News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

440 V8 HP/Police

Started by Matthan, December 14, 2009, 02:18:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matthan

I have a 440 V8 HP/Police & Transimssion. What is this worth?

SeattleCharger

Why would you want anything else?  Just give me a Charger and I'll be happy.

Bob

Did they make a police package? I didn't think they did.

Matthan

John_Kunkel

There's nothing unique about a cop engine or trans, the year will determine the value more than a badge. Since it doesn't run it has core value only.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

SeattleCharger

Since its an hp it should be worth more.  500? 400? for both if somewhat clean (not full of water and rusted out)

Matthan

yeah I might want to rebuild (one day) it is is in my shop I got in a deal when I bought my last charger which I am putting a 318 in it.

Cooter

Round here 1967-1972 440 "HP" engines go for around $1000 for a rebuildable core...This is usually the engines that are complete with "HP" manifolds,  aren't locked up, and might even run. Most times, to buy a 440 "HP" engine, you usually have to buy a whole car and pull the engine out and get rid off the rest...
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

SeattleCharger

oops.  sorry.  guess I didn't realized the value the hp ads to it.   I bought a 72 complete engine for 200 to get the steel crank out of it, which was fine, but the top end was rusted so the block would have needed a sleeve or two from pitted cylinder walls

flyinlow

I used a 440 out of a 72 highway  patrol car for a Charger once.

Steel crank, six pack rods and  4 gear planetarys sets in the trans.  This was 30 years ago when the six pack rods where a hot item. Worked well put 60k miles on it after the build.

I would guess $500 for both if the crank is free :Twocents: