News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

68-70 Hood Turn Signal inserts

Started by sanders7981, December 16, 2009, 11:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sanders7981

I did a search on here looking for a set of turn signal inserts, but found that no one makes them...yet.  I have one insert in the hood of my 69.  I am thinkning about taking it out, making a template...and then making a few sets.  I have a machine shop on base here that has everything I need to do this.  Depending on the costs and time, I may make a few extra sets.  Anyone interested in these?      

69charger440

What inserts are you talking about? The turn signal indicators!?
1969 Charger 540 Blown Hemi 1000HP, 69 Road Runner 500 Stroker 665 HP

sanders7981

Quote from: 69charger440 on December 17, 2009, 12:03:14 AM
What inserts are you talking about? The turn signal indicators!?

Yep... fixed it in the first post.  I don't know if they are produced by anyone, and the thread I located said that they weren't.  Please correct me if I am wrong.

jaak

Are you talking about the turn signals...or the turn signal delete plates. The delete plates were used on cars that did not have the hood mounted turn signals to fill the hole the turn signals mounted in.
If you are refering to the delete plates, there was a member on here who made up a few sets to sell, I cant think of his name. I bought a set from him, he made them using one of his originals as a template. I'll try to get a pic of them and post it here. I think they were $25 a set shipped.

Jason

sanders7981

Quote from: jaak on December 17, 2009, 12:16:56 AM
Are you talking about the turn signals...or the turn signal delete plates. The delete plates were used on cars that did not have the hood mounted turn signals to fill the hole the turn signals mounted in.
If you are refering to the delete plates, there was a member on here who made up a few sets to sell, I cant think of his name. I bought a set from him, he made them using one of his originals as a template. I'll try to get a pic of them and post it here. I think they were $25 a set shipped.

Jason

That would be the part I am talking about.  I figured about $25 shipped, but I need to see how much the steel will cost me.

jaak

I ran out to the shop and dug 'em out to get a pic, Here they are......

Jason

8WHEELER

I bought a set off ebay about a year ago, they were good units, but I don't find them anymore.

Dan
74 Dart Sport 360, just for added fun.

Ghoste

Makes you sad to think of all the ones that were thrown in the trash over the years as people bought repro indicators to equip their cars if they originally came without them.

tan top

Quote from: Ghoste on December 17, 2009, 11:31:17 AM
Makes you sad to think of all the ones that were thrown in the trash over the years as people bought repro indicators to equip their cars if they originally came without them.

just quick question , not wanting to hijack the thread ! , but did any / or any one seen 68 -69 charger hoods  with out any cut out  or blanking plate , saw a couple a long time ago ,  looked like no hole was ever cut out ! could ir of been factory !!!!!! ???????   :shruggy: thinking about it at the time  could of been custom fabed & welded & bondoed up   :scratchchin:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

Ghoste

b5blue

70's have a blank that fills in where the amber plastic lens would attach, or so I thought?  :scratchchin:

Troy

Quote from: b5blue on December 17, 2009, 01:14:23 PM
70's have a blank that fills in where the amber plastic lens would attach, or so I thought?  :scratchchin:
The version 70 is a large cast piece. I accidentally bought a set once when I was looking for the 68-69 version.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

sanders7981

Quote from: tan top on December 17, 2009, 11:43:45 AM
Quote from: Ghoste on December 17, 2009, 11:31:17 AM

just quick question , not wanting to hijack the thread ! , but did any / or any one seen 68 -69 charger hoods  with out any cut out  or blanking plate , saw a couple a long time ago ,  looked like no hole was ever cut out ! could ir of been factory !!!!!! ???????   :shruggy: thinking about it at the time  could of been custom fabed & welded & bondoed up   :scratchchin:

No worries!  I too was wondering that myself.  From some of the pics I have seen of the AMD hoods, it appears that they come with no holes...but I have never seen one in person so I can verify that.  I would also think that the fiberglass hoods would come with no holes too.  I was just thinking about making another blank insert and just wielding it into the hood and then using a grinder/dremel tool to clean it up. 

UFO

Quote from: b5blue on December 17, 2009, 01:14:23 PM

You thought correctly. :2thumbs:

BrianShaughnessy

My AMD hood has turn signal holes.  My fiberglass hood doesn't.     

Quote from: sanders7981 on December 17, 2009, 10:28:07 PM
  From some of the pics I have seen of the AMD hoods, it appears that they come with no holes...but I have never seen one in person so I can verify that.  I would also think that the fiberglass hoods would come with no holes too.  I was just thinking about making another blank insert and just wielding it into the hood and then using a grinder/dremel tool to clean it up. 

Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

sanders7981

Quote from: BrianShaughnessy on December 18, 2009, 08:58:53 AM
My AMD hood has turn signal holes.  My fiberglass hood doesn't.     

Quote from: sanders7981 on December 17, 2009, 10:28:07 PM
  From some of the pics I have seen of the AMD hoods, it appears that they come with no holes...but I have never seen one in person so I can verify that.  I would also think that the fiberglass hoods would come with no holes too.  I was just thinking about making another blank insert and just wielding it into the hood and then using a grinder/dremel tool to clean it up. 

Hmmm interesting.  Is the fiberglass hood worth it?

will

My fiberglass hood doesn't have them either. I fordet the name of the company, based in fla., usually at carlisle. I know they don't have the springs for the reinforced hood, not very helpful if you need them.