News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Update to my HLPAG woes

Started by AirborneSilva, December 01, 2005, 05:41:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AirborneSilva

Quote from: chargervert on December 05, 2005, 01:50:40 AM
Word to the wise! I know the computer has made finding,and buying Mopars conveinent, but I will not buy cars or parts that I havent seen with my own eyes! I learned this the hard way! Luckly I learned it early in the game! I have been fortunate enough to meet some of the nicest/honest people,while looking for,and buying cars and parts over the years! I have also met crooks,and kaniving scumbags,who make a living ripping off honest Mopar lovers like us! E bay is a ripoff artists dream come true! Its Caviot Emptor on E bay!!!!!LET THE BUYER BEWARE!!!! :icon_smile_evil:

UM, thanks  ???

I have a tendency to trust people, my bad I guess.  But, my son had bought a pick-up ( :puke: cheby), a friend had bought a c6 corvett (and told me he had bought and sold other cars from e-bay), I have bought some small parts for my jeep, and have sold some computer parts on e-bay all with great success.  I did look at their rating, which was high (why I don't know), I even had another friend look at the add so there would be an objective viewer and not just someone who REALLY wanted a charger R/T and thought he was getting a good deal (like you hear about all the time), so yeah I was taken and yeah I feel like a dumb ass, yeah I'm pissed and yeah I hope that the Illinois AG can do something for me, then I hope that I can get my Charger together and on the road.  I know i have an up hill battle with everything from trying to at least recoup some of my money, to actually getting it on the road.  It is more then I had bargained for, ALOT more, but I will get it back on the road (unless the AG makes them take it back, in that case I hope they don't take anyone else with it and I hope that it isn't cut up for parts either).  I guess what I'm getting at is thanks for the advice, late as it is, now if you want to help and know of where I can get some parts on the cheap, or want to come over here and help me get some work done on it cause I'm in new territory here, Ken has already offered to come help with some work - cheaply (when the time comes), then you got my attention  :icon_smile_wink:

chargervert

I'm sorry to hear about those scumbags ripping you off! There has been some chatter both here,and on Moparts,about them,and there shady deals! I am currently selling my 70 V code Road Runner to a gentleman from Florida,and he came all the way to Rhode Island to see the car! I know it sucks to have to travel,to see a car,but trust me its worth it,if your the guy laying down the cash!

AirborneSilva

Florida to Rhode island is a dern sight closer then Hawaii (Which is where I lived at the time I bought the car), to Illinois.  I understand what you're saying, trust me I do, but hind sight and all that kind of stuff.........

venom94558

Wow!  Another father and son project!!!  YEEEHAW!!    :horse:

I am honestly very sorry for what has happened to you with that car you purchased from those jokers.  I live in the chicago land area and I have been in search of a 1969 dodge charger for a while, I was all set to drive up and purchase a car from them, however I got very lucky, when I called them about the car, they were such jag offs to me, that I changed my mind about dealing with them, I figured if they were this much of a-holes when I was giving them money, they would truely be a joy if I had an issue or problem.  That was years ago, and I am still on the hunt for a 69 charger, but I think you are doing the right thing by going after these morons, and I hope you win.

terrible one

Airborne,

As cool as it would be to get that car back on the road, remember how far gone it is. I know you know it, but maybe you should consider getting another car that would give you a much better start. To me, that is key, and the one you have is pretty much toast. What I mean is fall in love with the model, not the car.

AirborneSilva

Quote from: terrible one on May 30, 2006, 09:58:08 AM
Airborne,

As cool as it would be to get that car back on the road, remember how far gone it is. I know you know it, but maybe you should consider getting another car that would give you a much better start. To me, that is key, and the one you have is pretty much toast. What I mean is fall in love with the model, not the car.

I hear what you're saying and I have fallen in love with the model, my first car - way back in the day - was a 68 Charger R/T, which is a big reason why I wanted to get another charger r/t.  I just have one problem, how do I justifiy just writing this one off?  I have so much money into it from getting the royal screwing from HLPAG that my brain just can't get to the point where I say, well lesson learned.  I hope to be able to get another car to build and maybe do a little here and there on this one.  I know that I will spend a crap load of money (I will be doing the work myself), and that when I am done the car will not be worth what I have into it BUT, the way the prices have continued to climb I may one day get my money out of it, and if not then I will have a nice car (well 2 of them if I have my way and the wife keeps her word)... 

terrible one

I understand, and I really don't know what to say because you already have so much money into the car, thanks to the bastards at HLPAG. It just may make more sense to part out what you can from this one and move on. By the time you get this one fixed up, you probably will have spent more than you would after getting a bit of money from this one and starting over again. Still, it all depends on the work you can do yourself, the deals you find, etc. It also depends on what you want to do, I was just throwing that bit of info out there because I found it useful. Hell, people get on me about fixing the car I bought, and it isn't all too bad.

bsakal

Do these HLPAG scum go to Carlisle?
69 Charger SE - 66 Chrysler Newport 383

AirborneSilva

Quote from: bsakal on May 30, 2006, 06:20:22 PM

I couldn't say, maybe someone who goes can chime in. 

4cruzin

I'm not sure that many of us would know them if we did run into them at Carlisle??  I wouldn't  ??? 
Tomorrow is promised to NOBODY . . . .

DarkAngel0816

First I want to say I am sorry for what happened.  I had looked at them before, but than I stumbled onto here and people warned me to steer clear of that place.  Granted I did buy one from someone else and the Charger I have has some major issues that I was not aware of....BUT the guy I bought it from did send me a little money back to help with the frame rot (that had been covered up very well).  I have been lucky for I have people who are helping me get it back to being safely on the road (my neighbor is going to help me with the frame and body issues HOPEFULLY lol although I am scared what might be under the paint.  Car has been full of surprises) and Jim from here has been a huge help on the electrical nightmare that is going on.  Found some real nasty burnt melted wires under the dash and under the hood.  Without people offering help I would have gotten rid of it and probably lost tons of money for I would be honest with the issues.  It does suck...I came pretty darn close to possibly losing the car to fire a couple months ago when we started it...yeah...nightmare.  lol

With so many people having issues with hplag it shocks me people still buy.  And that they are still open.  Hell I remember an email I had received from them I was in awe at how unprofessional it was.  Most of the words were mispelled.

Anyways good luck! 
I love my 1970 Dodge Charger R/T Clone

4402tuff4u

Quote from: AirborneSilva on May 30, 2006, 09:27:46 PM
Quote from: bsakal on May 30, 2006, 06:20:22 PM

I couldn't say, maybe someone who goes can chime in. 

I've never seen a booth or a sign indicating that they had a floor spot in Carlisle, but I'm pretty sure someone from HLPAG must go down there to look at whats around. I don't think it would be a place for them to really show that they were there. It might get a bit ugly. Unfortunately, I'm pretty sure there are many like you that have been mislead by HLPAG. Seems to be a pattern with them, not sure thou I've never done business with them. Don't think I ever will. Good luck.
"Mother should I trust the government?........... Pink Floyd "Mother"

lee

If you want to see what the main guys look like go to the web site there are 4 of the dim wites standing with the original Daisy on the first page. :flame:

Mike DC

HLPAG doesn't make money off the established Mopar hobby.  They make money of the eager novices who haven't gotten their connections in the hobby established yet.

------------------------------------------------------------------

AirborneSilva,

Best wishes on the fight.  Those guys need to be brought down.  If it were any other industry besides old car projects they probably would've gone to jail for something a long time ago.

And check your PM box; I'm sending you a small message.

dkn1997

here they are, with a little editing so you can spot them easier

RECHRGED

bsakal

I've never seen any signs or anything that they are at Carlisle, that's why I asked, I had no idea what they looked like, until now. I would love to run into one of them there. :smash:
69 Charger SE - 66 Chrysler Newport 383

AirborneSilva

Quote from: terrible one on May 30, 2006, 12:39:03 PM
I understand, and I really don't know what to say because you already have so much money into the car, thanks to the bastards at HLPAG. It just may make more sense to part out what you can from this one and move on. By the time you get this one fixed up, you probably will have spent more than you would after getting a bit of money from this one and starting over again. Still, it all depends on the work you can do yourself, the deals you find, etc. It also depends on what you want to do, I was just throwing that bit of info out there because I found it useful. Hell, people get on me about fixing the car I bought, and it isn't all too bad.

I do appreciate your input, so don't get me wrong there.  I will be doing all the work myself, but if anyone wants to volunteer to come down and help me with the frame rails  :icon_smile_big: I think that is my bigest fear that I don't get that right.  I do know a guy in my jeep club (well 4X4 club), that has a body shop and he has offered to give advice when needed and I will be asking a boat load of questions to some of our members here as well.  As I have said before, I hope to be able to get another charger that is much more buildable and do this one slowly as I have time and money.  We'll see how things go and if money will permit getting another.

cantankerous

Found this ad today in my local Southern California Auto Trader...

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Brock Samson

Ghoste

Toll free number, nation wide financing, ads in states several hours distant.  How can such a bunch of common small time crooks operate a business that size and that public and not be featured in some expose for scamming people?  Why are they not in jail?  How come no one goes over and breaks their legs or burns down their shop?
Surely, some karma will catch up to them sooner or later?

AirborneSilva

Quote from: Ghoste on June 02, 2006, 04:13:31 AM
Toll free number, nation wide financing, ads in states several hours distant.  How can such a bunch of common small time crooks operate a business that size and that public and not be featured in some expose for scamming people?  Why are they not in jail?  How come no one goes over and breaks their legs or burns down their shop?
Surely, some karma will catch up to them sooner or later?

I have been wondering the same things myself!

warriorbass05

WOW!! I'm new here and now I am glad that I stopped in this thread to read. I have seen their ads many times and they always seem a little fishy to begin with. I am looking for a charger but not from those guys!!!!!

dkn1997

Quote from: warriorbass05 on June 05, 2006, 07:51:45 AM
WOW!! I'm new here and now I am glad that I stopped in this thread to read. I have seen their ads many times and they always seem a little fishy to begin with. I am looking for a charger but not from those guys!!!!!

makes it all worth it if one more person gest saved from getting scammed by them...

btw, that's how they stay in business, they prey on people who are just getting into the hobby, but cannot afford Barret Jackson prices for cars.  It's just too tempting for some.  It's like those "as seen on TV" infomercial products.  We all know none of that crap works, but people will buy it because of the price/sales pitch.  they want a thing so bad (like a charger, and who could blame anyone for that) that they allow themselves to be talked into it by scumbags like the ones from Lake Villa Ill. 

maybe they have supernatural powers.  how else to you explain the frequent bidding on their ebay auctions when they have private feedback? 
RECHRGED