News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Where do you store your parts stash?

Started by Ghoste, December 14, 2009, 12:50:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghoste

I just keep most of mine in a small attic space above the garage where the Charger is kept.  It isn't anything clever or photogenic but some of you must have come up with some ingenius ways to store your stuff?  (it does have a funny way of piling up over the years doesn't it?)

resq302

nothing really clever about storing my parts.  I just have them in plastic tubs with lids that are labeled interior, exterior, engine, etc.  Now as for making things in my garage cleverly hidden, I have a 5 gal old oil container cut in half and hiding my coffee maker, my refrigerator that looks like part of my tool box, and I am still looking for a group 24 yellow or green cap mopar original or repro style battery to gut and cover up my toaster.
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

69bronzeT5

Everything I have Mopar wise is stored inside my Charger right now with the exception of my spare Duster grille in the Duster's trunk and the spare Duster hood and front bumper on the side of the house.
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

dodgecharger-fan

Overhead shelves in the garage.
An outdoor storage shed - bought just for storing parts.  :rotz:
Under the stairs in the basement - the basement is all finished so this is like a little closet with no door.
A couple of pieces in the furnace room.
Small trim pieces on my office shelves.

I really want to get a big storage space as I could move a lot of that and more stuff out of my way so I can get more work done. However, with rent on a 15x30 at $200 per month, I just can't swing it at the moment.
If I could come up with a clever, self-contained way to store things and have them protected from the elements and critters, I could put a bunch of stuff in my brothers barn. It's not a solid structure, but parts of it are fine. So, I almost need a structure within the barn...

rav440

i used to get a kick out of photos of guys storing parts everywhere in the house even as far as the living room , i used to think to myself " man their wife has ti be pissed .  :icon_smile_big:

well i think my wife is getting a little miffed at me because i ran out of space in the garage . i have parts boxxed up in the game room / bar , my frame is right here next to me in the computer room the bucket seats will be in here soon .  ;D
1973 PLYMOUTH road runner GTX

b5blue

I made custom bed frames for the kids and I. They raise the mattress high enough to slide big storage tubbs (20 inch or so) under our beds. They filled there tubbs with toys. I slept over my six pack, heads, and tubbs full of motor parts for along time.  :lol: I made side curtains out of colored canvas so you couldn't see underneath.  

Cooter

Stored in the shed where I built to store the cars....

I'm slowly runnin' outta room..... :eek2:
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

mopar_nut_440_6

I wired lights in my 2nd garage attic and keep bulky light items up there.

I also built 54 feet of shelving in my house garage 12 feet tall and set the widths and heights tall enough for engine blocks on end on the bottom section, then two levels tall enough for Rubbermaid 54 Litre bins, and a tall section on the top for hoods and tall items. I also have a 6 x 28 foot mezzanine for other items along the front wall of the garage.

For my Charger parts I am restoring I took over a bedroom in the house when one of our sons moved out!

Oh and I have an 1150 Dominator in my rec room and my 1/18th car collection on one wall.

My wife is pretty understanding especially since she can now park her car in the garage for the first time in 3 years!

1968 Charger R/T 440 
2004 Dodge Ram 2500 680 HP Cummins with attitude

tripleblkr/t

We used roof truces to make selfs for storage

ipstrategies

Basement (started as one corner in unfinished side.. to 1/3 of unfinished side)
Garage (above opener)
Parts Car (soon to be gone then I need to make space for what in there)
Dads garage attic

Wife wants her basement back as she starts our veg garden plants form seed and Charger parts have taken over.
I am pushing myself to get further along so I can get rid of some of the extra parts to buy needed parts as most of you know.

Other extra room is full of guitars, amps etc with drum set and larger amps in Finished basement.

1971 Dodge Charger SE 383 Magnum
1999 Dodge Durango 5.9
1995 Chrysler LHS

69bronzeT5

Quote from: tripleblkr/t on December 14, 2009, 01:38:47 PM
We used roof truces to make selfs for storage

Holy A12's! :bow: ipstrategies....got some pictures of your guitars if I haven't seen them yet? :cheers:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

John_Kunkel

When I had an extension built on my shop I included some extra space for pallet racks which were pretty available and not too expensive at the time, the rest of my spare parts are divided among wall shelves and overhead shelves in the shop and some of the cleaner stuff is even stored in the house.

Anybody wanna start up a "Hoarders Anonymous" group?
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

tan top

attic in the tool garage ! , but when i was doing the resto , spare bed room in the house !!  cramed packed with new parts & interior , &  all the glass  :yesnod: & one of the storage sheads for drive train goodys
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

Old Moparz

Scattered in many places, but pretty well organized.

1) Some of the smaller, & more fragile stuff is kept inside some of the cars in my garage.
2) Boxes of parts, fenders, bumpers, grilles, seats, & items that aren't heavy are on the 2nd floor in the garage.
3) Engines, transmissions, rears, hoods, doors, & other heavy stuff is on the 1st floor in the garage.
4) Extra hoods, doors, deck lids, gas tank, & at least one rear is in the shed.
5) Heads, intakes, air cleaners, a few seats, glass, a spare air grabber hood, & misc stuff is in the basement.
6) Soft trim that I don't want in a hot attic or cold shed, is in a loft storage area above my bedroom.
7) The 1969 Charger NOS "I" moulding is in a box on a shelf in my closet.
8) The Road Runner air grabber switch bezel is on my dresser in a wood jewelry box with condoms & a wristwatch.
9) An walnut steering wheel is on a shelf in the spare bedroom closet next to my daughter's Star Trek Barbie.
10) There's a rusty muffler from the Coronet next to the canoe behind the garage.

Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

Lennard

ipstrategies

69bronzeT5 I will take a few (pic of guitars etc) when  get a chance. My daughter and I play so it is a combo of hers/mine. Mainly Gibson and Fender. Your collection is very nice from what I see.
1971 Dodge Charger SE 383 Magnum
1999 Dodge Durango 5.9
1995 Chrysler LHS

speedfreak68

I keep all my stuff in a grainry behind my house...with a lock!

ITSA426

Garage, basement, shed in back yard, pole barn about 100 miles away, small locally rented storage unit (trying to make enough room to dump that).  Way too much stuff.  But I could build another car if I got bored.

Dans 68

The big stuff (block, tranny, bellhousing) in my business storage unit, and small stuff in my garage.

Dan
1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259

maxwellwedge