News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Whats up with Year One?

Started by Paul G, December 13, 2009, 06:52:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghoste

As an FYI for everyone who doesn't already know, anything in the Year One catalog with an "FD" prefix was available from the dealer at the time they made the listing.  Doesn't mean it still is or that it will be cheaper but it does mean it's worth checking out.  :icon_smile_wink:

6pkrunner

Much like UPS, I'm amazed that YO can still find customers. Or the vast majority of people are very financially sound.

Nacho-RT74

Quote from: Nacho-RT74 on December 13, 2009, 11:16:12 PM
who is YEAR ONE ?  :shruggy:

Quote from: Ghoste on December 13, 2009, 11:18:15 PM
http://www.yearone.com/

Quote from: myk on December 14, 2009, 02:30:57 AM
who is YEAR ONE ?  :shruggy:

You really don't know?

Ok was an ironic comment... I was ONE MORE of those shipping rate ripped guys. ( and BAD QUALITY WINDOW FELTS  :brickwall: )

I would get from YR JUST if locally I'm able to buy at the shop. Once I got a favor from a friend who lives close to them. That would be the only way I will buy from them... If I do again, since there are better prices around.

and their presence at 2008 Carlisle ( dunno this year ) was RIDICULOUS... a GIANT TRUCK offering JUST FREE DVD catalogs. Which by the way I still haven't inserted in my PC, and I don't think will do.
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

71charger_fan

I was going to buy a speedo cable. Then they wanted $14 to ship it. I took a closer look and realized it said it was aftermarket. So I cancelled the order and got one from RockAuto for a lot less and only about $6 shipping.

bull

The only time I mess with Year One is when I order lots of stuff and can use the discount codes. Other than that it really isn't worth it to me. I like Megaparts because they figure actual shipping before you pay.

chargerboy69

Quote from: resq302 on December 13, 2009, 08:10:19 PM
Quote from: Ghoste on December 13, 2009, 08:04:37 PM
It's been kind of an ongoing issue for a little while now.  Basically, anything they have can be bought someplace else.

Except for factory appearing wiring.  They have an exclusive contract with M&H wiring.

When I ordered a engine compartment harness from them, I believe shipping was over $30.00.  For one stinkin harness.  Since then I have never ordered from them again.
Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

ITSA426

They sent me an antifreeze decal in a cardboard box once.  Now I shop around just to avoid their shipping gouge.  FD on the part number means factory direct, so you can try a good dealer to get a lot of that stuff.  Notice when you get that discount post card in the mail it never says free shipping.  Most times lately their price isn't even the same as catalog price.  I've pretty much quit using them.

Neal_J

who is YEAR ONE ?  :shruggy:

As I've said many times before, YO is the ANTI-CHRIST!!~

AmadeusCharger500

Year one caters to those who don't keep track of the balance in their bank account. I would seriously like to see them dissed by the enthusiasts in the hobby. There are so very many smaller companys trying to get foot hold who know their products well and don't hype up the prices and the shipping.
Thanks for making me laugh Natcho :smilielol:.....I got it! This company used to be the shit. Great catlogue with the only inventory around. Now with all the alternatives Im perplexed they got their heads still in the dark. Guess its "Make the Money while you can" attitude.

RD

a new hater of year one.. looked to getting a seat divider for my roadrunner.  $25 part.. $48.80 on shipping!!!!! HOLY CRAP!!! I will get it from harden's at the HPAC show now.
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

The70RT

I was gonna order transmission lines and just the shipping was 50.00!! I ordered from finelines and the lines and shipping was 50.00.
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

TX9AAR

At one time they gave out free shipping coupons at the Nat's, do they still do that? I have not been to the Nat's or bought many parts in the last 7 years. I just started hanging out here and on Cuda Challenger.com and Moparts there are so many other companies out there that are supporting these sites that I don't think I will be buying much from YO anymore.
68 Coronet R/T Convertible
70 AAR Cuda
97 Ram

RD

Quote from: TX9AAR on March 28, 2010, 05:55:00 PM
At one time they gave out free shipping coupons at the Nat's, do they still do that? I have not been to the Nat's or bought many parts in the last 7 years. I just started hanging out here and on Cuda Challenger.com and Moparts there are so many other companies out there that are supporting these sites that I don't think I will be buying much from YO anymore.

on a tangent. WELCOME TO THE SITE!!! WHERE DA PICS OF YOUR AAR?  please start a new thread so we can see the cuda.
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

gers1968rt

I was so surprised to see YO at carlisle last year with absolutely nothing, I mean not one part. Did anyone else think that was a little strange? They could have brought at least one trailer full of parts, but then again, they wouldn't have made any money from shipping.  :shruggy:
I used to own a mopar because it was different, but now I know better.

Chatt69chgr

I bought a bunch of stuff from them with the 20% deal several years ago.  Checked some stuff lately and now with the 20% it MIGHT come out what you could get it for somewhere else.  Granted, they do have a few things that you can't get elsewhere.  One nice thing they do that most others don't is they will let you return something years later if you ended up not using it as long as they can resell it.  Of course, you only get what you paid but that's a nice policy anyway.  I live in Chattanooga so I guess if I want to buy anything oversized from them I'll need to make a run to their place just like I did when I picked up my sheet metal at AMD in Flowery Branch, GA.  And I have never paid for a catalog.  I just call them up and request one and they send it to me.  The catalog is a nice reference to have even if you don't buy anything. 

adauto

I've been hearing these shipping stories about YO but... (keep in mind I haven't ordered anything from them lately) As a recycler I'm naturally a cheap ba$terd at times. When I did call them to order I'd just tell them its for A&D in Milwaukee. They usually gave me a discounted price without a code. Shipping was reasonable AND they sent me EVERY catalog they had FREE!!!   :shruggy:
Never too many! 70 Chally R/T Convert-70 GTX-68-69-74 Charger-68 Dart GTS

http://a-dauto.com/  http://www.facebook.com/pages/A-D-Truck-and-Auto-Parts/67427352555?ref=hl

RD

free catalogs dont mean jack to me since they have a online website with all the same stuff.  that is free too.

now what gets me is stupid high priced shipping costs.  needless to say I sent them an email citing this thread as to why I will never buy from them.  hardens musclecar world for me thank you.  to hell with year one.

Nacho-RT74

Quote from: gers1968rt on March 28, 2010, 07:51:32 PM
I was so surprised to see YO at carlisle last year with absolutely nothing, I mean not one part. Did anyone else think that was a little strange? They could have brought at least one trailer full of parts, but then again, they wouldn't have made any money from shipping.  :shruggy:
same as 2008... a GREAT AND NICE TRAILER... STUNNING, WITH LOTS OFFFFFFFFFFF...  catalogs on DVD
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

69bronzeT5

Quote from: 69charger440 on December 13, 2009, 07:35:21 PM
If you tell them to send you a catolog for free if they want your business, they will. I have never paid for a catolog or shipping. I ordeded all the wiring for my 69 charger. The price was over $1000, but after the discount it was only $756. I told them i didnt want to pay shipping either. You have got to be strick with people if your going to save money these days. And dont do business with anyone who doesnt want to work for your business. I will never pay advertised price from any company. Just my 2cents (cell phone).

Just thought I'd say that I said I wanted to do business with them but I hated the fact they want $8 for their catalog and if possible if they could just send me one.......I never got one. :shruggy:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

71 Bee Man

Quote from: 69bronzeT5 on March 29, 2010, 12:47:04 AM
Quote from: 69charger440 on December 13, 2009, 07:35:21 PM
If you tell them to send you a catolog for free if they want your business, they will. I have never paid for a catolog or shipping. I ordeded all the wiring for my 69 charger. The price was over $1000, but after the discount it was only $756. I told them i didnt want to pay shipping either. You have got to be strick with people if your going to save money these days. And dont do business with anyone who doesnt want to work for your business. I will never pay advertised price from any company. Just my 2cents (cell phone).

Just thought I'd say that I said I wanted to do business with them but I hated the fact they want $8 for their catalog and if possible if they could just send me one.......I never got one. :shruggy:

G'day guys,

well.....welcome to the world of the international Charger owner. I can't get anything these days without paying huge postage rates. Seems most places won't send stuff by ship anymore.....it's all UPS I think. At any rate.....try ordering some interior panels for your car or even a front spoiler for your 71, and the shipping is twice the cost of the item.

Yep....I know you have to expect higher postage living overseas, but how does almost $300 US postage for a $180 item sound ??

And at the moment I'm waiting on Legendary to get back to me with shipping quotes for door panels and interior trim......I'll make sure I'm sitting down.

Peter
Sydney, Australia.

Add your details to the Forum members List. Visit this thread to find out more :
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,21133.240.html