News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

66 charger and customs

Started by gareth, December 19, 2009, 09:11:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gareth

im looking to buy a 1966 charger and ship it back to panama central america where i live , there are a couple of things i would like to know since i am a first time buyer of this type of car.
1. how much should i be looking to pay for a v8 1966 charger in a condition which would need work done to it for it to drive
2. what are customs regulations on shipping cars out of america if there are any
any help would be great.

Steelshanks

I believe if you look hard enough you might find a few project cars in serious need of repairs for anywhere from $1500 - $5k. So many variables though... solid cars with little rust and a working engine can go for closer to $10k or higher. We just had a member sell a really nice project car with no rust and tons of new parts for around $4k or $5k... case by case basis.

Not entirely sure about the shipping. I heard of a member shipping a Charger from New York to Canada and it was over $3500...

Another member had a charger shipped from the US to Australia and it was closer to $10,000...

Guess it all depends

:shruggy:
Confucius say: "Man who stand on toilet high on pot..."

My 1st Gen Resto Thread

G-man

US - Australia

=

3300 for boat
1150 for truck from minneapolis to Los Angeles loading doc (so if its further costs more closes costs less obviosuly)
10% on value of car including shipping for duty

So for argument sake car costs 50 000. Boat is 3300 and truck was 1150... the duty is based on 53300 (value of car + boat = total value of car)

And a 50 dollar import approval which should be gotten prior to car braught over cause if customs reject the car (find out it was stolen some time in its history or whatever) the car can and will be sent back to america and you would have to pay to ship it back.

Thats how it works down in Australia anyway

gareth

yeah im a aussie so i know all the problems of down under
but i live in central america and all i need to do is donate something to customs office and they pass it.
i was just wondering about anything in the american side of customs i can deal with this side here easily but since ive never lived up there im dont know about there rules or regulations

Nacho-RT74

Quote from: gareth on December 20, 2009, 02:53:47 PM
all i need to do is "donate" something to customs office and they pass it.

:smilielol: being myself in Venezuela, I know what does mean that :smilielol:
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

gareth