News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What's the best way to remove drip moldings on a 71 Charger

Started by rich4406bbl, December 04, 2009, 11:42:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rich4406bbl

I need to remove the drip moldings from a 71 Charger. What's the best way to do it without damaging them? I heard that a bottle opener works but does anyone have experience doing it that way both pro and con?

71green go

I have used that method using the flat type opener.....I placed a piece of scrap tin under the edge of the opener to kinda distribute the pressure on the molding....move along lifting a bit at a time and she'll come right off

NHCharger

I just used a large flat bladed screwdriver, and wrapped a piece of cloth around the end to protect the drip molding from any damage.
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone
79 Lil Red Express - future money pit
88 Ramcharger 4x4- current money pit
55 Dodge Royal 2 door - wife's money pit
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

Mr.Woolery

-1971 Charger R/T clone restomod project

For details on my cars, check out my web blog

Chatt69chgr

I tried various ways at the junkyard to perfect my technique and found that the bottle opener worked the best.  As stated, you need to be real careful with it and gently move along doing a little at at time.  Pops right off.  Use the flat type bottle opener by the way. 

AKcharger