News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Started by MoparManJim, December 20, 2009, 05:04:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FLG

Jim,

Is it me? Or are cars being put together only to be taken apart again?

This was started in 2009, its now almost 2 years later and the real general is long done and driving.

Also, i like attention to detail...but it seems like theirs too much detail without having the proper tools or equipment to make such items look good when there so small. For example...small parts like seat belt clips and shifters just look like globs of plastic (i think some of it is due to the thickness of the paint); some stuff looks great than its painted and it looks bad...the sheer thickness of the paint simply removes a lot of the detail in parts that are so small to begin with. Have you considered changing brands? Maybe using an airbrush and very thin coats?

:shruggy:

MoparManJim

Quote from: FLG on June 20, 2011, 03:30:31 AM
Jim,

Is it me? Or are cars being put together only to be taken apart again?

This was started in 2009, its now almost 2 years later and the real general is long done and driving.

Also, i like attention to detail...but it seems like theirs too much detail without having the proper tools or equipment to make such items look good when there so small. For example...small parts like seat belt clips and shifters just look like globs of plastic (i think some of it is due to the thickness of the paint); some stuff looks great than its painted and it looks bad...the sheer thickness of the paint simply removes a lot of the detail in parts that are so small to begin with. Have you considered changing brands? Maybe using an airbrush and very thin coats?

:shruggy:

What is your issue? are you jealious? have you ever built a model before? maybe I should take and pack the model up and send it to the owner the way it is now.. but then again they wouldn't probably like that to well. This is infact the 2nd time you came at me about something that wasn't even yours. IF you was looking and reading I had gotten some photoetch stuff  ::) but I guess you must have over looked that  :lol:. You must not have respect for other peoples hard work, just like Richard what his name doesn't as he is always mention m-80's most of the time. Have I considering changing brands, dear sir I have in fact change brands already for on this project. even glues as well. But thank you for slamming Jeffs project again.  :lol:

Chris G.

Quote from: MoparManJim on June 20, 2011, 03:50:27 AM
maybe I should take and pack the model up and send it to the owner the way it is now..

I'm dead serious when I say that you should give Jeff that option.  :Twocents:

gtx6970

theres no way to say this without sounding like I'm bashing someone else's work. And No, I'm not jealous.

But I can appreciate model detail as well as anybody, ( I've built more than my share ) But I typically try to replicate vintage build drag cars. like pictured.

But if I can make a few suggestions.

Door gaps look way to big, especially the ft edge of the doors. And yes, I know it's a drawback to get working body parts. Getting the edge gaps  to look right and still work smoothly is extremly tough to pull off. I've done several working trunk lid conversions.
The  interior components, such as the CB and michrophone,especially the  seat belts look out of scale,,,,,meaning to big.
In regards to the working vent wings, I would suggest square brass tubing and a soldering iron instead of streyne strips and superglue. It's a little harder to work with but the finished product would look so much better in the scale your trying to replicate.

It's not hard to tell the inner fender areas were painted with a brush,you may want to consider an airbrush for smaller paint areas that will stick out like a sore thumb done any other way

And easy way to  add realism to the gas tank is remove the moded in version  from 2 seperate chassis's. glue them together, paint it seperate from the chassis  and re-install it in the chassis your planning to use, it gives a more acurate 3d effect like an actual cars tank as mounted.

again, ,,,, I'm not bashing . but simply making suggestions from one model builder to the next.

gtx6970

Because you quoted me, I'll assume your primarily lashing back at my post. But I don't know you one way or the other, So i could care less what you think of my 'suggestions' .
And now that you opened that can of worms., it was just that - a suggestion.
But if you don't like to receive  comments besides asskissing ones?  Well, that's easy - don't post pictures essentially asking for them, especially  from someone who is familair with the  subject at hand.

And BTW,,,,, Yes  I am VERY WELL  aware of how thick plastic model bodies, ever heard of a dremel tool and a sanding drum.

:bow:

RallyeMike

In light of all the criticism and people's inability to appreciate the work you are doing, It may be a good idea to take this whole subject to a modelers forum where you can talk shop with those who are equal in your knowledge of scale modeling.

Hey mods: WHY IS THIS THREAD NOT IN OFF-TOPIC or CAR GUYS? It has nothing to do with real Chargers.

1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

MoparManJim

MoparManJim

Quote from: RallyeMike on June 20, 2011, 01:08:31 PM
In light of all the criticism and people's inability to appreciate the work you are doing, It may be a good idea to take this whole subject to a modelers forum where you can talk shop with those who are equal in your knowledge of scale modeling.

Hey mods: WHY IS THIS THREAD NOT IN OFF-TOPIC or CAR GUYS? It has nothing to do with real Chargers.

Wrong, the models here are in fact base on real chargers. And is this area not for "chargers"? so there for it drowns out what you are saying and clashes with it as well in afew ways when you look at it.. and it can fit in afew places And there is only one thread in this area of mine. There for it's not really a big problem at all. It's only a problem to those who are in fact whinning! :icon_smile_wink: :lol: 

When I posted the photos to share with you all. There was no dang issue at all UNTIL Frank got jealous and started in on me. Quite frankly (generally speaking) it's none of no ones else's business's what goes on with a project that I do for another person yet people likes to cross that line at times. I come here to share the photos with some of you that likes seeing the stuff. I don't mind suggestions and what not. BUT the way I was spoken to early this morning from on another forum from another member as they was jealous and then afew others started in as well then I come here and see almost the same stuff here from one person which is the same one that slammed it the first time on here.. and then see yet afew more starting in as well.. I am tired of it.. it seems after one person starts the rest follows in packs. I'm not running, I'm staying and standing my ground.

FLG

Jim,

I asked a questiion and had a comment/suggestion, it seemes the models are being taken apart and put back together, maybe its me but I was wondering why this was the case. Secondly, was suggesting a change in paint or maybe a change in the way some of the smaller pieces are being made because they tend to lose a lot of detail when there painted.

But its clear unless I'm praising you, ya just don't wana hear it.

No problem.

MoparManJim

RallyeMike

QuoteWrong, the models here are in fact base on real chargers. And is this area not for "chargers"? so there for it drowns out what you are saying and clashes with it as well in afew ways when you look at it.. and it can fit in a few places And there is only one thread in this area of mine. There for it's not really a big problem at all. It's only a problem to those who are in fact whinning! icon_smile_wink lol 

I do see your point, but by the same token you could detail your 1/25th engine build in the Engine section. Many threads on this site will fit into one or more categories, however there is certainly a best category for them to fit into.  I feel that people look at the Charger section to get info on Chargers, not modeling. The "Car Guys Discussion" section even states that it is for "Models, and Toys". At the pace this is going, I'm envisioning a 65 page thread about a couple of plastic toys in a section about Chargers, when it is certainly better suited to other areas of discussion on this board.

I can see how initially placing it in the Charger section fit the mold. I thought it was pretty cool that models were being built of member's cars. But, but now that it's morphed into a 17 pages of details in modeling and discussion about how to model (with no end in site), the thread is clearly no longer focused on Chargers, and somewhere else is where this thread should be.

1969 Charger 500 #232008
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

MoparManJim

RallyeMike

And tomorrow I'm going to post a photo in the Charger Discussion section of the liver spot on my ass that looks like a charger, and another picture and discussion every week to show the growth of hair grow from right where the antenna should be!  Because it's Charger related!

It's ok Jim. Carry on. I'll check back in at page 65.

1969 Charger 500 #232008
1973 Charger "T/A"

Brock Lee

MoparManJim

Steve P.

Do I really have to read 17 pages of stuff I personally have no interest in, or can I just say, Get along. Take your lumps and don't ask if you don't want someone to tell????

I figure some people are getting something out of this or it would not be 17 pages long. I HOPE SO ANYWAY!!!!!!!  That being said: SEE ABOVE.......  :brickwall:
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

RallyeMike

For the record, I have no problem with this thread, it's content, or how long it is. It's just in the wrong place.

I'll just skip over this non-Charger thread for the next three years like everyone else will have to do.

Additionally, for the record, I do not actually have a Charger-shaped liver spots on my ass. That was purely hypothetical.

:angel:
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1973 Charger "T/A"

MoparManJim

MoparManJim

tan top

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

BananaDan

*This post brought to you by Carl's Jr.®*

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. The mediocre mind is incapable of understanding the man who refuses to bow blindly to conventional prejudices and chooses instead to express his opinions courageously and honestly.  ~A. Einstein

MoparManJim

Brock Samson