News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

A General Lee pickup truck

Started by TruckDriver, January 31, 2010, 06:40:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TruckDriver

Well, it is the first time I have seen a "GL" as a pickup. At least it is a Dodge.

More pictures on the link...
http://www.mopartruckparts.com/gallery/g094.html

If you never heard of this website, they have a lot of cool old Dodge's pictures there in the Gallery area.

http://www.mopartruckparts.com/

PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

RCKSTR

Really?? I built this one for a friend a few years ago... At least its a ram-CHARGER  ;)

magnum

There is a lady in a town not to far from me who has a 96 Ram 4x4 painted like the General. She owns a 74 Challenger,69 Roadrunner and a 68 Charger.
Takes a MOPAR to catch a mopar!

Todd Wilson

HEMIMAN 94

SWEET  :2thumbs: thats my favorite model dodge ram!!

Arthu®

I never understood pickup trucks

Arthur
Striving for world domination since 1986

FLG

Quote from: Arthu® on February 03, 2010, 06:53:46 PM

Arthur

Ever own one?

Fun as hell.

You basically can drive over whatever you please and not give too much of a damn  :2thumbs:

Arthu®

Quote from: FLG on February 03, 2010, 06:54:34 PM

Arthur

Ever own one?

Fun as hell.

You basically can drive over whatever you please and not give too much of a damn  :2thumbs:

Own no, drive yes.

I can understand the fun of driving over things, but isn't that what the all terrain vehicle was invented for?

I mean in 2006 the Ford F-series outsold any other car model in the U.S. and I'm sure this was not only because of their ability to drive over things and even surer it is that they don't need a bed that big for every day use. I don't know what you take to work on a normal day, but personally I don't carry around stuff the size of Texas.

And with crime rates being what they are (anywhere in the world) the big open bed is just useless. Put anything in it in any major urban area and it will be gone within 5 seconds.

It's most definitely an American thing and that's fine, I just don't understand it. Plus I think pickup trucks are among the ugliest things ever to come off the drawing boards at any major automotive manufacturer. Well maybe not that Holden thing, but that one is even more pointless but at least it goes like hell.

Arthur
Striving for world domination since 1986

Mike DC

Take a modern fullsize pickup, make it one of the extended/4dr types of cabs, add a closing lid on the shortened bed . . . now it's a gigantic fullsize sedan that a modern man will buy without feeling like a domesticated wimp. 

RCKSTR

I dont think ive ever not owned a truck. From 16 to present, I have always had at least one truck, I dont know how people get anything done without one :shruggy: How do you get wood/drywall/plywood home from home depot? How do you take junk to the dump? When you buy furniture, how does it come home? Ever moved? a truck is the most useful vehicle ever invented.

mauve66

Quote from: Arthu® on February 03, 2010, 07:11:06 PM
Quote from: FLG on February 03, 2010, 06:54:34 PM

Arthur

Ever own one?

Fun as hell.

You basically can drive over whatever you please and not give too much of a damn  :2thumbs:

Own no, drive yes.

I can understand the fun of driving over things, but isn't that what the all terrain vehicle was invented for?

I mean in 2006 the Ford F-series outsold any other car model in the U.S. and I'm sure this was not only because of their ability to drive over things and even surer it is that they don't need a bed that big for every day use. I don't know what you take to work on a normal day, but personally I don't carry around stuff the size of Texas.

And with crime rates being what they are (anywhere in the world) the big open bed is just useless. Put anything in it in any major urban area and it will be gone within 5 seconds.

It's most definitely an American thing and that's fine, I just don't understand it. Plus I think pickup trucks are among the ugliest things ever to come off the drawing boards at any major automotive manufacturer. Well maybe not that Holden thing, but that one is even more pointless but at least it goes like hell.

Arthur

you have to remember that those sales numbers also include fleet sales, pickups (in various bed configuration) do 99 % of the contractor/ small industrial work here in the US
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

bull

Arthur

You'd look like an idiot having a tailgate party with a station wagon. What more reason do you need than that?

Khyron

Quote from: bull on February 03, 2010, 09:38:10 PM

You'd look like an idiot having a tailgate party with a station wagon. What more reason do you need than that?

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.