News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

From US owners to chines

Started by Belgium R/T -68, December 23, 2009, 02:13:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Belgium R/T -68

Volvo Cars is the Swedish automaker where I been employed for the last 27 years, actually the only company I worked for. In -99
we were bought by Ford since the competion in the industry demands hugh investments for product development. We have today
common powertrains aswell as other shared technologies but today it was official that Ford and the chines Geely had made a deal
resulting in selling Volvo to Geely as from beginning next year. Most of us hoped for another solution but I guess in these times
autobusiness is a riscy business and buyers propably don't stand in line.

Per
Charger -68 R/T 500 cui Stroker

Nacho-RT74

GOOOOD!!! GEELY?

and world still considers China as Comunism ? LOL
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

Mr.Woolery

In the 80's:  "Volvo.  They're boxy but they're good."

Now:  "Volvo.  They're boxy and they suck."
-1971 Charger R/T clone restomod project

For details on my cars, check out my web blog

Johnny SixPack

My personal opinion, the Chinese are the next #1 world superpower.

America is being methodically stripped of its ability to maintain that title.

Not looking to debate the merits/drawbacks of that statement in this post, but simply making an observation in regards to how I perceive the changing tides of global power.

Chinese as a 2nd language anybody?  :icon_smile_big:
Johnny's Herd:
'69 Charger SE, '70 Charger R/T SE 496 Six Pack, '72 Chrysler Imperial LeBaron, '74 International Scout II, '85 Ford F-250 Diesel, '97 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series

"If everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

"If its got tits or tires, you're going to have trouble with it." - Unknown

Got Dodge Fever? There's only one cure.....Charger!

Khyron

Quote from: Johnny SixPack on December 23, 2009, 04:35:53 PM

would have to be third, right now, English seems to be the second language in america  ::)

Press 1 for English
Press 2 for English lesson!

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

68charger383

Quote from: Johnny SixPack on December 23, 2009, 04:35:53 PM
My personal opinion, the Chinese are the next #1 world superpower.

America is being methodically stripped of its ability to maintain that title.

Not looking to debate the merits/drawbacks of that statement in this post, but simply making an observation in regards to how I perceive the changing tides of global power.

I would tend to agree, but if we can't buy there products, who are they going to sell them to?
1968 Charger 383(Sold)
2003 Dodge Viper SRT-10

Arthu®

The Chinese are buying everything they can get their hands on because they have too much cash and especially USD. China is a massive country with an even bigger population that is why they can grow so enormously. But their economy is weak at best, they heavily rely on foreign currencies and export, it's very vulnerable and I doubt it will ever become a true leader. They still have a long way to go to become the #1 super power and personally I don't see it happening. In Europe we are already seeing a withdrawal of the cheap labor factories from China to either countries in the region where labor is even cheaper such as Vietnam, Cambodia, Laos, etc or to Eastern Europe. The significant problems with quality control in China is the main reason, plus that it is too far away from home. If they aren't able to improve their educational system up to a standard of some sort plus their infrastructures they are going to lose out soon because labor costs are rising in China (fast) and producers will find the next country to exploit and leave China with nothing. Only the future can tell, personally not a big fan of the Chinese but you can't say they aren't influential and we definitely have to watch them.

Arthur
Striving for world domination since 1986

b5blue

Per will this mean YOUR job is going to China?  :eek2:

SFRT

Always Drive Responsibly

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Johnny SixPack

Johnny's Herd:
'69 Charger SE, '70 Charger R/T SE 496 Six Pack, '72 Chrysler Imperial LeBaron, '74 International Scout II, '85 Ford F-250 Diesel, '97 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series

"If everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

"If its got tits or tires, you're going to have trouble with it." - Unknown

Got Dodge Fever? There's only one cure.....Charger!

LeadfootBob

Geely hasn't made any announcements about where the jobs will end up, have they? "Swedish" auto manufacturers seem to be taking it in the shorts this month, Saab looks set to go down if GM doesn't seal the deal with Spyker or Merbanco (8000 jobs right there)... Frankly, they don't seem too keen.
Proud member of the jack stand racing team since 1999.
'70 Charger 500: "Bronson", some kind of hillbilly hot rod in progress.
'89 Chevy Caprice 9C1: "it's got a cop motor..."

Belgium R/T -68

Quote from: b5blue on December 23, 2009, 07:27:38 PM
Per will this mean YOUR job is going to China?  :eek2:

I'm 48 and I don't think they could move anything overthere so fast. On the other hand hand I spent most of my Volvotime abroad so I
might look for something else if it comes up. I hoped for a chance to work in the US when Ford bought us but those exchangeprograms
were only for people in the purchasing and Marketing & Sales. Me, I always worked in manufacturing so Europe has been the only possibility.

Per
Charger -68 R/T 500 cui Stroker

greenpigs

China is not the devil. I still am waiting for osama bin laden to mess with the Chinese. I think bin ladon knows it WOULD the hit fan. Not saying USA is weak just China doesnt have the hoops to jump through like our goverment. This ends my soap box moment.
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

elanmars

Quote from: greenpigs on December 24, 2009, 07:10:48 AM
China is not the devil. I still am waiting for osama bin laden to mess with the Chinese. I think bin ladon knows it WOULD the hit fan. Not saying USA is weak just China doesnt have the hoops to jump through like our goverment. This ends my soap box moment.

sounds like it'd be a good season of 24 with a guest spot for Jet Li to assist Jack Bauer in kicking ass.
1969 Dodge Charger, pseudo General Lee., 1973 ratty Dodge Charger.

check out my photography: http://www.tomasraul.com
instagram: tomasraul
facebook: www.facebook.com/tomasraulphotography