News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

valets abuse cars , just like in ferris bueller

Started by moparstuart, December 16, 2009, 02:44:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moparstuart

http://jalopnik.com/5427772/st-louis-valets-abuse-hotel-guests-cars-post-videos-to-youtube

my buddy silver SRT 8 magnum got abused buy valets

The Valet's that abused my car in St Louis at the hotel garage, were dumb enough to film it and post it on you tube.

I went to the muscle car re-union last summer and noticed the rubber on my fenders late the next day. I knew it had to be the Valet's the night before, but decided the Hotel would deny it. Turns out they contract with a Valet company that has been fired as a result of their own people posting their abuse online.
look up<>
You tube Jalopnik St Louis Valet's abuse guest cars

My silver Maggie SRT8 shows up twice, but the tag is too fuzzy to make out Buck 70, but you can see the brown KS tag somewhat.

Dale
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

PocketThunder

Valet's are what, 18~20 something year old guys....  How can they resist when something like this comes in.  I'm not saying its right, but how can they resist?
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

moparstuart

Is anyone good enough to help enhance the picture so my buddy can see his plate and get some new tires from the hotel .    ????   help 

Old Moparz

Aren't prisons full for similar reasons? Morons always brag about how badass they are & eventually someone rats them out. Posting dumb s**t like that on a widely popular website isn't the best way to stay under the radar. I can't help but to wonder how many cars those valet jackoffs damaged while practicing their fast & furious skills?  ::)
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

Rolling_Thunder

Quote from: PocketThunder on December 16, 2009, 03:41:07 PM
Valet's are what, 18~20 something year old guys....  How can they resist when something like this comes in.  I'm not saying its right, but how can they resist?

When I was that age I had access to numerous muscle cars...   Superbird, Cudas, Road Runners....     but if its not yours you shouldnt abuse it like that...       then again people don't loose their jobs at NASA to work as a valet
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

RECHRGD

It's not just valets.  I remember years ago, I had a new 1990 Thunderbird SC.  It was kind of a hot little car with a supercharged V6.  I forget why, but I took it to an alignment shop to have it realigned.  When the guy was done with it, he took it for a "test drive" without my knowledge.  He was gone about 15 minutes.  When he came back, he just walked away quickly and said "it rides like a dream man".  I paid the bill and got into the car only to smell burnt rubber and a temperature gauge that was pegged.  Needless to say, the s--- hit the fan.  I think I got the guy fired when it was all said and done.  Oh, and then there was the time I had the tranny rebuilt on the Charger and the installer put over 70 miles on the odometer to make sure it was OK.  Bob
13.53 @ 105.32

bull

Quote from: PocketThunder on December 16, 2009, 03:41:07 PM

Well, maybe they could exercise a little self control. It's not impossible for 18-20 year-old guys to use sound judgement and ethics despite elevated levels of testosterone.

Mike DC

I worked a valet job for a summer many years ago.  We didn't do that stuff to cars at all. 

Honestly, in most cases we didn't even have the TIME to abuse cars like the legends tell it.  We had to get in a car, park it, and then sprint back to the front of building on foot for the next car.  For most events everyone would arrive in relatively short period of time so it was all a mad dash.  And once the cars were parked, we had no legit excuse to take the keys & go back to any of the cars.  We did have at least one supervisor guy at all times, even if he wasn't much older than the rest of us.     

When it came time to go get the cars again for people leaving, there was not much opportunity for abuse either.  You didn't wanna screw around any longer than you had to (much less risk anyone hearing you screech the tires) because you were busting your ass for a good tip on each car.  The tips were all pooled & split at the end of the night so you didn't wanna piss of your co-workers by doing anything stupid.

WHITE AND RED 69

I'd be pissed if that was my car but at least none of them went airborn like in ferris bueller.
1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee 75th edition
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1972 Plymouth Duster

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

jb666

I also, held this job for 6 months one year, when I was younger and never would have treated a customer's car this way...

Now.. My job at the rental agency when I was 16??  :yesnod:

Landonsrt

Id rip someones throat out if I caught them in the act!

I do recall a time when I was 18 and working at Pepboys. A customer came in with an older 911. We werent exactly easy on that car! Especially when I dumped the clutch and the tach popped out of the dash through the steering wheel and landed in my lap..... Or when I took out a 69 Camaro and had it sideways in front of the store for about two hundred feet...

I was an idiot..

Tilar

If one of those were my car, I think that would piss me off enough to go stomp a mud hole in someones ass.   :flame:
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

moparstuart

this story made fox national news last night 

Mr.Woolery

Quote from: Landonsrt on December 16, 2009, 09:10:16 PM

I do recall a time when I was 18 and working at Pepboys. A customer came in with an older 911. We werent exactly easy on that car! Especially when I dumped the clutch and the tach popped out of the dash through the steering wheel and landed in my lap..... Or when I took out a 69 Camaro and had it sideways in front of the store for about two hundred feet...

I was an idiot..

:flame:
-1971 Charger R/T clone restomod project

For details on my cars, check out my web blog

miller time

Quote from: Landonsrt on December 16, 2009, 09:10:16 PM

I was an idiot..

So wait you want someone to rip your throat out?
Since it was ok for you todo then its ok for them todo it :shruggy:
I'm not trying to start anything, just saying...
My :Twocents: :Twocents:

Landonsrt

I realzied the error in my ways for doing that crap. I never tried to powerslide in a parking lot having to avoid other cars and support beams. They did dozens or more. I did that crap twice.

The porsche was a pile. Still no excuse. The camaro was my next door neighbors and he told me to take it out.

And how is it no one heard all that noise coming from the parking deck?

c00nhunterjoe

i did it once while workign for a ford dealer but that is becuase the car's owner instructed me to....lol.  it was a 98 saleen mustang with a supercharged 351 windsor in it.  there is a long story behind the car but to sum it up the car got stolen- recovered a year later banged up- sent to body shop where it was broken into and interior robbed- sits for another year while lawyers are involved- gets sent to my dealer's bodyshop for repairs- 6 months later it is complete- customer picks up but immediatly goes to service dept cause car runs liek crap- i get the car for diag and repairs- found out it sat for several years so i drained teh fuel tank, replaced filters and spark plugs- fires up and runs good but i didnt want to test drive it- customer refuses to pick up until i drive it and verify repair- i putted around teh blcok with the svc manager in the car- customer says not good enough, he doesnt want the car back until i run the crap out of it like he does to verify proper running engine---- so i go for a test drive WITH the customer.......holy shit!!!!!!  that was a badass car, i have driven some nasty street cars but that thing was insane. 1st and second gear were useless. 3rd at 65 would break the tires loose and start walking the rear around. acceleration was incredible in top of 3rd through 6th.  i wont say what the top speeds obtained were on public roads but it was well above the limits....lol  had the car powersliding around turns and speedshifting all the gears.  that is the only time i have abused a customers car and he was very pleased about it. the kicker is he paid the bill, drove the car for a month and sold it. he said it was too much for him.

Ranman69SE

I worked as a valet attendant for 13+ years in an office building parking garage in downtown Seattle.  Like DC Mike, we were usually too busy to abuse anyone's car, not to mention how loud it is in an enclosed concrete subterranean garage, when you light up the tires.  I found that the people with the nicest cars were cool with us parking their prized possessions, and we rewarded their trust with preferential treatment of their rides.  It was the d-bags with their p.o.s. v6 Camaros, 4-banger Mustangs, and entry-level BMW's that were the most concerned that we were going to thrash their cars, and were total dicks about it.  We didn't abuse their cars either, but we did bury them in the basement, and made them wait to get them back.

The most fun was in the winter, when cars came in covered with snow.  The snow melted during the day, leaving puddles of water on smooth concrete, and when the floors cleared out it was power slide and e-brake time!  A buddy once lost control of a Chevette (go figure!) and wedged it against a pillar, caving in the quarter panel.  I had to push against it from the side to slide it away from the pillar so he could deliver the newly modified car to its owner.  Now that's abuse! :lol:

'69 Charger SE 493
'65 Pontiac GTO 6.5 Liter Tripower 4-spd convertible
'78 Ford F250 4x4 SuperCab 460
'85 Yamaha FJ1100
'91 Yamaha FJ1200

FLG

That SUCKS!!

Im sorry but i always opt to park it myself. Not really because im scared of valet abuse, but because i doubt most of them would even be able to start it without flooding the damn thing. And when it is started and its cold out, i dout there going to be sitting there waiting for the high idle to cut off,not let it warm up at all,  throw it in gear, and wonder why it stalled.

:slap:

bakerhillpins

Didn't Corvettes have valet keys for crap like this? It told the engine PC to dump the HP of the car to Yugo status or something like that.
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.