News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

The Project '69 Resto Thread - Uh-Ohh... 10-18-14

Started by bill440rt, December 11, 2009, 06:13:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bill440rt

Wow, good to see this thread resurrected!  :wave:

Brian, I know you've been watching the weather forecast for this weekend, just as I have. Unfortunately it doesn't look too promising at this point. I'm hoping the forecast changes.

I had the car out already a few times this year. I took it out for the first time in early April this year, here's a pic of 3 generations of Bill's in the car on it's first outing.

I also took it to it's very first showing this past Tuesday night, to a cruise night down at the local Fuddrucker's. Of course, I forgot my camera of all things.  :brickwall:  It was a FANTASTIC feeling to finally have the car out for it's first showing, there were quite a few people there & the car drew a huge crowd all evening. They give out a few things at this cruise, & the Fuddrucker's staff also goes around to pick their favorite car. Unbeknownst to me they actually picked my Charger, so I came home with it's very first trophy (well, wall plaque to be exact). My son had a HUGE smile on his face, and has already picked out a spot on his wall to hang it on.

I'm really hoping the weather pans out this weekend. Despite the Englishtown Raceway Park outrageous entry fees, crappy food menu, and mediocre Mopar show attendance I'd still really like to go.
Let's keep our fingers crossed in the Northeast!!  :woohoo:
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

charge69

That is really nice to see the different generations of your family in the Charger. Awesome car and congratulations on it's first, but not last trophy!

resq302

Bill,  why does your father have a terrified look on his face?    :smilielol:

Looks like right now they are calling for 30% chance of showers on Sat.  60% chance of scattered Thunder storms for Sun.  However, when I heard the news forecast today for the weekend, they said the T storms were supposed to be a passing T storm sometime after noon time but looked like it might be more towards the late afternoon.  As long as it is not pouring rain, I will be there both days!
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

472 R/T SE

Do you have any other pix besides this one?

Not picky but bigger the better.  rtmike472 at gmail dot com  PLEASE.

jb666

That is an awesome picture. I would frame it and hang it in the house somewhere... Some day you'll look back on this day and just smile.

bill440rt

Thanks, Jeff!!  :cheers:

I already look back at that day & smile!  :icon_smile_big:    Really was a proud moment.
Mike, I'll try to find some big file-sized pics to send them to you. Trouble is, I haven't had the car out that much so I don't have many good ones. Keep a look-out.  :scope:
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

Just 6T9 CHGR

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

bill440rt

Quote from: Just 6T9 CHGR on May 14, 2011, 09:10:53 PM
Umm...didnt you have it out today?  :slap:

Yeah, just didn't get any real "good" photo opp's.  :D

472 R/T SE

He's pretty stingy with his pictures I've found.   ;)

bill440rt

Quote from: 472 R/T SE on May 14, 2011, 10:18:22 PM
He's pretty stingy with his pictures I've found.   ;)

Patience, bud. Don't you worry, they'll be comin' your way before the weekend is up.  :2thumbs:

472 R/T SE

Just razzin' ya'.   Many moons ago I emailed you about pix of your purple car & you sent me 1.   :smilielol:

bill440rt

Quote from: 472 R/T SE on May 14, 2011, 10:27:41 PM
Just razzin' ya'.   Many moons ago I emailed you about pix of your purple car & you sent me 1.   :smilielol:

Really??   :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:
Just ONE?? C'mon, you gotta be razzin' me!  :rofl: :rofl:  That doesn't sound like me. Although, I do suffer from a severe case of CRS.
OK, OK, I'll send some more of those, too!!  :2thumbs:

resq302

Everyone gets one FREE one.  How do you think he pays for his project 69!    :smilielol:
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

bill440rt

Mike,
I just sent you 4 emails, with 4 compressed folders of pics. Please let me know if you got all 4.

These 2 pics were the only ones I was able to snag from it's first show at E-town this past weekend.
My next project in the upcoming weeks ahead: Take More Pictures!!!  :smilielol:

resq302

For those of you who have not seen this car in person, pictures DO NOT DO THE CAR JUSTICE!!!!!  Bill's work is absolutely phenomenal.   Truly a work of art!  Everything on the car is nice and cleanly done with high attention to detail.  If any car needs to be in a magazine, this one should certainly be considered!
Brian

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: resq302 on May 16, 2011, 06:17:33 AM
For those of you who have not seen this car in person, pictures DO NOT DO THE CAR JUSTICE!!!!!  Bill's work is absolutely phenomenal.   Truly a work of art!  Everything on the car is nice and cleanly done with high attention to detail.  If any car needs to be in a magazine, this one should certainly be considered!

Bill, how much you pay for that?

;)
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

resq302

Quote from: Just 6T9 CHGR on May 16, 2011, 04:08:55 PM

;)

You mean I was supposed to get money for saying that?   :brickwall:  Damnit!!!!  Screwed again.    :smilielol:
Brian

twodko

Hey Bill!

Like the gang says your car IS gorgeous. BananDan and I just installed the same sound system. I'm very pleased with ours. The family pix in your car is a great heirloom but you have got to switch to decaf!  :smilielol: :smilielol:
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: resq302 on May 16, 2011, 04:30:38 PM

;)

You mean I was supposed to get money for saying that?   :brickwall:  Damnit!!!!  Screwed again.    :smilielol:
Or at least a reach-around..... :nana:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

resq302

Quote from: Just 6T9 CHGR on May 16, 2011, 04:33:12 PM
Quote from: resq302 on May 16, 2011, 04:30:38 PM

;)

Or at least a reach-around..... :nana:

WHOA!!!!!!  :puke: :badidea: :o   :eek: :eek2:  Easy there.   :smilielol: This door only swings one way, that THAT way is not the way!    :nutkick:
Brian

bill440rt

OK, that just took an ugly turn...  :o

(Chris, owe ya a dozen wings at Hooters!)  :2thumbs:

Really, thanks all for the compliments.
Brian, a freelancer from Mopar Action was at E-town taking pics of it. He's forwarding them to the Cliff, their editor. So, we'll see. Ya never know.  :scratchchin:

Yeah, Tom. Dan took one look at the Secret Audio system in this car & knew he had to have it, too!  :rofl:  He's happy with it so far, also. I am getting an occasional buzz, not sure if it's from ignition or the trans feed wire. Might need a noise suppressor, or re-route the power wire for it.
And, I get that look on my face whenever I drive it!!  :smilielol: :smilielol:  :drive:

lasvegas69charg

hey bill. On page 3 is that 2.5" or 3" exhaust?  Btw I have used your pics for reference so many times. Thanks for taking a lot of pics.
69 dodge charger 383/727/3.55 (my dad is the original owner-matching number) stroked to a 496😉

bill440rt

Quote from: lasvegas69charg on September 21, 2012, 10:04:43 PM
hey bill. On page 3 is that 2.5" or 3" exhaust?  Btw I have used your pics for reference so many times. Thanks for taking a lot of pics.

Hey Vegas,
Great. Glad to hear at least somebody found the pics are useful!  :cheers:

The exhaust is a full TTI 2-1/2" system. 1-7/8" headers, X-pipe exhaust (X-pipe will clear the Keisler trans, will not clear a Gear Vendors tailshaft), Dynomax UltraFlo's, and the TTI stainless tips.
I saw no real advantage for a street car going to a 3" system.

lasvegas69charg

ok. I bought a 3" kit and when I opened the box I didn't relize how big 3" was. I think I will be returning it for 2.5".
69 dodge charger 383/727/3.55 (my dad is the original owner-matching number) stroked to a 496😉

bill440rt

Anyone else on here that can't leave well enough alone?
My '69 has been done a few years now, sometimes you just get the itch to do other mods. So, I've been toying with the idea of putting aftermarket buckets in it. The stock seats leave little to be desired when it comes to handling, I find myself hanging on to the steering wheel to stay planted in the seat. Not good.
I looked around at a few aftermarket seats, & I liked the Corbeau GTS II's. I found a set locally thru Craigslist, these things were literally brand-new & came out of a Mustang. The guy installed them, and just never used the car. He changed his mind and out they came. Good for me, I got a smokin' good deal on them. They even smell brand-new.
I got a set of Corbeau B-body tracks from another member on here (great-guy alert, WHITE AND RED 69!).  :2thumbs:  :cheers:
Here's the driver's seat mocked up in the car. The game plan is to use the inserts out of the old seat cover '69 pattern, and have my upholstery guy stitch me up a set of custom covers to look stock. The tracks are just a bit too tall, so I have to cut, take out 1", and re-weld. Corbeau offers lower tracks now, but I can modify these easily.