News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

So is it just a pipe fitting plug that goes here?

Started by bull, December 17, 2009, 03:57:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bull

In the hole where you install the fuel pump drive shaft, does it just get capped off with a plug? I can't imagine anything else going there. :shruggy:

68r/t

You are right, it is the same as the oil gallery's  on the back of the block.

carolina charger

Ghoste

Could we take this to mean that you are missing yours Bull?

bull

Quote from: Ghoste on December 17, 2009, 11:39:13 AM
Could we take this to mean that you are missing yours Bull?

Yup. No biggie. They took it and the shaft out during the rebuild which is fine because the original shaft is pretty worn. There's a new one from 440 Source in there now. I forgot what was there but figured it had to be just a plug.

Ghoste

Okay, because MP sells a kit with a new pushrod and pipe plug together but if you already have one half of what you need then I'd guess any hardware store pipe plug will mucho grande cheaper than getting it from Mopar.

b5blue

I thought someone complained of getting non-hardened shaft (sounds dirty huh) from 440 Source. Maybe it was Mopar?  :scratchchin: It was someone here I remember that much. 

bull

Quote from: b5blue on December 17, 2009, 01:30:52 PM
I thought someone complained of getting non-hardened shaft (sounds dirty huh) from 440 Source. Maybe it was Mopar?  :scratchchin: It was someone here I remember that much. 

Oh brother. It wouldn't surprise me the way things have been going with 440 Source. :rotz: I was nervous about putting that thing in there to begin with... Guess I'd better try to find that thread.

bull

b5blue

Yea that's it.....fore warned is fore armed (not four armed)  :eek2:

charger2fast4u

i must of missed that thread. lucky i seen it now for future reference and i got my push rod from yearone. it's a shame more and more parts in the mopar world are becoming faulty. it makes me half afraid to buy anything anymore.

Ghoste

It's partly our fault for insisting that everything be cheaper and cheaper which means it has all pretty much come from China anymore.  And I think it's also partly that with the internet, the moment someone has a problem with a part, the entire planet knows about it.