News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

You think our Chargers are high priced......

Started by az69rtcharger, December 13, 2009, 05:41:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

az69rtcharger

You think our Chargers are high priced here is a Aussi 72 Valiant Charger and for the low low price of  $199,000.00 AU or $182,672.00 US it can be yours.
I was looking at the Ford Falcon XB's also and those are price high as well

http://australianmusclecarsales.com.au/muscle/132847-e49-chargergrand-champion?query=charger

Other Chargers

http://australianmusclecarsales.com.au/?m=muscle&query=charger

mauve66

its the owners heritage on the first one thats kicking it up so high
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

G-man

mauve66

Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

G-man

as far as i know, valiant chargers have never won in the bathurst races.

Id rather 200k in a real hemi Dodge Charger not that thing. Like serious.  :slap:

Ghoste

You're right they haven't but IIRC they never had the development effort put into them they deserved before the plug was pulled on them.

squeakfinder

That looks allot like the one I saw at the Kent,Washington gathering last August. It's not though, his was V-8 6 pack.
Still looking for 15x7 Appliance slotted mags.....

loudmouthaussie

as a mopar guy the whole aussie valiant/chrysler thing frustrates me!

guys here think hemi 6's are great because they used to keep pace with GM & Ford small blocks of the same era.

aussie chryslers are smaller than amercian so 426 would have been outta the question. but what about a 440 or 383 option? 360 wasa the best it got but that was post emissions control from what i understand.

im sure theres lots of factors at play and you have to go on what the public here wanted downunder at the time also.

just bought chrysler action a new aussie mag and first 3 issues were a cool mix but latest is all valiant and one dodge dart swinger which only just passes as a muscle car i guess  :shruggy: :brickwall: :shruggy:
1970 PLYMOUTH SUPERBIRD. 440/6BBL/BENCH/AUTO/VITAMIN C.
1979 FORD RANCHERO GT 351.
1960 AUSTIN HEALEY MK1 BUGEYE SPRITE 1275/4 SPEED.

loudmouthaussie

oh yeah and the rare valiant chargers are over priced but so are all lates 60's aussie muscle cars

try $600,000 for a ford GT falcon 4 door. which is really only a US ford fairlane compact with fancy paint and beefed up 351  :shruggy:
why not at least use the 2 door?  :shruggy:
1970 PLYMOUTH SUPERBIRD. 440/6BBL/BENCH/AUTO/VITAMIN C.
1979 FORD RANCHERO GT 351.
1960 AUSTIN HEALEY MK1 BUGEYE SPRITE 1275/4 SPEED.

Mike DC

People think the muscle-era Ford XB GT Falcons are high priced right now? 

Just wait until the new Mad Max sequel/prequel hits theaters in a year or two. 

They're finally getting going on this.  Warner Bros is throwing about $100 million at it.  Max is recast and it looks like it's gonna be about "Mad Max #1.5" in the timeline.  So take a wild guess at what vehicle the new Max will be driving. 

89MOPAR

if it's the ford falcon XA / XB  4 door of around 1968-1969, i'm thinking of, it is not at all a built fairlane, and was in fact the fastest car sold in Australia for a few years...
   still 600K is an awful lot.
77 Ram-Charger SE factory 440 'Macho' package
03 Ram Hemi 4x4 Pickup
Noble M400
72 Satellite Sebring Plus +

G-man

I live in australia, I was born in australia... Australia doesnt know how to make muscle cars PERIOD. 600k, 500k, Id pay 30-50 000 for that E49, not 1 cent more.

Ghoste

But only if it had the numbers matching engine, right?  :naughty:

G-man

I thought it was a numbers matching engine car....

It isnt... for 200k?   :smilielol: :smilielol:

PocketThunder

"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

6pkrunner

"Whatever the market will bear."

Like the blind guy selling pencils for $5million each.
A passerby says,"You're not going to sell many at that price."
Blind guy says,"Only gotta sell one."

The unfortunate part is that everyone watches closely and if one sells for something, then everyone expects theirs to sell for the same.

Laxy

That E49 has had possibly the most detailed and professional restoration ever performed on one of these cars. Given some E49's have gone for 250k to 300k I think the price is justifiable. I don't like the high prices on Aussie muscle these days either but the fact is they are super rare and highly sought after. They were the quickest accelerating production car you could buy here and it took 30 years for anything quicker to come along. Baby boomers were kids when these cars ruled the road and in the last 5 years they finally can afford them - the upshot of this is basketcase cars like this have the money spent to fix instead of parting them out.

Aussie R/T Chargers are still dirt cheap compared to the equivalent GT Falcons and Monaros. Saying you would only spend $30k-50k on that car is just plain insulting to the ridicuolus amount of work and money that went into that car.

Personally I wouldn't spend that money on any Aussie car, as suggested the US Mopars are where the real muscle is and you get a lot more car and engine for your money!   

Cheers  :Twocents:
71 Valiant VH Hardtop 265 Hemi 4-speed, 71 VH Valiant Charger R/T Replica 360 4-speed, 68 Dodge Charger 440/727.

charger Downunder

Ive seen the car its one of the best restored ones around.The owner is a true mopar man.
[/quote]