News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Update to my HLPAG woes

Started by AirborneSilva, December 01, 2005, 05:41:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AirborneSilva

Thought I would give an update to what is going on.  Some of you may remember these threads;
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,3584.0.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,3692.0.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,3834.0.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,3768.0.html
We sent them a letter (certified), and cc'd the Illinois AG, as well as filled a complaint with the AG.  Our deadline has come and gone for HLPAG to respond, so we contacted the Illinois AG today, they have looked at our case and have decided that there is merrit to proceed with the complaint and have assisgned us a case number (which we will get in the mail), along with an investigator.  Since we made the wonderful folks an offer of either they take the charger back and I eat the cost of shipping to me and they eat the cost going back to them, or they can give me half my money back and we'll call it even, the AG said I am not to touch the car and to have patients, that this could take a few months to resolve.  I guess what it all boils down to is that the AG has found merrit and will hopefully get something done with the ass wipes, maybe it will put them on their radar and put a stop to their crap!

dodgecharger-fan

Let's hope so.

Best of luck in your case and thanks for taking these guys to task.

AirborneSilva

Quote from: dodgecharger-fan on December 01, 2005, 05:43:16 PM
Let's hope so.

Best of luck in your case and thanks for taking these guys to task.

Thank you for your response and kind words.  Let's hope the AG doesn't go soft on me!  I just couldn't see letting these guys get away with it, well not without a fight.  There are some that were trying to get me to get a class action lawsuit going, I even had one other person whom said she would get in on it, well that is all well and good but those usually take years and the lawyers are the only ones who get anything out of it.  If I can get something out of it, like half my money, I will let the other person know and she can take the same route that I am.  I will update the group as I know things...

golden73

good luck!

this will probably be in the court system for quite some time, I hope you are a patient man!

AirborneSilva

No I'm not, but right now I have more patients then money, so I have no choice  :(

MGBRingo

Good luck and many will benefit from this.  Especially future customers who will not get scammed.

AirborneSilva

Quote from: MGBRingo on December 01, 2005, 06:03:40 PM
Good luck and many will benefit from this.   Especially future customers who will not get scammed.

Boy I hope so, but I can't get too cocky, I haven't won anything yet...

Pistolpete

Good luck, I hope this is the drop in the bucket that causes the ripple effect !!!

Go get'em !! :yesnod:
'68 440 4 spd - Pro Tour
'69 R/T 440 4 spd

I love being me......ask anybody!

greenpigs

Keep the site informed as much as possible, MANY here would love to see hplag get the screwing they deserve.
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

BigBlackDodge

Good luck!

This thread needs to be at the top of the list permanently!.................maybe it will warn others before they get scammed too!

BBD

Old Moparz

Ladies & gentlemen, how about
we give a big round of applause
to Airborne Silva? Let's hope he
get's the dirty, rotten bastards!!

Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

Charger_Fan

Good luck Man, I hope things will go well for you. If so, the AG is gonna have to brace himself froma all the requests from other people who have been screwed by HLPAG.

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

AKcharger

Yeeeeeeeeee Hawwwwwwwwww go get 'em and good luck

Hey, we should start a Political Action Fund to pay for attorneys for plantiffs

73dodge

You better watch what you post here about them, a good scummy attorney can log on here and see all your posts and try to use them against you. Besides I know the guys at hplag lurk here and at MOPARTS so you might want to double check what you post here. You don't want to tip your hand to them on how you plan on fighting these guys.

But I would think just doing a google search on hplag would pull up more negative stuff about them than positive. They are like a cancer on the internet

Good luck with your case.
Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms should be a convenience store NOT a government agency!

sharpspike

kick there A$$ Airborne.

good luck to you.

did you contact ebay at all. i cant believe they let people like them hide there feedback score and make the list of bidders private for a auction. we cant even give the bidders a heads up in that case.

id get that lady hooked up with the AG now, they might get a little more aggresive with two cases.

Telvis

Charger Aficionado

Can you post/or PM a shipping address?   I would like to donate some minty Rockers to you from a rustfree '68!   (I'd like to see that car get done)...   After looking at her photos, it hurts to see an XS look like that!   I'm sure Travis (knowing how much he loves these autos) may offer a part you need?   (Where U at man)???    Look at me putting him on the spot...

Everyone else;   Let's hold "an offering" to help this guy :)   

Here's a list of parts made (allthough these prices are a tad high)...

bsakal

HLPAG also advertises heavily on www.collectorcartraderonline.com, beware......And now they're advertising that they do restorations.

69 Charger SE - 66 Chrysler Newport 383

AirborneSilva

Quote from: Charger Aficionado on December 01, 2005, 09:14:29 PM
  Can you post/or PM a shipping address?   I would like to donate some minty Rockers to you from a rustfree '68!   (I'd like to see that car get done)...   After looking at her photos, it hurts to see an XS look like that!   I'm sure Travis (knowing how much he loves these autos) may offer a part you need?   (Where U at man)???    Look at me putting him on the spot...

WOW, I'm speechless and will PM you my address, you can use it anytime you need if you are ever passing through and need a place to hang your hat for some R&R, I BBQ a mean steak too.   Thank you for your generosity.  Some folks have suggested that I either sale it or junk it.  I can not sale it since I can not take that loss, I mean what would someone give me for it and I'm not going to do the same thing that was done to me!!!  I will not junk it either, if it takes me the next 10 to 20 years to get it restored then that's as long as it will take and she WILL be back on the road again with me behind the wheel just a smillin a big shit eatin grin  :drive:

Charger Aficionado

Quote from: AirborneSilva on December 01, 2005, 10:04:30 PM
I will not junk it either, if it takes me the next 10 to 20 years to get it restored then that's as long as it will take and she WILL be back on the road again with me behind the wheel just a smillin a big shit eatin grin :drive:
  Because HLPAG paid $$$ for the basic sheetmetal that they said was there....   :)  

I already sold-off enough parts to re-coup what I have into it...   You should see the car, it's only a pile now...   Kid had cut frame out of it to make a Derby car, and it was RUST FREE.   I also got some sorely needed metal for the 500 S.E.   I was going to list them on eBay, but nobody would've paid what I wanted for them...   Plus I hate eBay fees...  So their yours... 

TheGhost

Quote from: greenpigs on December 01, 2005, 06:26:32 PM
  Keep the site informed as much as possible, MANY here would love to see hplag get the screwing they deserve.

Not just any screwing, but unlubed anal screwing, perferably.

Take those bastards down.
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

Silver R/T

so youre saying they wont have more car & son projects for sale??
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Chryco Psycho

Ghoste

Isn't that other woman you're talking about a member here?

4402tuff4u

Quote from: AirborneSilva on December 01, 2005, 10:04:30 PM
Quote from: Charger Aficionado on December 01, 2005, 09:14:29 PM

WOW, I'm speechless and will PM you my address, you can use it anytime you need if you are ever passing through and need a place to hang your hat for some R&R, I BBQ a mean steak too.   Thank you for your generosity.   Some folks have suggested that I either sale it or junk it.   I can not sale it since I can not take that loss, I mean what would someone give me for it and I'm not going to do the same thing that was done to me!!!   I will not junk it either, if it takes me the next 10 to 20 years to get it restored then that's as long as it will take and she WILL be back on the road again with me behind the wheel just a smillin a big shit eatin grin   :drive:

Were'nt you advised by AG not to touch the car????? :ahum:
"Mother should I trust the government?........... Pink Floyd "Mother"