News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

69 440 worth?

Started by 72charger440, December 17, 2009, 10:44:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

72charger440

how much do u guys think a original never rebuilt 69 440 could be sold for? it has 906 heads. its not an hp engine. is it worth rebuilding or just sell it?
72 charger SE 440 big block  
mopar or no car!!!!

greenpigs

A 69 HP 44O standard bore short block that is locked up for 350 here local.
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

66FBCharger

Not sure. Is the engine complete? Have any pictures?
I might be interested. Where is located?
'69 Charger R/T 440 4 speed T5, '70 Road Runner 440+6 4 speed, '73 'Cuda 340 4 speed, '66 Charger 383 Auto
SOLD!:'69 Charger R/T S.E. 440 4 speed 3.54 Dana rolling body

72charger440

yeah the engine is all there. its in az. sorry no pics its sitting in my storage unit raped up in tape and blackets 2 keepin the weather from getting 2 it.
mopar or no car!!!!

72charger440

oops sorry forgot its missing the intake manifold and distributor but its all there other than that
mopar or no car!!!!

Chatt69chgr

Assuming the block has not been bored and will clean up at 30 or 40 over and the crank is good I'd say about $350 to $400.  69 crank is forged but of course, but is nowhere near as strong as a new Eagle crank.  Rods are usable but you need to use new ARP rod bolts.  Pistons will need to be replaced to use modern gas.  New Eagle rotating assemblies are $1450.  906 heads not worth much.  They don't have hardened seats.  You can get a set ready to go with I think hardened seats and stainless steel valves and new valve springs from Arrowhead for $500.  Make sure the engine mounting ears are not broken.  The one on the passenger side (the lower one) is bad about breaking off.  69 block had the VIN number cast in them so it really only matches up with one car which kind of messes up the numbers matching game a lot want to play. 

72charger440

yeah the engine has never been rebuilt.how much do you guys think the 906 heads are worth if they been cleaned and been taken apart they do need harden seats but thats why im thinkin of sellin them.
mopar or no car!!!!

Khyron

Quote from: 72charger440 on December 22, 2009, 12:16:04 AM
yeah the engine has never been rebuilt.how much do you guys think the 906 heads are worth if they been cleaned and been taken apart they do need harden seats but thats why im thinkin of sellin them.

I payed $100 for mine. they where mint when I got them. but i consider that a good deal.

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.