News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

North America's largest car dealership

Started by Ghoste, December 16, 2009, 10:37:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghoste

My father in law came over today and he was telling me about some dealership in Montreal that he claimed was the biggest car dealer in North America.  I did a little digging and the place my wife's dad was talking about is close but there is one place that's bigger.
This place is just massive.  I've stolen the following from some dude's car blog so I can't take credit or blame for any of this;

"With about 2,000 new vehicles in inventory, more than 100 service bays and more than 100 sales people, Longo Toyota in El Monte, California is the largest car dealership on the planet. How large you ask?

They built a massive 5 story parking garage to park their new car inventory. Once inside the dealership looks more like a small airport rather than a car dealership. StarBucks and Subway both have locations on site as well as two Enterprise Rant-A-Car locations and an on-site business centre.

I know what you're asking yourself. How many vehicles do they sell a year? How about more than Mitsubishi, Volkswagen, Subaru, Kia or BMW sell across Canada in one year The dealership sells more than 100 new cars everyday!! In fact from just one location they sell close to 50,000 vehicles a year."

So what do you think, is there a bigger one in the US?  There are supposed to be larger ones in the world.

Ryan

Damn and I thought the yota dealer I used to work for was big........ thats crazy
69 charger r/t Triple Black
   572 HEMI, Passion 5 speed, 4.10 Dana under construction

2014 viper TA

Ghoste

Try and find the largest in the world.  I couldn't come up with a definitive one so I didn't post any but there are a couple in the Middle East that dwarf the California one.  A dealer in Saudi Arabia apparently keeps nearly 20,000 new cars in stock!!