News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Thought Id end up selling this but now its my new project. Need some advice on

Started by AmadeusCharger500, December 15, 2009, 03:52:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AmadeusCharger500

This is a 73 Se. I picked up at the local Maaco after driving by it for a few years. Has some k-frame problems and needs engine and trans rebuild. I was gonna part with it....yeah right!!, but now its in the garage. So I got some prelim little questions.
1st my overall plan as im taking the engine out I'm thinking, Wow i've never done a stock rebuild. So heres the question.

What type of manifolds are these, and how best to make them look good again?

Also you ever see these funky bolts on these things. Gotta be one of a kind I love em!

AmadeusCharger500

Oops maybe a picture of the car would be nice ;)

wayfast1500

They look like stockers.  You can either wire wheel they spray with hightemp paint or get them powder coated.  That a 318 car? If you doing a rebuild anyway for the same money you can make 400 horse with most of the bolt ons you will be replacing anyway.  There's a few articles on it.  I've got a set of magnum 360 ported/polished heads, plus with the intake/cam/headers/carb you can make some decent numbers.

1969chargerrtse

I find the best way is to have them sand blasted.  I then used Eastwoods brush on high temp cast Iron color paint and it's worked well. The neat thing is you can touch up the manifolds with a foam brush while they are still on the car, if need be.
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

b5blue

And the funky "bolts" are neat items, they are studs with barrel nuts. Good Luck fixing it up!  :cheers:

AmadeusCharger500

Sandblast and paint would be the easy and sensible way I think. I like the idea of being able to do touch ups on the go. Whats the benefit of having them coated? Would they look all shiny and be durable?