News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Rough idle

Started by WHITE AND RED 69, December 20, 2009, 01:23:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WHITE AND RED 69

I started my charger today and it started idling odd right away. I thought it was just cause it was cold but stayed the same all day. When I would give it gas at higher rpm it would sound like it was backfiring but not nearly as loud. Also the altenator gauge is very jumpy while idling. Everything was normal yesterday, so i'm not sure what the problem is. Tomorrow I will check the carb, spark plugs, and check for any vacuum leaks. Anyone have these problems before or know what it might be? Thanks
1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee 75th edition
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1972 Plymouth Duster

carolina charger

I would say it has a misfire , check your plugs first, then the wires, distributor cap, rotor button.

b5blue

Check your grounds and other connections. Then check your plugs.  :scratchchin:

greenpigs

I second a ground issue to blame.
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

charger2fast4u

i'd check your spark plugs and wires. my 440 started backfiring at mid to full throttle and would have a rough idle when first started and sometimes wouldn't go away. i pulled the plugs and they were fouled out so i replaced them and it fixed the problem.