goes on this bolt?  Is that available somewhere or is that just a standard o-ring?  What's it for anyway?  Do I even need it? 

I just started rebuilding my power brake linkage and that old, brittle o-ring snapped on me.

grdprx

Tony couldn't help, I'll call the dealer parts dept in the morning.... 

grdprx

No luck with the dealer...

Quote from: jkornoff on December 05, 2009, 11:31:44 PM
What about the o-ring that goes on this bolt?  Is that available somewhere or is that just a standard o-ring?  What's it for anyway?  Do I even need it? 

I just started rebuilding my power brake linkage and that old, brittle o-ring snapped on me.

I needed one of the O-rings for the bushing that is part of the bell crank linkage, I just got an O-ring that fit from Napa.... 

grdprx

a new question on the topic.  I found this on e-bay.  there is a nut on the taperd side of the bolt, how does it stay in place the other side?

jaak

I am going on memory here, the long bolt pictured goes through to pedal bracket, it slides through on the driverside of bracket, goes thru pedal then threads come out on pass side of bracket (shoulder of bolt is what 'holds' it in place) Also you got to have a bushing on each end of the pedal (where this bolt goes thru). The top bolt in the pic attaches the pedal to the pushrod. I edited your pic and drew a quicky diagram to explain what Im talking about.
Hope this helps,
Jason

grdprx

Beautiful picture!  That looks like it should work then.  I have the white nylon bushings already.  Thanks Jason

grdprx

I got this bolt pictured above..  One issue.  how do I get the nut on up there with the steering column in the way???    :brickwall:  :brickwall:  :brickwall: