News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Update to my HLPAG woes

Started by AirborneSilva, December 01, 2005, 05:41:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AirborneSilva

Quote from: 4402tuff4u on December 02, 2005, 06:59:15 AM
Quote from: AirborneSilva on December 01, 2005, 10:04:30 PM
Quote from: Charger Aficionado on December 01, 2005, 09:14:29 PM
  Can you post/or PM a shipping address?   I would like to donate some minty Rockers to you from a rustfree '68!   (I'd like to see that car get done)...   After looking at her photos, it hurts to see an XS look like that!   I'm sure Travis (knowing how much he loves these autos) may offer a part you need?   (Where U at man)???    Look at me putting him on the spot...

Everyone else;   Let's hold "an offering" to help this guy :)   

Here's a list of parts made (allthough these prices are a tad high)...

WOW, I'm speechless and will PM you my address, you can use it anytime you need if you are ever passing through and need a place to hang your hat for some R&R, I BBQ a mean steak too.   Thank you for your generosity.   Some folks have suggested that I either sale it or junk it.   I can not sale it since I can not take that loss, I mean what would someone give me for it and I'm not going to do the same thing that was done to me!!!   I will not junk it either, if it takes me the next 10 to 20 years to get it restored then that's as long as it will take and she WILL be back on the road again with me behind the wheel just a smillin a big shit eatin grin   :drive:

Were'nt you advised by AG not to touch the car????? :ahum:

Yes I was, not until all was settled, and I wont but know that in the end I will be fixing her up since I doubt very seriously that they are going to just take the car back, that would be too big of a loss for them, it would be cheaper for them to just settle for a portion of the money, or they could lie and say they will give me some parts like they did that other women (whom she told me she hasn't ever received the parts), so in the end I have no doubt that I will be working on her and probably by this summer if all goes well....

EDIT:  4402tuff4u, if you are infering that I am in anyway scamming anyone who is gracious enough to send me parts out of the kindness of their heart then please do not put me in the same catagory as HLPAG, you don't know me and I am not that kind of person, as stated I was told by some folks to just turn around and sale the charger but I can't do that.  If, and that's a big if, it turns out that they take the charger back then I will return any parts that were given to me.  I think that if you ask Ken, who has actually spoken to me over the phone, I am not that kind of person - I'm just someone who had a dream to get another Charger R/T (the first car I onwded was 68 Charger R/T - way back in the day), and I had a chance to get one to restore but got ripped off from my savings.

bull

I certainly hope hlpag gets their comeuppance. Did you ever get in touch with that lady they screwed over? She has a solid case too IMO. I don't know what AG stands for but I hope they see through all the BS hlpag dishes out.

AirborneSilva

Quote from: bull on December 02, 2005, 10:46:19 AM
I certainly hope hlpag gets their comeuppance. Did you ever get in touch with that lady they screwed over? She has a solid case too IMO. I don't know what AG stands for but I hope they see through all the BS hlpag dishes out.

AG stands for attourney general.  Yes I did get in contact with that lady, she told me that they were suppose to get her some parts but she has never received them.  She also said she would be interested in being a part of a class action law suit but the only people who make out in those are the lawyers not the plantifs.  I did send her another e-mail to let her know that the AG is taking my case so if she wants to file a complaint I will give her all the info I have to this point and help her in anyway I can.  Yeah these guys need to be taken down and I can only hope that what I'm doing will help in doing just that....  This poor lady, myself, and who knows how many others have spent our savings only to get ripped off  :flame:

Charger Aficionado

Quote from: AirborneSilva on December 02, 2005, 08:48:39 AM
EDIT: 4402tuff4u, if you are infering that I am in anyway scamming anyone who is gracious enough to send me parts   please do not put me in the same catagory as HLPAG

No, I'm sure he don't think that.  I spouted that off out of the blue.  It just makes me sick seeing that car, (just the fact that they tried to pull one over on him)...  And the fact that it is a '69 R/T, and deserves to be re-done. 

4402tuff4u

Can you post/or PM a shipping address?   I would like to donate some minty Rockers to you from a rustfree '68!   (I'd like to see that car get done)...   After looking at her photos, it hurts to see an XS look like that!   I'm sure Travis (knowing how much he loves these autos) may offer a part you need?   (Where U at man)???    Look at me putting him on the spot...

WOW, I'm speechless and will PM you my address, you can use it anytime you need if you are ever passing through and need a place to hang your hat for some R&R, I BBQ a mean steak too.   Thank you for your generosity.   Some folks have suggested that I either sale it or junk it.   I can not sale it since I can not take that loss, I mean what would someone give me for it and I'm not going to do the same thing that was done to me!!!   I will not junk it either, if it takes me the next 10 to 20 years to get it restored then that's as long as it will take and she WILL be back on the road again with me behind the wheel just a smillin a big shit eatin grin   :drive:

Yes I was, not until all was settled, and I wont but know that in the end I will be fixing her up since I doubt very seriously that they are going to just take the car back, that would be too big of a loss for them, it would be cheaper for them to just settle for a portion of the money, or they could lie and say they will give me some parts like they did that other women (whom she told me she hasn't ever received the parts), so in the end I have no doubt that I will be working on her and probably by this summer if all goes well....

EDIT:   4402tuff4u, if you are infering that I am in anyway scamming anyone who is gracious enough to send me parts out of the kindness of their heart then please do not put me in the same catagory as HLPAG, you don't know me and I am not that kind of person, as stated I was told by some folks to just turn around and sale the charger but I can't do that.   If, and that's a big if, it turns out that they take the charger back then I will return any parts that were given to me.   I think that if you ask Ken, who has actually spoken to me over the phone, I am not that kind of person - I'm just someone who had a dream to get another Charger R/T (the first car I onwded was 68 Charger R/T - way back in the day), and I had a chance to get one to restore but got ripped off from my savings.

Clear your mind brother, just hate for you to loose what it sounds to be a good case against HLPAG because you touched the car in any way. At least the AG is pursuing it enough to assign an investigator. They (AG) mean what they say. You know the saying: "you touched it, you bought it!" Good luck.
"Mother should I trust the government?........... Pink Floyd "Mother"

Tom_440

You need to speak with the AG before performing any repairs to the car. The legal term is "Spoliation of evidence."

In other words, the defendant (HPLAG) is allowed by law to examine the evidence (car) brought against it in order to defend itsself at time of trial. If you fix up the car before getting the green light from the AG, HPLAG"s attorney could bring a motion to the court stating that they can't examine the evidence, because it was altered, so they can't get a fair trial and the case should be dismissed. A judge could then dismiss the case and HPLAG will not be punished.

I expect the AG will merely have an administrative hearing, so it is possible that extensive photos and an appraisal may be enough, but I would definitely speak with the AG before doing anything, and DOCUMENT EVERYTHING.

Good luck.

It might also be interesting to sue then in your local small claims court. (cheap for you) Since they are doing business in your jurisdiction, you may be able to force them to come to your city to defend themselves.  That would be fun.  :yesnod:

dodgecharger-fan

Yep, be careful how you handle things. Online and with the car..

No one here wants you to lose this fight.

When the time comes to start work on her, though, if you need some fender patch panels - M-116 in the picture above - let me know. I have a pair that you can have.

AirborneSilva

Quote from: 4402tuff4u on December 02, 2005, 11:16:53 AM

EDIT:   4402tuff4u, if you are infering that I am in anyway scamming anyone who is gracious enough to send me parts out of the kindness of their heart then please do not put me in the same catagory as HLPAG, you don't know me and I am not that kind of person, as stated I was told by some folks to just turn around and sale the charger but I can't do that.   If, and that's a big if, it turns out that they take the charger back then I will return any parts that were given to me.   I think that if you ask Ken, who has actually spoken to me over the phone, I am not that kind of person - I'm just someone who had a dream to get another Charger R/T (the first car I onwded was 68 Charger R/T - way back in the day), and I had a chance to get one to restore but got ripped off from my savings.

Clear your mind brother, just hate for you to loose what it sounds to be a good case against HLPAG because you touched the car in any way. At least the AG is pursuing it enough to assign an investigator. They (AG) mean what they say. You know the saying: "you touched it, you bought it!" Good luck.

Cool, and no I am not going to touch the car until all is settled with the AG.  I'm not the most patient of individuals but God is teaching me to be patient  ;)

AirborneSilva

Thank you all for your well wishes in my fight, also rest assured that I will not be touching the car, it is over the inlaws anyway and I prefer to not even look at it at this point since it just makes me sick and angry. 

If I sounded defensive in prior posts accept my apollogies  :)

Charger Aficionado

Quote from: AirborneSilva on December 02, 2005, 03:00:29 PM
If I sounded defensive in prior posts accept my apollogies :)
It's bad when you have to get defensive over someone else's wrongs(HLPAGetti).

AirborneSilva

Quote from: Charger Aficionado on December 02, 2005, 09:15:23 PM
Quote from: AirborneSilva on December 02, 2005, 03:00:29 PM
If I sounded defensive in prior posts accept my apollogies :)
  It's bad when you have to get defensive over someone else's wrongs(HLPAGetti).

I herd dat  :icon_smile_big:

RECHRGD

Let Judge Judy kick their ass !!!!
13.53 @ 105.32

cudaken

Being a E-bayer I was going to send the bidders a link to this site and posting's. Rotten ass holes must know people are on to them! They have blocked the bidders ID's.

Boy that 440 looks just right. There has to be a way from stopping these F==kers.

Cuda Ken
I am back

greenpigs

Well if you did the bidder MAY tell them about this thread, not good.
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

cudaken

Green Pigs, the truth will win! But, hum Troy might need a lawyer ;D

Cuda Ken
I am back

greenpigs

I hope hlpag losses EVERYTHING they own down to the shovel used to put the bondo in!
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

cudaken

After what they did to Tony, I be happy to beat them about the head and shoulders with the shovel with it. But seems thay buy Primer in 55 gallon drums from there last  listings I posted.

Did you guys see all the house paint Lees in that one PIC ;D

Cuda Ken

Tony, if you pay for the Medical Bill's I will go vist them. ;D Not mine either. ;) Never mind, money would be better spent on be coming out to your house. :thumbs:

I am back

AirborneSilva

Quote from: cudaken on December 03, 2005, 09:08:02 PM
After what they did to Tony, I be happy to beat them about the head and shoulders with the shovel with it. But seems thay buy Primer in 55 gallon drums from there last   listings I posted.

Did you guys see all the house paint Lees in that one PIC ;D

Cuda Ken

Tony, if you pay for the Medical Bill's I will go vist them. ;D Not mine either. ;) Never mind, money would be better spent on be coming out to your house. :thumbs:

I'm surpised they didn't use the black primer and then take some crappy pictures like they did to me >:(

Yeah hopefully I can get some money up and get you out here, but on the other hand I hope for your sake that you get a job soon (then maybe I'll have to get you out here for a working vacation  :icon_smile_big:)...

Big Lebowski

Rare bondo rust buckets are worth restoring, but those scumbags should advertise them that way.
"Let me explain something to you, um i am not Mr. Lebowski, you're Mr. Lebowski. I'm the dude, so that's what you call me. That or his dudeness, or duder, or you know, el duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing."

jaak

I just sent them an email telling them they had a nice junk yard, and I would give them 250 for one of those orange parts cars, that have the big 01's on the doors, I'm curious if they will email me back, I thought that would piss them off.  :icon_smile_big:

Blown70

:hah:

Quote from: jaak on December 03, 2005, 10:54:05 PM
I just sent them an email telling them they had a nice junk yard, and I would give them 250 for one of those orange parts cars, that have the big 01's on the doors, I'm curious if they will email me back, I thought that would piss them off.   :icon_smile_big:

BigBlockSam

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

chargervert

Word to the wise! I know the computer has made finding,and buying Mopars conveinent, but I will not buy cars or parts that I havent seen with my own eyes! I learned this the hard way! Luckly I learned it early in the game! I have been fortunate enough to meet some of the nicest/honest people,while looking for,and buying cars and parts over the years! I have also met crooks,and kaniving scumbags,who make a living ripping off honest Mopar lovers like us! E bay is a ripoff artists dream come true! Its Caviot Emptor on E bay!!!!!LET THE BUYER BEWARE!!!! :icon_smile_evil: